Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So this has been bothering me for a long time.

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited December 23, 2016 in General Chat
Tall grass, such as the fields in the Tir Chonail graveyard or the pastures outside dunbarton don't seem to "appear" for me. I don't know if anyone else has this happen to them, but it has been happening for years for me. The way it's suppose to work is that tall grass would generally appear as you get close to zones that have them appear.

http://i.imgur.com/qBEofwD.jpg

Do I have an option turned off, or Is this just a bug that's been lingering since 2013?

Comments

• ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I think it also depends on the angle you look at the grass? But I have been encountering this semi-randomly, just that I stopped paying attention to it.
  • ReintsReints
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Imaizumi
    Imaizumi said:

I think it also depends on the angle you look at the grass? But I have been encountering this semi-randomly, just that I stopped paying attention to it.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's angle-dependent.

It happens in Dunbarton's fields for me, as well.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited December 23, 2016
    Yeah I've wondered about that ever since I started way back when.

It was never changed, so I guess it's supposed to look wonky like that..
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    It looks kinda cool so I've been thinking it's an intended feature.
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    I always thought it was me when I see that happen, but I guess not.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    When I get base herbs it's usually outside Ciar dungeon and yeah sometimes the grass spawns and sometimes it doesn't :\
    Always been like that as far as I can remember too. Weird.
    Could it be lag/delay on loading in and then the grass just never loads? Idek.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    (As stated) I think it's either the camera angle or just if the grass wants to load or not.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Yes, that's definitely been glitchy like that for a long, long, long, long, long time. It will render when (or if) it feels like it. Such a diva attitude.
    Sherri[Deleted User]
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Could also possibly be "Mini Effects".
    pawcalypse
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    The grass usually just stays like that for a few minutes before appearing for me.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I have to agree with the camera angle. It does that for me at certain angles too, or sometimes just stays gone no matter what angle I try, probably a rendering error.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    My suspicion on the grass is that there's a "radius" around the camera which determines how much tall grass is displayed by where you are at.

Problem is, most of us zoom our cameras out. So most of us hardly see that grass anymore. :(
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited December 23, 2016
    For me, sometimes when I am on top of the green patch, it takes a minute or so for it to appear, and when it does, it all pops up at once.