Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Oh, New Mabinogi

TNinjaTNinja
Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
edited July 9, 2017 in General Chat
[video]

Oh wait it's on the phone.

Yeah ok I'll bite.
ZarozianVimiXxSWxXCrimsọnMey

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    This looks better than the pc game.
    XxSWxX
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I do actually hope this comes to NA.
    Vimi
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, considering we still don't have the Squires App, I don't see us getting this... TAT
    TheDumbOneTheNyanCat
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 9, 2017
    Not a fan of the graphical style.

Edit: Possibly because I thought it look too straight lined, when really, I think I abhor the thought of anyone wearing a Dunce Cap. Dunce Caps are cancer.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I don't know who asked for this, but the art style and animation looks pretty nice. It also looks like it will destroy a phone's battery if they didn't bother with any optimization on the engine.
    Leinei wrote: »
    Yeah, considering we still don't have the Squires App, I don't see us getting this... TAT

Does this one -connect- with the PC game? I would imagine that was the reason NA never got Squires.
    JJ
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 9, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I don't know who asked for this, but the art style and animation looks pretty nice. It also looks like it will destroy a phone's battery if they didn't bother with any optimization on the engine.
    Leinei wrote: »

Does this one -connect- with the PC game? I would imagine that was the reason NA never got Squires.

From the looks of this it's a WHOLE new game. Designed from the ground up. What I'm currently pondering to myself is how they handled movement. We don't see an onscreen joystick for anything, but we do see targets appearing on enemies as the player gets close in the opening scene.

Combat looked to be done in real time with skills having cooldowns and as their requirements were met you could use them. Assault slash appeared on the menu when an enemy was knocked down. I'm down to play this when/IF it comes out for us.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    From the looks of this it's a WHOLE new game. Designed from the ground up. What I'm currently pondering to myself is how they handled movement. We don't see an onscreen joystick for anything, but we do see targets appearing on enemies as the player gets close in the opening scene.

Combat looked to be done in real time with skills having cooldowns and as their requirements were met you could use them. Assault slash appeared on the menu when an enemy was knocked down. I'm down to play this when/IF it comes out for us.

It could be tap-to-go-here movement. There's not many other options for movement in mobile games if it's not onscreen joy-stick.
    pawcalypseVimi
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    edited July 9, 2017
    Hmm doubt we will get it over here but it looks ok wonder if it would work with our mabi accounts in someway.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    That's a pretty convincing trailer. A remake of the original trailer.
    Oh hey, Ferghus hand slip animation.
    pawcalypse
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    That actually looks really fun O: I have a feeling if they make it like most apps where it's free but you can still pay for certain things, then we'll get it, because more ways for them to make money.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    When will reforges be added to this mobile game I wonder.

Joking aside, it looks pretty cool. :D
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    looks nice, i mean is for smartphones, i cant really expect something better but will be nice if they work a bit more on the designs.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited July 9, 2017
    i like to see graphics updated to this, (with line options) etc... i mean why restart ALL OVER bare. when you have everything as ur finger tips and all it needs is adjusting.

worst part is i love this soooo much...
    but to start all over with ....
    no tails, no weapons, no new skills, this game looks like it starts right before tailetian was created... thats a ALOT of updates... 7+ years worth... and i doubt just cuas they renewed it... it take any less time.
    agian tremendously sad that they can give a phone game better graphics....
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    i like to see graphics updated to this, (with line options) etc... i mean why restart ALL OVER bare. when you have everything as ur finger tips and all it needs is adjusting.

worst part is i love this soooo much...
    but to start all over with ....
    no tails, no weapons, no new skills, this game looks like it starts right before tailetian was created... thats a ALOT of updates... 7+ years worth... and i doubt just cuas they renewed it... it take any less time.
    agian tremendously sad that they can give a phone game better graphics....

I mean I don't know anything about developing apps so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think having the graphics slightly lesser means it'll take up less space in your phone. Some people can't download super big apps because of not having enough space, and bigger apps means it's takes longer to download, too. I tried putting in a large game a few weeks ago and it took over an hour to go into my phone (the update kept stopping and I had to make it start again and Idk why), and after all that it wouldn't even let me play for some reason, so I ended up taking it out. They might be trying to avoid that happening.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Phones generally come with maybe 10 to 36GB of storage, expanded with maybe another 36 from SD card.

It's really not much to go by.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Zaro approves~ = 3=
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Idk...playing the same game(technically) doesn't feel like it's worth the new time/money investment in starting over to see re-hashes of the same MMO game... :(
    Rhey wrote: »
    Idk...playing the same game(technically) doesn't feel like it's worth the new time/money investment in starting over to see re-hashes of the same MMO game... :(

I kinda see the good and bad to it. On one hand, like you said, is it worth it to just play the same game over again but on a phone?

On the other hand, I think it depends if they make it the same as Mabi now or add new elements to it though. Like new talents, dungeons, land to explore, etc. I think it could also be fun for those who want to try new things. Like playing as the opposite gender, testing a new talent that maybe you've always wanted to try but never have, things like that.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    TNinja wrote: »
    Phones generally come with maybe 10 to 36GB of storage, expanded with maybe another 36 from SD card.

Expanded storage typically can't be used to run apps from what I can tell. But you can do quite a bit with about 3 GB of data if you can optimize and compress textures well.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    TNinja wrote: »

Maybe if you're using an old phone. Newer phones go up to 128gb without expanded storage.
    Carlize
This discussion has been closed.