Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So the new dungeon.

dra011dra011
Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
in General Chat
The new dungeon Sidhe Finnachaid it's a nice dungeon with interesting looking mobs that i honestly like for the most part i like the way it looks and i like the music.
it's nice to have a dungeon that isn't room then long hallway repeated for 3+floors thought i do sometimes lose my bearings a tad but it's not a big deal.
  1. so what did you think of the new dungeon?108 votes
    1. Good
       42% (45 votes)
    2. Bad
       17% (18 votes)
    3. Ok
       26% (28 votes)
    4. haven't had time to do it.
       16% (17 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's okay.

The boss is a fat bag of HP.

There are split paths in the dungeon, but it doesn't seem like there's any reason to do any spawn type but the fastest one.
    Now, as to which is the fastest...

Offering?
    Lungfish Cube?
    Plain old "kill everything til they stop spawning"?

I'mma run it and find out some more!
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Not an insane lot of new mechanics offered to make it much more interesting than regular dungeons and the boss has way too much hp. Just..very boring and dura consuming. I did expect as much though. I guess it looks nice at least.
    Tairiku
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    This is just like how they bastardized the Dungeons with the beef walls of HP. This new Dungeon is just as much of a slog as the others, if not more.
    TairikuImaizumiMierin
  • dra011dra011
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    It's okay.

The boss is a fat bag of HP.

There are split paths in the dungeon, but it doesn't seem like there's any reason to do any spawn type but the fastest one.
    Now, as to which is the fastest...

Offering?
    Lungfish Cube?
    Plain old "kill everything til they stop spawning"?

I'mma run it and find out some more!

Huh i didn't even realised there was more then one path nice to know.
  • dra011dra011
    TtheHero wrote: »
    This is just like how they bastardized the Dungeons with the beef walls of HP. This new Dungeon is just as much of a slog as the others, if not more.

yeah but that's how mabi does difficulty now give it more of x stat/stats so players have to buy more reforges or grind more skills to do y amount of damage to do z thing
  • dra011dra011
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Not an insane lot of new mechanics offered to make it much more interesting than regular dungeons and the boss has way too much hp. Just..very boring and dura consuming. I did expect as much though. I guess it looks nice at least.

yeah but that's more or less all new dungeons to be honest i didn't focus on the negative stuff at all here as most of the things i have posted lately have been negative or seen as such plus didn't feel like ranting and yeah it looks nice wish i could have a homestead in it honestly.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    hit the double dragons... was not fun finding you had to kill both within 15 seconds or so of each other specially when solo.

Then there was the spirits that are immune to all attacks except the dancing, and killing some other things that die fast, but for me they spawned way too far apart from each other, and killing the ones that explode they were not spawning near enough to the ones they killed so I had to use that dance move 6 times with its nice long CD... (hope that made sense)
    I honestly don't see myself doing it again.
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    lidiya wrote: »
    hit the double dragons... was not fun finding you had to kill both within 15 seconds or so of each other specially when solo.

Then there was the spirits that are immune to all attacks except the dancing, and killing some other things that die fast, but for me they spawned way too far apart from each other, and killing the ones that explode they were not spawning near enough to the ones they killed so I had to use that dance move 6 times with its nice long CD... (hope that made sense)

If it helps, Encore resets the needless CD of that Dance skill. Though even so, that's still a good 3-5 minute cooldown to wait on
  • dra011dra011

yeah i was with a friend we killed one dragon it came back and we just went screw it not worth it and left.

The spirits that are immune to all attacks hmm do you mean the wisp things i could kill them fine with just a sword i didn't use the dance what difficultly was you doing it on?
    But yeah the dances CD could be made a tad shorter also yeah i understand not wanting to do it more then once.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Notice that the Lungfish at pre-midboss have different colors.

Notice that the wisp-like enemies drop different colored sword of spite.

The sword's description says that you should attack the fish with similarly colored swords.
  • MoonkaMoonka
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    My guild ran sorrow hm blindly, we were stuck at the 4 dragons for a good hour. it was rough, but fun. I enjoy running basic, and i think the echostone system is fun.

however, curiosity is completely glitched for both myself and my bf. the floor disappears making navigating impossible. anyone else have this issue?
  • lidiyalidiya
    dra011 wrote: »

yeah i was with a friend we killed one dragon it came back and we just went screw it not worth it and left.

The spirits that are immune to all attacks hmm do you mean the wisp things i could kill them fine with just a sword i didn't use the dance what difficultly was you doing it on?
    But yeah the dances CD could be made a tad shorter also yeah i understand not wanting to do it more then once.

did it on the lowest difficulty as I was solo, and had no idea what to expect.
    As for the immune ones they were explosive, and dropped nothing. had to kill the lungfish which exploded to hurt them.
    To do the dragons solo I ended up after the one ressed I dropped one to 20% health, broke aggro, and wailed on the other with FH, and teleported to the 1st to finish it off.
    Even on the lowest difficulty those dragons hit like a ton of bricks 2 of its hits(not sure what skill it used) were able to kill my soul linked lev 200 scooter imp
  • ShardisShardis
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Moonka wrote: »
    My guild ran sorrow hm blindly, we were stuck at the 4 dragons for a good hour. it was rough, but fun. I enjoy running basic, and i think the echostone system is fun.

however, curiosity is completely glitched for both myself and my bf. the floor disappears making navigating impossible. anyone else have this issue?

I've been experiencing the same thing, and ground targeting skills don't seem to work right when this happens. I hope this gets fixed soon, it makes running the dungeon as a warrior hard, because windmill won't work.
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    The dragon are the true boss of the dungeon... Actual boss is so easy, just a sac of hp.
  • lidiyalidiya
    ROan2011 wrote: »
    The dragon are the true boss of the dungeon... Actual boss is so easy, just a sac of hp.

kinda how I felt the boss does have that one attack though that can do a lot of damage, but once you are wailing on her she doesn't seem to do it, or I dunno if she just can't hit you at close range with it.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited June 15, 2017
    I hate the place already.
    I think I'll just forget these echostones exist if this is what I have to go through on a regular basis to keep them active.
    courtneyyKimberlyMierin
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    The story was a letdown, and the dungeon is not something I see myself doing ever again. Went ahead and dropped my echostones on the floor, it's obvious upgrading them is going to be a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long grind.
    courtneyy
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited June 15, 2017
    Soloing this dungeon is a bad idea.

There's no reason to not assemble a group of 6 to take on the dungeon.

Even if you're strong enough to do it, it's just more of a strain on your time, durability, and patience.

I went into Sorrow Advanced with a full party, and it went by super quickly.
    Also, there is a real big jump in difficulty from Int to Advanced!

Fear's still my favorite.
    The boss feels less tanky in that version.
    Imaizumi
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    The story was a letdown, and the dungeon is not something I see myself doing ever again. Went ahead and dropped my echostones on the floor, it's obvious upgrading them is going to be a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long grind.

It's pretty much another Alban Knights Emblem system. If you're strong enough to not have trouble getting it, you're strong enough to not need it.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I'm gonna sit this one out as well. Maybe if I'm on a long vacation I'll solo it a few times for personal achievement.