Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is it just me, or....?

SnormieSnormie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
in General Chat
Seriously, is it just me or do these events we have been getting lately pretty much s u ck completely??

Different colored sheep? Seriously.. Come on..... It's bad enough hearing the sheep Baaaa baaa all the time and it gets super annoying real quick, now we're going to see a bunch of them running around and in different colors??... Sigh just friggin sigh.

Pinocchio Spectacles??? Lets be real, it's dead content, just like the watermelon event we had where you could summon 2 watermelons that rolled around, completely useless and boring. I bet they cant even be dyed.

Is it too much to ask for fun, useful stuff please?

I hope the gacha doesn't at least blow like the last one, I'd like to make some money or useful items that I could use.
KimberlyTairiku

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I am kind of underwhelmed too, being accustomed to some aesthetically pleasing prizes, but the Deian Training Seals (5) seem to be incentive enough, however boring it is.

I also wonder the incentives for ranking.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited June 22, 2017
    Good... Good...
    Let the hate flow through you...

Seriously though, you're right. We should be getting top quality contents regularly with an active staff. Why can't Mabinogi NA be more like Mabinogi EU? #sarcasm

It's a game! NOTHING is useful. You play it for fun! These events are for if you find them fun. This is your hobby, not your job! If you don't like the event then don't do it. It's better than nothing, right? You want the staff to work more on events more often? It IS there job and what they do isn't easy! [insert rest of rant here]
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'm legit hyped to collect the transformation and wolf titles
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I'm surprised you guys haven't noticed the free bugles.
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I honestly miss the prizes we used to get. I keep looking forward to events, hoping to see something new and interesting in the rewards, but I've been continually disappointed lately. I'm not asking for wings or gacha stuff, I just miss AP pots and event-specific rewards. Remember that snowball event when they released the ice/bat/pumpkin/ogre crowns? That was awesome. It was something new, and at the time, the ONLY way to get it was as a rare reward from the event. Fleta's shaved ice, we'd get the dance gesture coupon and the Style clothes. Fun, new things that people actually wanted, but you couldn't get from anywhere else. Homestead fishing event was fun, too.
    No one wants spectacles (or any other equipment for that matter) that makes them look ridiculous...and the sheep are kinda cute I guess, but very pointless, especially considering I hardly use transformation. Why would I want one, again?

Events should be something you want to take advantage of, otherwise you'd miss something really helpful or unique; but lately they just seem like they're giving you something else to do if you're bored.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I would rather have one of those shiny toilets in the gacha as an event prize... I just wanna sit in public and do my business on a big shiny toilet right smack dab in dunbarton and have no one be able to tell me otherwise.
    And by business I meant read the newspaper. What were you thinking?

But hey! It's not THAT bad. I like my skill training seals.
    AeolysAlmostNotsuper
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    edited June 22, 2017
    Lokitin wrote: »
    No one wants spectacles (or any other equipment for that matter) that makes them look ridiculous...and the sheep are kinda cute I guess, but very pointless, especially considering I hardly use transformation. Why would I want one, again?

Events should be something you want to take advantage of, otherwise you'd miss something really helpful or unique; but lately they just seem like they're giving you something else to do if you're bored.

I'm usually on the other side of this argument, but I actually kinda like silly stuff like those spectacles, that bald cap, etc. Edit: Note that I say this without having seen how much effort I have to put into the event yet. I like things like this, but it still may not be worth my time. We'll see. =T

What did you expect? They're going to run out of ideas and start pumping out a ton of crap eventually, if they have to keep throwing out events every week or two. I'm surprised it took people this long to notice.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited June 22, 2017
    Policroma wrote: »
    I'm surprised you guys haven't noticed the free bugles.

The Bugle spam is absolutely ANNOYING.
    Why did they think that was a good idea to hand out as a prize??? :|
    I guess you could say this Deian Sheep Event is a....baaaaaa-d event. :p
    AeolysIyasenuKingEphyFruitcakke
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    A fun minigame and (10exp) training seals?
    What more could i want? Maybe to have more interactive mini games or event like this one.
    Aeolys
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    edited June 22, 2017
    a lot of these events are mostly for the people who likes to collect EVERYTHING. sorta like an achievement/collection thing.

I used to be that kind of person too but thankfully I got out of it in the recent years. Just looking at all the past event titles I don't even bother using really drives my motivation up there. (maybe if they added cute/fun effects like the Halloween/heartbreaker titles id probably get on it)
    I am kind of underwhelmed too, being accustomed to some aesthetically pleasing prizes, but the Deian Training Seals (5) seem to be incentive enough,

tbh you can afk on your alts for the 25 Training Seals from the bonus time event and drag it though the bank to your main character.... plus with AP training Deian Training Seals (5) is lackluster compared to it imho
    edited June 22, 2017
    a lot of these events are mostly for the people who likes to collect EVERYTHING. sorta like an achievement/collection thing.

