Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

anyone else having 25+ second delays between doing

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
edited December 18, 2016 in Technical Support
followed by eventually disconnecting ?

i just rebooted both modem and pc

but im stilll laggy as

cant get the bard appreciation daily done because i dc every time i load into the math dungeon
  1. lagg6 votes
    1. yish
       67% (4 votes)
    2. ha ha, no
       33% (2 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 18, 2016
    Hey uh Microsoft really REALLY screwed up and they still haven't fixed it yet. Check your task manager, whats your disk usage percent at? Because if you disk is stuck between 90-100% you are affected and it will make you lag like hell.

I meant to post a thread about this but was unable to get around to it. Basically the last couple of windows 10 updates from Microsoft are designed to thrash your drive. I had to troubleshoot my computer all night a couple nights ago to get my disk usage back to normal.

Things that will help; make sure you have all your driver's updated - sound, network adapter, and graphics. You might have to go into device manager to tackle the network adapter. Next type in services.msc in your start area, disable superfetch and windows search - you don't need those. Then go into settings>system>notifications and actions - turn them all off. Go to settings>system>privacy>feedback & diagnostics - set it to never and then basic. One last important thing; you need to increase your paging file. Control panel>system and security>system>advanced system settings>advanced>settings>advanced>change... uncheck "automatically manage paging file size for all drives", select custom size and set your min and max to 3 times the amount of mb of ram you have (yes just make them the same amount each). Basically lets say you have 4gb well then you are going to want to set it to 12,000 each. Set, ok, apply, ok, reboot.

Disk usage should go back to close to normal.

Optional; you can also use powershell within windows 10 to manually uninstall unnecessary microsoft programs. But I am not going to post that all here. You can google the rest of the commands. Here is example of one:

get-appxpackage *xbox* | remove-appxpackage

Hit enter.

Let me know if that helps. It fixed my problem and helped out a few friends of mine. Sorry about the huge chunk of paragraph, if you have any questions about any of that, please let me know. I also just want to assure you that all of those adjustments will not harm your computer or operating system.
    Ayu[Deleted User]
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    my disc usage is at 0% ?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I'm not getting lag that bad but I've been getting network lag nonstop for a while now. So you're definitely not the only one having problems.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 19, 2016
    Splatulated

my disc usage is at 0% ?
    @Ktty @Splatulated
    If you have windows 10 do NOT update right now. However I will recommend you update your network adapter driver which for some reason doesn't update automatically. Go into device manager and update it. Reboot.
    [Deleted User]
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Hardmuscle

In Options, choose to "Hide Quest Info".. if you haven't done this already.

0% ..? ~ How big is this drive?
    idk ?
  • KttyKtty
    Gaea said:

@Ktty @Splatulated
    If you have windows 10 do NOT update right now. However I will recommend you update your network adapter driver which for some reason doesn't update automatically. Go into device manager and update it. Reboot.
    I'm on windows 7. I didn't bother with windows 10 because I knew it would mean problems and I'm glad I didn't. All I do is fix problems on win10 pc's for other people. And nope, never updating my wifi driver. Any change from the very specific driver version I have causes conflicts with mabi and constant crashing including BSOD.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 19, 2016
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Gaea said:

@Ktty @Splatulated
    I'm on windows 7. I didn't bother with windows 10 because I knew it would mean problems and I'm glad I didn't. All I do is fix problems on win10 pc's for other people. And nope, never updating my wifi driver. Any change from the very specific driver version I have causes conflicts with mabi and constant crashing including BSOD.
    Well the problem I kept running into with Windows 7 was that I was no longer receiving security updates and kept being harassed to update to Windows 10. Even though they are suppose to be supporting windows 7 for at least the next 5 years. That was a blatant lie. Because in order to get the security updates I ultimately had to upgrade.

Now that I am upgraded, I have to carefully research windows 10 updates before I update. Because this was not the last time Microsoft screwed up with Windows 10 updates. I would have to say this is their biggest mistake so far. People's harddrives are being turned into bricks right now and I am pretty damn sure Microsoft is not going to take any responsibility for all the damage they did.

They STILL have not released an update to fix what they have done to the disk usage! Unbelievable!

I am starting to wonder if what they did was intentional...
    [Deleted User]
  • KttyKtty
    Gaea said:

They STILL have not released an update to fix what they have done to the disk usage! Unbelievable!

