Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So the new dungeon.

Comments

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    FINALLY A DUNGEON WITHOUT BORING WAAAAAAAAAAAALLS!!!!

I thought I wasn't going to be impressed and I thought I was going to be bored, but with a full party it's pretty neat!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I really enjoy it. The dungeon is beautiful and especially the music. The dragon bosses are really tough too, but my friend and I can defeat the dungeon on Basic. x.x
    TheNyanCat
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Trythis wrote: »
    watercat0 wrote: »
    this dungeon sucks, the enemy npcs are nothing but copy and paste from older generations, unexplainable stuff about how to kill them, easy kill if you are overlevel, and very less content added to it. The only new thing was Nna, boss and dungeon, they did not put any effort on this content i could make the same map, npc and boss within a month or so. This content that we were waiting for a whole year wasn't worth it.

Won't lie ill agree with you on most of this but don't say things like "...content i could make the same map, npc and boss within a month or so...". Don't talk big if you can't prove it.

it literally just a open map with water, cube models that have texture, one npc and one boss. anyone can make this!
    SylviaWolfe
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Maybe it's because I've only run it a few times but I'm already pretty tired of it. It sure is pretty and I like the boss design but man does it get old and feel slow after a few runs. And I generally enjoy a grind to a certain extend. I'm glad I'm not the only one to be pretty over it already.
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Beginner gives 650k exp, and 6 people are allowed, any easier would be a powerlevel galore.
  • SawaSawa
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    The impressive part of this dugeon, IMO, is how lag free it is..being all fancy-looking an all.
    Time to make all of mabi like this :D? lol
    Negumiko
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    this dungeon sucks, the enemy npcs are nothing but copy and paste from older generations, unexplainable stuff about how to kill them, easy kill if you are overlevel, and very less content added to it. The only new thing was Nna, boss and dungeon, they did not put any effort on this content i could make the same map, npc and boss within a month or so. This content that we were waiting for a whole year wasn't worth it.

Won't lie ill agree with you on most of this but don't say things like "...content i could make the same map, npc and boss within a month or so...". Don't talk big if you can't prove it.

it literally just a open map with water, cube models that have texture, one npc and one boss. anyone can make this!

Effort isn't always indicative of quality, and less of creativity.

That being said, the dungeon is a bit overhyped, I admit.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    edited June 17, 2017
    I really enjoyed going through a cutscene on the dragons to find myself dead because they already fireballed and meteor'd me to death

Having to blow up fishes to kill slimes when the slimes sometimes spawn way out away from them is fun, too !

Just feels like another new thing people will enjoy for a week then ignore except for the few more advanced players.
    courtneyy
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    looks nice and it's a bit of a change of pace, but getting a party together is kinda a pain sometimes and it seems like if you don't do it right the dungeon decides not to give you a reward... so ya.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855

Again its very easy to make these models, Enn doesn't have any large chest (nao size chough) or hair, clothing is very simple:
    C0SO-V5UAAEkBnZ.jpg

very few animation detail, cutscenes were done in 2D rarely in 3D and the map is just cubes with 2 textures added with common npc/items you will find.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Again its very easy to make these models, Enn doesn't have any large chest (nao size chough) or hair, clothing is very simple:
    C0SO-V5UAAEkBnZ.jpg

very few animation detail, cutscenes were done in 2D rarely in 3D and the map is just cubes with 2 textures added with common npc/items you will find.

I agree, but your statement does not always hold water. Effort can be given and still end up in failure, people can do things effortlessly and succeed.

I enjoyed the black cutscenes in terms of representation, and I find the more audacious routes to facilitate what is happening in a fictional "flashback" to be a bit overwhelming and usually improper anyway.

