Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So the new dungeon.

Comments

• KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    One other thing I don't really like is how the bosses are able to attack you while you are loading into the boss room. My laptop isn't very powerful so it takes a good couple of seconds to load in the boss cutscene in which time guarantees me being hit by the long range water attack which reduces def and prot.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Y'know that saying "It takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch"? The dragons are the rotten apple. The dungeon would be palpable if they weren't advanced-heavy-stander, multiaggro, chaincasting-fireballs, petrification-of-sitting-duck-breath, mauling-of-maiming and tank, and y'know what, the dungeon would have been actually be great.

I can get by with the no-walls thing and open map-ness; it gives the dungeon character (both positive and negative). Like how shadow missions are a step up from flat-floored grid dungeons before them. Then put up a wall around you and two to four dragons and we're having problems. The dragons are just all bad.

It's because of those cheaty bone dragons, and the last boss having such an absurd amount of HP (seriously, it took myself and five of my guild members like 40 minutes of wailing on it between dodging attacks to finally kill it on Advanced, it must have had over 10 million HP), that I've sworn my undying hatred of the place and vowed to never set foot in it again. It's not worth the effort.
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Y'know that saying "It takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch"? The dragons are the rotten apple. The dungeon would be palpable if they weren't advanced-heavy-stander, multiaggro, chaincasting-fireballs, petrification-of-sitting-duck-breath, mauling-of-maiming and tank, and y'know what, the dungeon would have been actually be great.

I can get by with the no-walls thing and open map-ness; it gives the dungeon character (both positive and negative). Like how shadow missions are a step up from flat-floored grid dungeons before them. Then put up a wall around you and two to four dragons and we're having problems. The dragons are just all bad.

I definitely agree with you on that.
    This dungeon would be my go-to for both fun and character growth, if it weren't for the dragons.

The way Nexon seems to be annoyed by the very basis of the combat system they themselves developed has always confused me.
    They did their job well in building a combat system that revolves around strategy; the toughest enemies and battles had mechanics the players could manipulate and use their brains to work around. Though, the inherent flaw in this system is that often times the best strategy is the ONLY one. Whether that be the only one other players will tolerate you using, or the only one to make whatever you're doing efficient enough to be worth the effort (which is another year-long thread I could make; the ridiculously inconsistent effort/reward ratios in Mabi).
    Then, instead of coming up with some way to make players think harder or better to beat new content, Nexon seems to have almost... given up on it. So much so that they seem to have decided that the only way to stop people from efficiently tackling challenges is to take away their ability to attack things strategically at all.
    In effect, they got upset you were beating their AI at chess so well that now they only give you pawns in a straight line to play with.

For me, this all seems to have come to a head with these dragons...
    Manipulating aggro distance doesn't matter when you're locked in an arena.
    Using stuns doesn't matter when they have advanced heavy stander.
    Being aware of their attack moves doesn't matter when you can't play around them.
    Overcoming their AI doesn't matter when they multiaggro.
    Zerging won't work when they're protection-defended meat sacks... made of bones.
    And, most of all...
    Thinking strategically doesn't matter one itty bit when they attack you during the darned cutscene.

TL;DR I'm not a fan of content where the only avenue of approach is to have a stack of nao crystals and a CC firewand.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Grea wrote: »
    Don't forget that since they just aggro right after spawning, and they spawn before that cutscene showing them spawning, they are more than likely attacking you before you force exit that cutscene to act.

After running some Sidhe dungeons last night... I can confirm that they do indeed spawn right before the cutscene and they may try to attack you while you're trying to end the cutscene to get ready to fight those... just why, DevCat?!
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I hate this dungeon with passion. I'm usually determined to do a daily event every day since I have plenty of time to play now but I skipped some days because I just can't... and I'm doing it on the lowest difficulty too. The ability to choose to choose the difficulty is the only good thing about the dungeon.

Can't wait for the daily AP event to be over so I don't have any reason to run this dungeon ever again.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited July 4, 2017
    This is one of the stupidest/cry-baby topics i have seen so far this year, go get some levels, the boss is not hard to kill as a long ppl know what to do, a friend can solo it without much problems and he is not even 2k total, plus rng is not involved on the fights so is totally fair .
    Yurei
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Pannya wrote: »
    This is one of the stupidest/cry-baby topics i have seen so far this year, go get some levels, the boss is not hard to kill as a long ppl know what to do, a friend can solo it without much problems and he is not even 2k total, plus rng is not involved on the fights so is totally fair .

Being able to complete the dungeon and being able to complete the dungeon in a timely manner are two entirely different things.
    XiokunIyasenuShouKTairiku
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Zeo wrote: »
    Grea wrote: »
    Don't forget that since they just aggro right after spawning, and they spawn before that cutscene showing them spawning, they are more than likely attacking you before you force exit that cutscene to act.

After running some Sidhe dungeons last night... I can confirm that they do indeed spawn right before the cutscene and they may try to attack you while you're trying to end the cutscene to get ready to fight those... just why, DevCat?!

yup... and you cant skip the cutscene for a few seconds so you're pretty likely to get hit by something while you load in
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    yup... and you cant skip the cutscene for a few seconds so you're pretty likely to get hit by something while you load in

You can sort of save yourself by using Crisis Escape or Play Dead before having a pet kill the final lungfish, but that's likely to fail since the fish explodes on death and can knock you out of either skill. Your best bet is to activate mana shield, load up defense, and pray that you don't get multi-targeted too much before you can skip out of the cutscene.