I am starting to wonder if what they did was intentional...
    Windows = "Defective by design". Hence the reason I prefer Linux. Unfortunately many games I like can't be played on Linux so I keep windows on this PC.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You linux users are stubborn rebels. lol.
    [Deleted User]
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    edited December 19, 2016
    I have been getting massive lag/delays for the past 2 days im guessing it's a repeat of the Canadian isp issue.When that happened last time i chatted with live support they told me they were aware and it was being looked into and they fixed it.Now i feel like its happening again as once again no other services games etc are having this lag and delay beside mabi for me :(

Edit: Im guessing my first guess is wrong now because american players have been reporting lag as well
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Internet lag wouldn't be caused by a driver lmao. FPS lag and Internet lag are two very different things.

Anyways, this could be something as simple as restarting your router and modem. If that doesn't fix it, make sure your family/roomies aren't sucking up all the internet for themselves.

If it's ONLY Mabinogi getting the lag, then there's not much you can do about that. Check your MTU and make sure it's not some weird number that you possibly changed it to. Other than that you could try some GPNs if you wanted to. What the frog fast (google the first three letters of each word and then fast) is amazing with Mabi.
    Sephanle
  • KttyKtty
    Zincathon
    Zincathon said:

Internet lag wouldn't be caused by a driver lmao. .
    Ummmmm.... no one in this thread said that?
  • ZincathonZincathon
    edited December 22, 2016

A small detail, but one I caught nonetheless. Delay (in this context) would indicate internet based.
  • KttyKtty
    She still didn't sat that it was causing network lag but that the lag the OP may be experiencing may be from something else as many people who report lag in the forums usually attribute it to the network or the servers when in reality it's originating on their PC (or vice versa in some cases). @Gaea was only attempting to cover all bases for possible reasons that the OP was experiencing it and a solution to it if it was the case. That is all.
  • ZincathonZincathon
    That's why I only said two sentences about it and continued on with the purposeful part of my post lol.

Also I just remembered another possible solution, Depending on whether or not it is exclusively Mabinogi receiving the lag, you could do some internet speed tests (Google "speed test"). Choose a location close to Nexon headquarters and see what kind of speeds you have. It'll help determine if your internet is just sucky that day or not.
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    edited January 26, 2017
    I have done internet speed tests i have talked to my isp and as i said before i have talked to nexon when i was experiencing this problem before.It is not my internet/router etc it seems to happen randomly for me in ch1 and randomly on other channels on Alexina lately , so blame people's pc's and whatnot all u want but when i experienced this issue before it was a nexon issue. Anyways i am soo done with this Tech Support forum as the only ones that seem to respond to people problems don't seem to understand and choose to insta blame peoples pc's and internet!

And also my internet is just fine i have talked to my ISP i have literally like no problems and when i do its noticeable with all other internet based games and apps

Edit: Yay images are fixed ^^
    5904483649%201_zps41icpkl2.png

• KttyKtty
    Sorry you feel that way but no one was blaming anything in particular. the possibilities listed by different people are things to check because they are things that can cause different lag that results in what you had described. Unfortunately without being the one sitting at your PC it's not an easy thing to find the specific reason and correct it.
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    I understand and know u have helped many people I just personally am not gonna be searching for help here anymore it seems that the only thing that happens is the blame game so im good :P
  • ZincathonZincathon
    edited December 23, 2016
    Fairly sure you're misinterpreting what we we're saying. It's not a blame game, it's a "try this, maybe it'll fix it?" game. We don't know the exact problem, so it could be anything. In order to attempt to fix the problem, things must be tested. I can't speak for Alexina, but there have been no lag problems on Tarlach for the past few days. That is pretty much all I can provide right now. If you want more help I'll be glad to respond with more advice.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 23, 2016
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

She still didn't sat that it was causing network lag but that the lag the OP may be experiencing may be from something else as many people who report lag in the forums usually attribute it to the network or the servers when in reality it's originating on their PC (or vice versa in some cases). @Gaea was only attempting to cover all bases for possible reasons that the OP was experiencing it and a solution to it if it was the case. That is all.

That is correct, just a bunch of adjustments to relieve stress on the computer because of the recent windows 10 update. I want to point out that after I did all that to both my laptop and pc I stopped lagging horrendously. So something in that huge list of things stopped the problem for me and for also some of my friends who were experiencing similar issues.

But ultimately through all my tweaking I have high suspicion that it was the feedback & diagnostics constantly reporting in the background that was using all the disk usage. When the disk usage is at %100 it will crash programs and/or cause extreme lag/loss of fps.

Sometimes it's not just the isp or network that is the problem.

@MirralChan No one is doing the blame game, there is a process of elimination that has to be done with technical support. The troubleshooting you have done is the tip of the iceberg.

I know some people are sensitive about their computers and internet, based on their finances and location - it can be frustrating. But adjustments can be made to improve experiences especially when we users are constantly battling against conflicting changes made in systems.

Please try some of my suggestions on the first page. If that doesn't work we can investigate further.
    [Deleted User]