Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Props to NX

hontoowarihontoowari
Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
in General Chat
Since I don't see this thread yet can we give props to NX for finally posting patch notes? I know it's late, but hey maybe they are finally listening?
NkeonaKatherzPolicromaKokoroTwelieBuffalosbadnewsbarrettAlmostNotsuperNilremKitimyuzuand 18 others.

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    hontoowari wrote: »
    Since I don't see this thread yet can we give props to NX for finally posting patch notes? I know it's late, but hey maybe they are finally listening?

Hopefully they keep posting them from now on.
    LeineipawcalypseKakuzen[Deleted User]MirralChanCarlizeIyasenuAlmostNotsuperZairakKitsuyasha
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    this isnt a patch, its just someone replacing KR text code with the correct english text code. Not that hard to do.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    "A patch is a piece of software designed to update a computer program or its supporting data, to fix or improve it. This includes fixing security vulnerabilities and other bugs, with such patches usually called bugfixes or bug fixes, and improving the usability or performance." - Patch (computing) Wiki page

Considering they fixed UI and map issues, this does indeed fall under the definition of a patch. Full listing of everything fixed is here. http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J5b

Relaying back to the original thread topic, PROPS TO NEXON! I like seeing this stuff. =D
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    watercat0 wrote: »
    this isnt a patch, its just someone replacing KR text code with the correct english text code. Not that hard to do.

A patch is to fix. To patch means to fix.
    Doesn't even matter how hard it is.

Do you like, have a personal vendetta against NEXON or something?
  • KakuzenKakuzen
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    TNinja wrote: »

There will always be unhappy people, it's just how it is. All that matters is that we focus on the positive. And because of that: THANKS NEXON! It's nice to be a little more informed with what goes down in the game we all play and love.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890

I said it before already... there's a reason watercat0 was banned at the old forums. new forums = fresh and no bans so all the old riffraff can come back... til they get banned again
    BuffalosMikuV3
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    Thank You Nexon!! Soo happy =D
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I am usually also not happy with how things are run, but this I can absolutely get behind. I like seeing changes being made, however small. It tells me care is being put into the game. It makes me especially happy to see some old stuff fixed, even if I'm not going to be experiencing the change.
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    yep yep. its a small change. but means alot to us =D
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    i actually hate the patch notes, it took around a maintenance to put up a post listening every spelling correction they made, as it probably took to fix them.....instead of congratulating such a "defeat" with a giant patch post they should have just wrote "minor spelling corrections" in the maintenance notes.... i mean really how many months has it been since the last patch that wasn't "new content" but a actual fixed.

crazy amount of time to fix spelling errors
    I dont care if my character name upside down and sideways as long as i can play the game without hitting a snag. sorry to not be supportive... but the team did this regularly before a long time ago... this is a dramatic change of "what is done" (im just angrily shocked)
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    i actually hate the patch notes, it took around a maintenance to put up a post listening every spelling correction they made, as it probably took to fix them.....instead of congratulating such a "defeat" with a giant patch post they should have just wrote "minor spelling corrections" in the maintenance notes.... i mean really how many months has it been since the last patch that wasn't "new content" but a actual fixed.

I dont care if my character name upside down and sideways as long as i can play the game without hitting a snag. sorry to not be supportive... but the team did this regularly before a long time ago... this is a dramatic change of "what is done" (im just angrily shocked)

Say whatever you want about their spelling, but please don't give them any grammar tips.
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790

Say whatever you want about their spelling, but please don't give them any grammar tips.

QuQ hahaha im like a train wreck
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Arjune wrote: »

I said it before already... there's a reason watercat0 was banned at the old forums. new forums = fresh and no bans so all the old riffraff can come back... til they get banned again

and i keep telling you Sabria got fired for abusing GM, we all know she did something wrong.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited July 7, 2017
    hontoowari wrote: »
    can we give props to NX for finally posting patch notes? I know it's late, but hey maybe they are finally listening?

Wait.. Didn't we say the very same thing years ago? I remember this.
    LiberateAlmostNotsuper
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited July 7, 2017

About a month and a half ago they fixed the Alexina L Rod quest, so there's that. They've also fixed quite a visual errors with items in the past year outside of content updates. Though I would agree that putting every single spelling error in what seems to be a massive text error fix patch is somewhat overwhelming.
    please-ban-me.text

It was nice knowing you and your bad posts.
    LeineiTheDumbOne
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    as a returning player

well when i left in..what g13? Mabi was rather....mix matched in bugs.

when i returned in G16. buggy, but stable. however declining in population due to mabi not seemign to know what to do with itself...i mean come on...shakespear?

and i returned about 2 weeks ago now. and can happily say its alot less buggy than it was my last 2 times. and alot more stable. population seems to have stablized 2.
    KakuzenTsumikki
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    as a returning player

well when i left in..what g13? Mabi was rather....mix matched in bugs.

when i returned in G16. buggy, but stable. however declining in population due to mabi not seemign to know what to do with itself...i mean come on...shakespear?

and i returned about 2 weeks ago now. and can happily say its alot less buggy than it was my last 2 times. and alot more stable. population seems to have stablized 2.

Sounds about right.
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    edited July 7, 2017
    A change that wasn't mentioned: clay crystals and clay mastery don't exist anymore. We now have earth crystals and earth alchemy mastery owob (it's still the same thing though)
  • PromesteinPromestein
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,185
    and i keep telling you Sabria got fired for abusing GM, we all know she did something wrong.

Thank god you meant Sabria and not Sabrina.

Also please go back to being banned.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    This thread feels like Deja Vu...Like it already happened b4?

HmIVgb1.gif