I don't not agree with you, but I just dislike the reasoning, but I was groggy and nitpicky at the time.
    TheNyanCat[Deleted User]
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    being overhyped about videogames is our own fault at this point.
    remember all the fascinating metastories around MGSV as opposed to what we really got?
    remember that one early access (roguelite/open world/procedural generated etc) failure of your choice? Hundreds of them
    This content that we were waiting for a whole year wasn't worth it.
    but one thing if the mistake is of the advertisement team, like with mgs, and another, if you make this to yourself voluntarily
    just don't :'(
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I like everything about this new dungeon. Why complain about it? First, you guys cry about that there's no new dungeons and/or content in this game and now you are crying that the dungeon is made "poorly" and with "no effort". Come on... It's your own fault if you get too overhyped over a game. This is why i stopped getting excited over things in my life, because i might get really disappointed afterwards. Anyway, even if dungeon looks a bit simple in some places, but is not that simple to clear it actually. Plus, NPC is super cute, i want her hair and outfit <3 Also i noticed that she is indeed flat-chested :D
    NegumikoRadiant DawnKokoroZairak[Deleted User]
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Sawa wrote: »
    The impressive part of this dugeon, IMO, is how lag free it is..being all fancy-looking an all.
    Time to make all of mabi like this :D? lol

almost no lag is one of the best things about this dungeon. it looks beautiful and runs smooth. shadow missions almost always lag a little more then everywhere else. nice to see content that is almost completely lag free so we can focus on fighting and enjoy the scenery of this new dungeon.
    Greta wrote: »
    I like everything about this new dungeon. Why complain about it? First, you guys cry about that there's no new dungeons and/or content in this game and now you are crying that the dungeon is made "poorly" and with "no effort". Come on... It's your own fault if you get too overhyped over a game. This is why i stopped getting excited over things in my life, because i might get really disappointed afterwards. Anyway, even if dungeon looks a bit simple in some places, but is not that simple to clear it actually. Plus, NPC is super cute, i want her hair and outfit <3 Also i noticed that she is indeed flat-chested :D

agreed, it is better then nothing. story may have been short but it was well done and we might see how the story continues in later updates or events. the npc is adorable and very interesting, if you talk to her with some keywords she actually has a few interesting responses. this update is exactly what I was expecting and more. just a new dungeon with some cool story. expecting it to be as long and detailed as a main story generation quest line is just silly.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 19, 2017
    Tsumikki wrote: »
    Beginner gives 650k exp, and 6 people are allowed, any easier would be a powerlevel galore.

Advanced gives 2m exp. Thanks to that i easily went up over 120lvl now. Also advanced dungeon can be really easy if all 6 players are at least 10k total level and everyone knows what needs to be done in there. Really efficient way to kill Bone Dragons is chain cast Firebolt spam every one of them and it's easy to kill boss if everyone decides to give different debuffs on her + brio her. I think one run would have took only like 15-20 minutes to us then, which is really nice.
    Too bad that last 2 days i have been finding parties of like mostly 4-6k total level players and some of them didn't even know what to do in that dungeon, but already decided to go to Advanced dungeon. Sigh lol.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    [quote="Greta;40535" Plus, NPC is super cute, i want her hair and outfit <3[/quote]

well you are in luck as the gacha that i assume is the coming out soon has three different versions of enn's outfit or at least the kr one did i saw a thread with a link to the kr mabi site and it had list of items but i don't remember what thread it in was sorry.
  • ZianthraZianthra
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    edited June 19, 2017
    Tried it only to find this dungeon is horrendously solo unfriendly which isn't good to someone like me who has the multiplayer curse. I can't organize multiplayer anything. Fate always intervenes. I try to get friends on, they're never around when needed. I join guilds, they die on me. Try to find pickups, no bites.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Is it bad I can't stand Enn's outfit? :v
  • ZianthraZianthra
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    Tried again on the easiest difficulty. Mobs do nothing to me, bosses insta gib me before I can do anything. Balance?
    AeolysTentacleBlissfulkill
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Zianthra wrote: »
    Tried again on the easiest difficulty. Mobs do nothing to me, bosses insta gib me before I can do anything. Balance?

balance this is mabi when has it ever been balanced.
    XiokunAeolysTairiku[Deleted User]