Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elf Males Character Model Broken (Neck)

DaktaroDaktaro
Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
in Bugs and Glitches
a) What is the issue? (It may also be necessary to explain Why it is considered an issue.)
the necks on all elf male characters are not connected properly to the body and so when wearing certain outfits that don't cover it, the neck sticks through. some show it worse than others.

b) What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue?
i have found it's most noticeable when wearing Old Saint Nick Outfit, Devil Costume and Count Cookie Suit. equip any of these outfits on elf male. viewing the character performing idle animations and rotating the camera to different angles will allow you to see the glitch more clearly.

c) What do you expect to happen instead?
the neck on elf males should be attached to the body like on human male characters - see visual evidence section.

Visual Evidence:
View from the back:
it's hard to tell but if you look closely can see the same thing is actually happening on 11y/o and 25y/o elf, the clothing on the 25y/o covers it better though.
View from the front:
View on a human (how it should be):
List of outfits that show the issue so far:
Old Saint Nick Outfit (M)
Count Cookie Suit (M)
Devil Costume (M)
Battleborn Outfit (M)
Ghostly Eastern Vampire Outfit (M)

Link to thread in old forums with background info.

IGN: Daktaro
Server: Alexina

Comments

• rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    I blame the low polygon models O _ O
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    Wow I didn't notice these on some of them, the only one I knew that had bad neck physics was the Old Saint Nick outfit. Hope they can fix this though since it looks weird.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    rainLOVE
    rainLOVE said:

I blame the low polygon models O _ O
    ye.. i'd blame that too except for the fact that this only happens on elves and the human model is fine :c
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    edited December 22, 2016
    There are a lot of things wrong with the way Mabinogi handles models xD Doubt any of them will get fixed tbh. Not properly sized chairs, clothes glitching through body parts or stretching textures, and (my most hated one) bolts not lining up on Arbalests and many more.
    pawcalypse
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Zincathon
    Zincathon said:

There are a lot of things wrong with the way Mabinogi handles models xD Doubt any of them will get fixed tbh. Not properly sized chairs, clothes glitching through body parts or stretching textures, and (my most hated one) bolts not lining up on Arbalests and many more.
    i know right T v T to add to your list, feet going through skateboards/snowboards and microphone missing the mouth or going into your face when you sing.

the issue i have brought up in this thread though i feel is a bit different and has more grounds to be fixed since elf and human models are very similar. why is the neck not breaking on a human but on an elf it becomes detached from the rest of the body and sticks outward. that is too weird to just dismiss it. plus with the old saint nick outfit especially, it looks terrible. you can't wear that outfit without noticing the neck is grossly sticking out.

modeling related bugs do get fixed occasionally though. for an example i posted about a hole in the tybalt wig model back in 2015 and it got forwarded and fixed :D
    same with the sea bream robe, the spines weren't showing on the hood for human/elf/giant male characters so i posted and it got forwarded and fixed too.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    edited December 23, 2016
    oh my goodness!!!! i was going through my dressing room again trying to find a more christmasy outfit and put on old saint nick just to see...
    scared of speaking too soon but i believe it may have been ninja fixed Q-Q it's a christmas miracle
    [Link would be here to image but not working atm]
    the back part is still broken (seen on devil suit and count cookie etc) but at least old saint nick seems to be fixed and elves can wear it nicely for christmas! yaaaay!
    KororeKtty