Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

RIP conflict spam

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    TNinja wrote: »
    How do bots spam conflict?

I mean, that sounds rather advanced.

Same way the commerce bots were made: someone got really bored one day and asked "can I bot it?" Turns out the answer was yes.
    badnewsbarrettZeoTheNyanCat
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

From what I understand, I guess there's a mod or something people use to have alts that just constantly spam it on repeat for mass amounts of gold.

I mean, how? Is the mission that easy to finish?
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    or they know ppl spam it for gold and they want us to buy more gachs to make more gold and make it harder to get gold in game without paying cash
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890

From what I understand, I guess there's a mod or something people use to have alts that just constantly spam it on repeat for mass amounts of gold.

I mean, how? Is the mission that easy to finish?

Pretty sure you need a group to get into it anyway (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and if you figure if their main character is really strong, they can get into a higher level mission. Then all that gold each character is getting completing it, which they can then trade to themselves... That's what I'm guessing they do, anyway. I don't think I've ever even run conflict lol. Not really one for Shadow Missions tbh.
  • XXVVIIVVXXXXVVIIVVXX
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    MashiMoto wrote: »
    Lol, typical Nexon. Reduce the one way I could make money without bs. At least give us a better alternative for those who can't always get a op group or can solo like most people. Didn't even know people can or were even botting conflict lmao sucks for them.
    ShouK wrote: »
    Conflict is the only SM I enjoy doing since it only takes like 2 minutes with good party + decent gold. Welp thank you for the unnecessary nerfed nexon

For people whom actually do SMs and not merch, this has been the way, in most cases, to take a bit of gold from just spamming something with decently leveled players in a short amount of time. Nexon wants people to blow loads of money on NX so they can buy said gold instead of actually making it. EHM~.. I understand that there's other methods such as Wiz, Lord, etc, etc.. But Conflict spamming was the easiest to do for the 10, 20, 30 minutes of spamming for repair money, gear money, blow money, listgoeson. For the people who sit there and merch all day, everyday, having a quick and easy way to make money be poofed is Nexon saying, "wE iS SmUrT We NeEd mOrE MuNy NUUUUUUH!" (Insert Spongebob Meme). Isn't that big of a deal to most but to the some that actually do Conflict all the time for their gold because its the easiest, its a BIG-DEAL. Thanks Nexon.
    Twelie
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited June 15, 2017
    To be honest, this "nerf" has been expected since KR had their SM gold "nerf" , it was only a matter of time..

You're lucky it's just 1 SM currently, if we get the gold rates in KR then you'd better find another way to make gold because SM essentially becomes a time and durability sink.
    Zeo
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    él-Dubbya?

Nonsense, just get three handicraft-mules since it's easy to get high rank titles for hard shadowmissions, and solo it with the main character.
    There is a lot of ^this setup.
  • ArchmagickArchmagick
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Look this is an unpopular opinion but.

It honestly might be better at this point to gold wipe ALL servers, assuming there's an admin function for it. There's simply no way to keep up with inflation anymore, and these gold nerfs are bandaids on a flesh wound. Especially in Korea. A lot of that we take for granted costs HUNDREDS of mills there.

I've always been against it but I'd rather deal with a gold wipe and actually be able to make gold off content again (and i say this as a fairly wealthy player ig) than this death by a thousand cuts approach.
    SebastianZeo
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Archmagick wrote: »

It honestly might be better at this point to gold wipe ALL servers, assuming there's an admin function for it. There's simply no way to keep up with inflation anymore, and these gold nerfs are bandaids on a flesh wound. Especially in Korea. A lot of that we take for granted costs HUNDREDS of mills there.

I've always been against it but I'd rather deal with a gold wipe and actually be able to make gold off content again (and i say this as a fairly wealthy player ig) than this death by a thousand cuts approach.

That... how on earth would that solve anything? I'm sorry, but I don't see how that would help. If anything, it'll cause people to start trying to force Paypal oriented transactions on rare gacha items. (Yea yea, I know it's against the TOS. I'm not condoning it, but ya'll see the same parties that I do advertising openly in-game for it. Parties that Nexon has done nothing about. )
    badnewsbarrettGretaNilremImaizumiTwelieChibiMegu
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited June 15, 2017
    Tairiku wrote: »
    Archmagick wrote: »

That... how on earth would that solve anything? I'm sorry, but I don't see how that would help. If anything, it'll cause people to start trying to force Paypal oriented transactions on rare gacha items. (Yea yea, I know it's against the TOS. I'm not condoning it, but ya'll see the same parties that I do advertising openly in-game for it. Parties that Nexon has done nothing about. )

Especially when that's all most people seem to do anymore is want Paypal. Even if they're advertising to sell it for gold, some people will still ask if you'll do PP anyway. And the Facebook groups and stuff are mostly just PP sales anymore, or "PP preferred" and then when you ask to buy for gold, you either have to offer high or they'll set you as current offer and hold out for someone to pay real money instead. I see it all the time v.v A gold wipe would definitely drive it up.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 15, 2017
    Nah, they'll die and move on like the rest if that's the case

( I looooooove flaunting indifference. People love getting their feelings hurt )

Plus I can't even get paypal over here. I have to deal in bitcoin or google-wallet. Both have much less waiting anyways.
    Zeo
  • VaniaVania
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,065
    Instead of a gold wipe, a gold sink would be much better. For instance, make fine/credne reforges, enchant protection potions, or a gachapon available to purchase with gold via NPC for limited time.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 15, 2017
    Vania wrote: »
    Instead of a gold wipe, a gold sink would be much better. For instance, make fine/credne reforges, enchant protection potions, or a gachapon available to purchase with gold via NPC for limited time.

Seal shop 2.0?

Btw~has the lovely potion botters been addressed already?
  • PepperLimePepperLime
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Rhey wrote: »

Seal shop 2.0?

Potion botters? That's a thing?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    It might slow them down, but I am not sure. I run Conflict for Experience anyway. I mean, Gold? Sounds like a waste of Shadow Crystals that I rather use on the daily missions anyway.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 16, 2017
    PepperLime wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »

Seal shop 2.0?

Potion botters? That's a thing?

Lovely potion. The dream goods of every commerce trader. Bots has a monopoly on em. :(
    Imaizumi
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited June 16, 2017

A better gold sink would be that, but permanent. Limited time gold sinks aren't going to solve this inflation issue in the long run. Add a lot of "good" junk in there (SE potions, EXP fruits, you can have fun with your imagination) and you pretty much have something people will always be buying and not just for the grand prizes.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Praise Morrighan! Death to all bots/alt farmers!
    TtheHero
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Buffalos wrote: »

A better gold sink would be that, but permanent. Limited time gold sinks aren't going to solve this inflation issue in the long run. Add a lot of "good" junk in there (SE potions, EXP fruits, you can have fun with your imagination) and you pretty much have something people will always be buying and not just for the grand prizes.

this will definitely solve the inflation, but nx items and free players might be hurt in the process.
    like i said before the end reward may not even be enough for repair fees. If -this is the most depended way to make gold in mabi- i wonder how people will manage obtaining gold independently, and repairs.

when the inflation completely gone, they'll def be more people obtaining things by earning them with time instead of money
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Prior to this nerf, Nexon already gave insight about it for months now if you follow KR news closely. In preparation for it, Conflict was heavily abused more and scripts rewritten to work for other mass gold producing things. Not like this nerf really mattered.