Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Last Post Wins

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    That's not how you do it rat. image
  • lethalviruslethalvirus
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,720
    edited December 23, 2016
    The new rules where you cannot talk about things like politics or news is kinda too strict, you should be able to talk about it without breaking any actual rule like insulting someone, provoking someone, posting innap content, posting offensive content, disrespecting a person's beliefs, etc.

Politics and news has been keeping town square alive lately without them town square and the people who visit it will fade away.

CrimsọnYuoichi
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    edited December 23, 2016
    lethalvirus

- The new rules where you cannot talk about things like politics or news is kinda too strict, you should be able to talk about it without breaking any actual rule like insulting someone, provoking someone, posting innap content, posting offensive content, disrespecting a person's beliefs, etc.

Politics and news has been keeping town square alive lately without them town square and the people who visit it will fade away.

--------
    I have yet to see it posted in a way where it didn't insult or provoke others. I mean at least in terms of politics. Other types of news however seems fine, though.
    Also this is not a new rule, we were just really loose with it in the last forums since we had let someone run around with a tinfoil hat for a while due to no one taking most of those threads or the person seriously. So it was hard to enforce when players actually started posting more serious topics.
    However these types of topics are really not something to discuss on a game's forum, and there are plenty of other things players can post in an offtopic section.
    Yuoichi
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    I think they added the rule for the same reasons they don't allow flame baiting. They just don't want any chance of a **** storm popping up.

Though you're not the only one who thinks it's a bit overkill, in my eyes it's like a over protective parent not allowing their kids to go outside out of fear if something happening.
    lethalvirusYuoichi
  • thebrainthebrain
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,570
    edited December 23, 2016
    for those who don't know, basically nexon wants a talk about mabi and general talk ( very limited ) when all the rules are enforced. fine by me. I just move out.

you won't be able to talk about your game cat.
    nor can we link to other games, news, promotions, whatever else.

mabi and general talk or you will have mods doing circles with you.
    Yuoichi
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    @Dealer

That shade. I love it.
    Yuoichi
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    first
    Yuoichi
  • thebrainthebrain
    edited December 23, 2016
    x mas and boxing week is here. anyone done shopping or planning to shop?

edit: looks like Canada's regulatory body said that all Canadians are going to get broadband, 50 up 10 down. This will take years to implement though because goveronment and their ultra slow speed at doing anything.

I'm sure this is not Controversial and Terms of Use-breaking (hacking, glitching, account trading, private servers, etc.).

I can't take it anymore. in my mind, anything can be Controversial if you think it in a Controversial way and I am not pming a mod each time i want to post something.

endie where are you? want to pick another forum to roam on or skype?

edit: oh it is a goal and nothing else. they are pushing hard though to get this for everyone.

edit: dealer's quote " I have yet to see it posted in a way where it didn't insult or provoke others. I mean at least in terms of politics. Other types of news however seems fine, though.
    Also this is not a new rule, we were just really loose with it in the last forums since we had let someone run around with a tinfoil hat for a while due to no one taking most of those threads or the person seriously. So it was hard to enforce when players actually started posting more serious topics.
    However these types of topics are really not something to discuss on a game's forum, and there are plenty of other things players can post in an offtopic section. "

politics is where people have discussion and argue about things. that is what u meant by provoke. that is how both sides can be viewed and talked about and sometimes solved. that is how the goveronment runs. for those who insult though, i do agree to ban them. sometimes people get out of control in arguments and call name even when the OP never indeed it to do so.

" However these types of topics are really not something to discuss on a game's forum, and there are plenty of other things players can post in an offtopic section. "

not when mods enforce these VERY strict rules. maybe you guys are interpreting it wrong but whatever. you guys run the forums not me.
    Yuoichi
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    thebrain
    thebrain said:

for those who don't know, basically nexon wants a talk about mabi and general talk ( very limited ) when all the rules are enforced. fine by me. I just move out.

you won't be able to talk about your game cat.
    nor can we link to other games, news, promotions, whatever else.

mabi and general talk or you will have mods doing circles with you.
    I like how the one who just got lectured by the mods for stepping on the rules is giving me a lecture on said rules.
    Yuoichi
  • thebrainthebrain
    edited December 23, 2016
    TheNyanCat's quote: " I like how the one who just got lectured by the mods for stepping on the rules is giving me a lecture on said rules. "

-Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums.

mods see how these rules can apply to pretty much anything? or I could think it as a friendly chat.

edit: I think this is why majoirty of players got banned on the old forum.
    Yuoichi
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Uh.. well.. things escalated quickly..
    So I can't say 'Daddy Russia loves us all'? :(
    Yuoichi
  • thebrainthebrain
    edited December 23, 2016
    edit: I think it is safe. you will know by tmr if you can still post.
    SherriYuoichi
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 23, 2016
    LOL ok.
    I hope mentioning countries in general is allowed.

*inb4 invisible ban hammer of justice and explosions
    Yuoichi
  • thebrainthebrain
    aight I'm off to skype. just redownloaded it. I don't need mods running laps around me. PM me if u guys need anything.
    Yuoichi
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    thebrain
    thebrain said:

- TheNyanCat's quote: " I like how the one who just got lectured by the mods for stepping on the rules is giving me a lecture on said rules. "

-Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums.

mods see how these rules can apply to pretty much anything? or I could think it as a friendly chat.

edit: I think this is why majoirty of players got banned on the old forum.

------
    Except its moderators discretion. If you feel like a rule is being broken don't post it like that, but rather report things because right now you are just causing FUD.
    For that case it doesn't seem like that rule applies to them at all, you're posts seem to break that rule more than any others right now.

Also for your edit, players got banned for breaking the rules and ignoring warnings in the old forums, same sort of thing would happen here, so please just follow the rules.

By the way the post about Canada's broadband is completely fine and so is what was said by @Sherri
    Yuoichi
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Rat is still used to the lawless dragon nest forums, don't mind him.
    Yuoichi
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 23, 2016
    @TheNyanCat

Mmm was it really that bad?
    (Never played Dragon Nest or seen it's forums xP)
    Yuoichi
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Sherri
    Sherri said:

@TheNyanCat

Although I had only played the game during Beta, I would stop by their forums on occasion... and quickly leave. :P

Yuoichi
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Sherri
    Sherri said:

@TheNyanCat

Tenkonos was pretty much the only active GM/CM in my eyes, he was the Kthx of DN but he moved on. We didn't really have volunteer mods like mabi did and Tek was the only one who really posted in off topic when I was over there. There was pretty much no mod action unless you spammed the report button on someone, and you can guess who was the receiving end on that one.

Yuoichi
  • thebrainthebrain
    edited December 24, 2016
    morning

cat please. i did no spamming. infact, i was behaving that I never got a ban.
    Yuoichi