Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

so i went on mabinogi kr site

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
in General Chat
why cant we have this ef6d66cb9b.jpg
ZeoSylviaWolfeCrimsọnnerrithpawcalypseRukiyaFloristVioletBoy

Comments

• ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I agree, especially about the coupons for both character and pets to change the name or to transfer to another server...
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited June 22, 2017
    No transfer for NA please.
    Either no transfer or combine altogether unless you want to see epic dead server for good.
    SebastianCarlizeTtheHeroSawa
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Either no transfer or combine altogether unless you want to see epic dead server for good.

i kind want to leave tarlach and go to alexina ty and money is money so if nexon can make money off it they can add if they want
    GretaZeoRukiya
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited June 22, 2017
    Yes to extra equipment slots, character name change, and pet/partner name change. No to the other two, simply because the people who want server merges will complain a whole lot more when people who actually buy NX v. those that don't leave their server and the demand for a merge becomes more prevalent. Plus it leaves a bad image for newcomers when they realize servers are dead (albeit, most already are, but now it'd be on a higher level).
  • EllisyaEllisya
    edited June 22, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »

i kind want to leave tarlach and go to alexina ty and money is money so if nexon can make money off it they can add if they want

Won't they(Nexon) waste more money on leaving empty server that uses resources for nothing and fixing epic laggy server to maintain? Only those people who can afford actual money will buy transfer anyways.
    SebastianZeoAeolysRukiya
  • ZeoZeo

I've seen more and more players ditch their main from the three original servers to join Alexina because well... three servers are only going to lose more players and players as they realize that having less players make Mabinogi less playable due to the social aspects plus less players to do stuffs such as raid... so if server merge isn't going to happen then obviously we'd have to resort to the next choice which is to provide us a way to do server transfer.

Good thing players (myself included) who have been vocal about server merge are in the majority now... you'd be pretty smart to actually want the server merge because it would be more beneficial to the game like Mabinogi in the current state.

Yes, it may not do much to resolve the issues regarding the population but at this point, it would be best to just have one server for everyone to play on instead of the four servers.
    GretaMhaol[Deleted User]Radiant DawnCrimsọnVioletBoy
  • SebastianSebastian
    Zeo wrote: »
    Good thing players (myself included) who have been vocal about server merge are in the majority now... you'd be pretty smart to actually want the server merge because it would be more beneficial to the game like Mabinogi in the current state.

It's still highly debatable. People don't want to lose their items or other character data, especially their names. I know a select few argued names aren't important, but to some people it is. A merge is also a sign of a dying game that's trying to extend its lifespan.

Plus more strain on a single server.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sebastian wrote: »
    It's still highly debatable. People don't want to lose their items or other character data, especially their names. .

Would you rather lose few items and name or lose this game entirely? I honestly think that it's dumb to avoid server merge just because of your silly nickname that may sound something like "Sweetneko666", "Maybinogi" or "Hamburgerqueen". It's just a name... o-o
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited June 22, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    It's still highly debatable. People don't want to lose their items or other character data, especially their names. .

Would you rather lose few items and name or lose this game entirely? I honestly think that it's dumb to avoid server merge just because of your silly nickname that may sound something like "Sweetneko666", "Maybinogi" or "Hamburgerqueen". It's just a name... o-o

Few items is an understatement. To some people, they'd dislike it enough to quit. Would you rather merge the servers and lose more of the population (losing the game entirely) or not fixing what's not broken? A merge would cause so many more issues than what we have now.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Greta wrote: »

"It's just a name" might be how you think, but many people but a lot of care into how they named themselves and their pets and taking that away from them just isn't fair to anyone at this point.
  • ZeoZeo

It's still highly debatable. People don't want to lose their items or other character data, especially their names. I know a select few argued names aren't important, but to some people it is. A merge is also a sign of a dying game that's trying to extend its lifespan.

I completely understand about the name issue so I don't blame you for that one.

And as for items and character data... unless the developers somehow screw it up in the process of server merge, you won't have to worry about losing some data on your character.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You dont lose items with a server merge. You lose items with the server merge coupons.

The server merge would let everyone play together while keeping their name according to other server merge threads.
    However you will have your current server attached somewhere around your name.

A server merge may suggest that the game is dying out. But would rather have the game be gone or have more players?
    You people cant seem to make up for minds.
  • BroochBrooch
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Personally I'm happy with my IGN choice, but I'd really like to see the option to change your name become available. I know the feeling of choosing a name you're not happy with. I'm sure it'll make Nexon a lot of money and a lot of players satisfied.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    A merge is also a sign of a dying game that's trying to extend its lifespan.

FINALLY, someone who gets it.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115

Wouldn't the solution simply be to merge it before it gets that bad?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    *squints* So if you have a lot of pets and wanted to switch servers....boy that's a lot of money. I'm assuming that is per pet.
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    edited June 22, 2017

There we go with the false no one wants to lose items and names argument. There has been a merge before, the solution to the problems were found, and the merge happened. Why do people assume we need a different solution to the ones already found? It's time to merge our servers, because I haven't been able to do crap on my server for the last year.The only reason I have stuck around is due to me grinding skills, and the market. Guess what? When people like me find that boring they'll leave since there are no people to do things with unless you have to get into someone's inner circle which can be very difficult to do.

Just recently I have found someone to run with, but he isn't running things all of the time. Which leaves me out in the wind since I don't have multiple partners to get passes to run things with. That's how these inner circles work. They have so many partners that they are able to supply their small circles with passes. But there are not enough circles for all the players, so they just decide to leave mabi since they can't get people to do things with.

If you keep voting against server merges the game's going to die, and all of those against a merge will be partially responsible. Until a merge happens communities need to try to be more acceptable, and agreeable with those who remain on the lesser servers.
  • EllisyaEllisya

Mabinogi KR server : Lolwhat
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    I would love for a merge, it would make events and so on much easier. When your in a server and you seen at most five players a day.. it gets boring quick. My opinion it is anyways.. If they merged though there really wouldnt be a loss.. it literally would be a merge, no harm at all- .. Ive had a few games where they went ahead and merged, I kept my name as well as all my stuff no issues at all. :o also merge isnt a dying game as much as its just a dying server itself.. Mabi isnt dying at all xD its just the servers..
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    And as for items and character data... unless the developers somehow screw it up in the process of server merge, you won't have to worry about losing some data on your character.

Oh boy do we know our current devs are capable.