I used to be that kind of person too but thankfully I got out of it in the recent years. Just looking at all the past event titles I don't even bother using really drives my motivation up there. (maybe if they added cute/fun effects like the Halloween/heartbreaker titles id probably get on it)
    I am kind of underwhelmed too, being accustomed to some aesthetically pleasing prizes, but the Deian Training Seals (5) seem to be incentive enough,

tbh you can afk on your alts for the 25 Training Seals from the bonus time event and drag it though the bank to your main character.... plus with AP training Deian Training Seals (5) is lackluster compared to it imho

Well, it is 10 exp, not 5, so it is my misunderstanding though. That being said, the event doesn't take that long to do on any alt as well, considering that the wolves don't seem to attack anyway, and requires 5 Wool or Furs to complete the quest. In any case, I thought of using this further AP trainable skills like Crisis Escape, which has loads of counts, but has a low AP training cost. Just need to get it to 30.

Not sure where the "this or that" aspect comes from, considering you need to afk several hours for the seals, versus the wolves appearing every 36 minutes, and the requirement to click to receive the item in the first place.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited June 22, 2017
    If you're unhappy with this event, give an example of the ideal event you want. I hear complaints and "I want fun" so I am curious if there is an ideal event in mind. The only rule is that it must be implementable with Mabinogi's capabilities and it doesn't segregate players from participation by level, race, etc.

Edit: I'm going to start a new discussion about it.
    Xiokun
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    The spectacles can be dyed, the wood and the leaves. The frames themselves are black I believe and can't be dyed (I remember them talking about it in the stream.)

I don't think I'm going to attempt the event but I think the prizes are cute, but I agree overall the prizes for the events we're having in general are underwhelming. I liked getting the second title for Memento, but the collection event doesn't have any prizes I'm interested in, neither does the sheep event. I mean, I get adding in some more relaxed events, especially for players who aren't strong enough to run the new dungeon, they need something to do too (and I say this as someone who ran only the beginning of the dungeon and quit because it was too hard for me lol.) But I wish we'd gotten something more interesting to do as well.

Tbh I really hope we get the point collection event soon, that has the new wigs and outfits and whatever.
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    edited June 22, 2017

Well, it is 10 exp, not 5, so it is my misunderstanding though. That being said, the event doesn't take that long to do on any alt as well, considering that the wolves don't seem to attack anyway, and requires 5 Wool or Furs to complete the quest. In any case, I thought of using this further AP trainable skills like Crisis Escape, which has loads of counts, but has a low AP training cost. Just need to get it to 30.

Not sure where the "this or that" aspect comes from, considering you need to afk several hours for the seals, versus the wolves appearing every 36 minutes, and the requirement to click to receive the item in the first place.

I also misread and I thought the training seals came from the box instead of quest reward. But you can only do the event on one character since you have to choose a main character? idk I didn't do the event yet either

I just personally rather afk on alts while tabbing out of mabi doing other things and get all the rewards with each hour than spam this event for what ever it gives

edit: are you kidding me....is it really random from 5-10??
    34fa02fa36.png

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Ah...I'm sorry. I'm on the other end of the OP's argument ^ ^

..Uh...has anyone tried it yet? How hard is it to get the wolf titles not that I care or anything just curious ah ha ha

>///<
  • PandorafayhPandorafayh
    Mabinogi Rep: 630

..Uh...has anyone tried it yet? How hard is it to get the wolf titles not that I care or anything just curious ah ha ha

>///<

So i had achieved the wolf nibblet.... just got the waltzes with wolves.... only to notice that NOW my Wolf Nibblet title is GONE (and i've looked several times in my titles) SOOOOO- do we only get to keep the most current higher time title and it REPLACES the lower titles from this event?! cuz if that's the case then thats b.s!!!!!!! I been working hard to obtain the titles and I will be super ticked if all that happens is the next title up replaces the lower one!!! IS this happening to anyone else?
    WolfandWolf
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I think the event is fun and at least it is not a afk event and players actually have to go do something. the only thing I dislike about the event is we can only get one Deian's Bravado Box a day which means there is a very low chance of being able to collect all 9 sheep trans.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890

>///<

So i had achieved the wolf nibblet.... just got the waltzes with wolves.... only to notice that NOW my Wolf Nibblet title is GONE (and i've looked several times in my titles) SOOOOO- do we only get to keep the most current higher time title and it REPLACES the lower titles from this event?! cuz if that's the case then thats b.s!!!!!!! I been working hard to obtain the titles and I will be super ticked if all that happens is the next title up replaces the lower one!!! IS this happening to anyone else?

I remember in the stream Nkeona had all the titles in hers... I would suggest contacting them about this, it doesn't sound right to me o.o
    WolfandWolf
  • PandorafayhPandorafayh
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    edited June 22, 2017

>///<

I remember in the stream Nkeona had all the titles in hers... I would suggest contacting them about this, it doesn't sound right to me o.o
    how should i go about contacting them???? In support/ bug forums or a support ticket? Yea i thought we got to keep them all so to have the one be gone and only have the waltzes with wolves, i'm pretty angry and not sure if this is a glitch or if anyone else is experiencing it....