Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Oh, New Mabinogi

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Raishii wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    Phones generally come with maybe 10 to 36GB of storage, expanded with maybe another 36 from SD card.

It's really not much to go by.

Maybe if you're using an old phone. Newer phones go up to 128gb without expanded storage.

I'd very much like to know phone this is so I can buy it.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Phones generally come with maybe 10 to 36GB of storage, expanded with maybe another 36 from SD card.

Maybe if you're using an old phone. Newer phones go up to 128gb without expanded storage.

I'd very much like to know phone this is so I can buy it.

Google Pixel, Huawei P10, Galaxy S7, LG. Pretty much most major flagship phones.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

Look, I ain't gonna count all those new phone trends that comes once a half year. >:V
    badnewsbarrettGreta
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I don't see it as starting over, I see it as playing a new game. Just look at the short dungeon scene from the trailer, it might be mabinogi, but it's not the same game.

I'll most likely play both if we ever get it coming to NA, hell I'll probably dabble on the KR client if I can.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890

Not really though, a lot of phones release with different amounts of GB. And if Nexon is smart, they'll realize they have to cater to phones with lower storage as well, like most apps do, or they won't get as many players. Which means there's a chance they'll lose out money.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited July 9, 2017
    [video]

Oh wait it's on the phone.

Yeah ok I'll bite.

If this game comes to PC.......oh god...i might return to Mabinoi (this version) for a very,very long time....and spend hundreds
    Quality is so much better than Original Mabinogi, it puts the game to shame to be honest, now that i see this, i dont think id ever spend anymore on this game, but if they make the fights as fluid as the phone version or an entire different game of mabinogi, maybe deserve the title of Mabinogi II

Also that bear! fighting one will be fun :3, even the NPCs are less stiff looking and they even have personality too!, this game is a must have to me ;-;
    Really hoping Nexon would make a PC version and not just a phone, but sadly most of those hopes shatter with every update and with every soso news :x

They need to upgrade Original Mabinogi like the mobile version lol then it will FEEL like an 2017~2018 game instead of 2009 or less.....
    Peloi
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    i like to see graphics updated to this, (with line options) etc... i mean why restart ALL OVER bare. when you have everything as ur finger tips and all it needs is adjusting.

worst part is i love this soooo much...
    but to start all over with ....
    no tails, no weapons, no new skills, this game looks like it starts right before tailetian was created... thats a ALOT of updates... 7+ years worth... and i doubt just cuas they renewed it... it take any less time.
    agian tremendously sad that they can give a phone game better graphics....

I mean I don't know anything about developing apps so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think having the graphics slightly lesser means it'll take up less space in your phone. Some people can't download super big apps because of not having enough space, and bigger apps means it's takes longer to download, too. I tried putting in a large game a few weeks ago and it took over an hour to go into my phone (the update kept stopping and I had to make it start again and Idk why), and after all that it wouldn't even let me play for some reason, so I ended up taking it out. They might be trying to avoid that happening.

theirs a lot of ways to make ups run, but yeah - low polly, and "less" in general.
    this phone app looks like it wont be any bigger then a sword combat w/ tir only map.
    but mabinogi definitely needs a graphics update. - not updating graphics can slow things down to....

-the phone app does have a nice mask for everything that makes the game not look ugly and dusty like mabinogi for pc
  • MiricielMiriciel
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    lol... Look like a peria c (ajem) graphic engine! (Plz DevCat-Sama, revamp the Mabi PC game with graphics like this) xD
    Sebastian
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    The graphic for the Mabinogi mobile game is pretty nice though I don't think I'd play it because I'm not too fond of mobile stuffs.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I'd much rather they'd use peria's engine for mabi 1 once they've finished making it. Mobile games don't interest me at all, let alone "starting over" after all the effort I put into this.
    ZeoPeloi
  • KokenKoken
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    edited July 10, 2017
    Hopefully they will use this as a test bed for an engine. Then do a Graphic and Engine overhaul of Mabinogi.

It would certainly bring new life back into this ancient game.
    I mean look at it. It has hair physics on long hair. It will probably have cloth physics as well.
    Sebastianpawcalypse
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    This game looks fantastic imo.
    I wouldn't mind playing but i don't own a phone so the best i could do is try to download it onto my pc and play it.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245

Not really though, a lot of phones release with different amounts of GB. And if Nexon is smart, they'll realize they have to cater to phones with lower storage as well, like most apps do, or they won't get as many players. Which means there's a chance they'll lose out money.

I wasn't saying the game would or wouldn't take up a lot of storage. I just said there are plenty of new phones that have a ton of space on them these days.
  • tachiorztachiorz
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    Hinotama wrote: »
    This looks better than the pc game.
    Yeah, but that running animation was really weird.
    Looks like they're reusing some stuff from original game. It looks really nice in general.
    I would play, if it's going to work on emulator and if i'll be able to bind skills on keyboard. Coz save me from touch input, smartphones are awful for gaming =|
  • XxSWxXXxSWxX
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    you nearly gave me a heart attack, I thought this was mabinogi 2. :o
    (until i noticed the screen size)
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited July 10, 2017
    I'm not much of a fan of cel shading tbh. It's much less detailed; it's just two or three colors for every object. No little bits of bark, no little grains of gravel, just colors. Maybe a speck of stone here or there to simulate gravel, or a spot on a tree to simulate bark. Bright colors. :/ I like the bright colors, but to me that's literally the only thing this art style has going for it. Animation is more fluid, though. Still don't like the cel shading...or the idea of having to start all over....

If they connect it to your pc game and make it so that you can transfer your skill trainings, then maybe I'd give it a try. But I'd very much doubt they'd do that.

Also, it seems like all the skills are at the bottom of the screen, in which case there would probably only be a few skills per weapon type. I can't imagine they'd be able to fit everything down there and make it easy to access.
    Imaizumi
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Why cant we update the PC like this?..
    CrimsọnpawcalypseSiodhanPeloi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I...actually hope this doesn't come or is successful. Another reason to discontinue our game. I just can't do it. A decade is a lot to say goodbye to.
    Siodhan[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Gaea wrote: »
    I...actually hope this doesn't come or is successful. Another reason to discontinue our game. I just can't do it. A decade is a lot to say goodbye to.

Everyone has to say goodbye eventually. :(
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited July 11, 2017
    Spy wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

Everyone has to say goodbye eventually. :(

I understand having that fear (I do a bit too), but I don't think they'd do that. I don't see them making as much money on the app as they would the PC game. Especially because if they close the PC version and just go "here start all over again on mobile but everything is more limited in terms of skills and fashion and places to explore", they have to know that's just gonna make people mad and there are a lot of people who aren't going to want to do that, especially ones who've been here basically since the game began, to just lose everything like that. I think they know closing any of the servers would just do more harm than good. We know how greedy Nexon is. If they can make money from it, then they will. The app is just another way to make more cash.
This discussion has been closed.