Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

[NAB] Cannot Select Grandmaster Gunslinger Mission

FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
edited August 16, 2017 in Archived Bugs
I am currently having an issue were I am unable to select a GrandMaster mission for Gunslinger. I am currently GM Bard, My active Talent is Music and I have Master Gunslinger. However when I go to Select Gunslinger, it tells me that I am not in the active Talent to partake in GM missions.

a7ad999afda123eeb39fee404927ccee.png

I figured maybe this was a bug so I have relogged and Changed channels but it still doesnt let me.
I was able to Select a GM quest for Battle Alchemy just fine.

IGN: Fayekaiba
Server: Mari
Zairak

Comments

• InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    You must be an active talent of the said talent you want to obtain Grandmaster mission for it. Rebirth as gunslinger to receive the Missions for Grandmaster Gunslinger.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Infighter wrote: »
    You must be an active talent of the said talent you want to obtain Grandmaster mission for it. Rebirth as gunslinger to receive the Missions for Grandmaster Gunslinger.

The new update today allows you to go for grandmasters even if you are out of talent. My boyfriend is in archer talent and he is doing blacksmith GM missions. I even mentioned in my post above I was able to grab Battle Alch GM missions while in Music.
  • AndrewGRAndrewGR
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    edited July 6, 2017
    Whenever i talk to Lezzaro about a non active talent GM mission, he says i have to have the talent active to get quests. (Suggests you to rebirth XD)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'm not totally sure what causes this.

I was in the Carpentry Talent and was able to grab an Apothecary GM mission before the update.
    Of course it was an accidental click, I had been Apothecary before and already had 20 seals for it so it was a total waste, but it still gave me the mission.

Maybe you had to have been that talent at least once since... some time in the past?
    Or had to have done at least one GM mission of that talent beforehand?
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560

Video Example. Can select and obtain Blacksmithing GM Mission despite being in Archery Talent, however Gunslinger cannot be selected.

IGN: Surrept
    Server: Mari
  • AndrewGRAndrewGR
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    edited July 8, 2017
    Alright, my first GM talent was Apothecary but i changed to Magic long time ago. Now i have Fighter talent active and i cannot get any GM missions except Apothecary ones. So i guess you can get GM missions freely (non active talent) as long as you have been a GM of that talent at least once in the past.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    edited July 8, 2017
    AndrewGR wrote: »
    Alright, my first GM talent was Apothecary but i changed to Magic long time ago. Now i have Fighter talent active and i cannot get any GM missions except Apothecary ones. So i guess you can get GM missions freely (non active talent) as long as you have been a GM of that talent at least once in the past.

My boyfriend is in archer talent and has only been a GM bard but he can grab GM missions for blacksmith, which he has never been a GM blacksmith before.
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    AndrewGR wrote: »

I've never gotten grandmaster Blacksmithing (mostly because its literally one of the most worthless GMs pre-revamp) so that throws out that hypothesis.
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    I ran into the same issue.

For whatever reason, it will only allow me to take Grandmaster Missions from my current Talent, Bard, and the Talent I had prior to Rebirthing yesterday, Apothecary.

Only Grandmaster Talent I've ever had was Mage.
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Zairak wrote: »

For whatever reason, it will only allow me to take Grandmaster Missions from my current Talent, Bard, and the Talent I had prior to Rebirthing yesterday, Apothecary.

I am fairly certain it is intentional. The only reason you should have more the one grand master is for the active effects. despite what talent you get it's always 3 missions It ALWAYS had a list show up. As far as I know you still need to be that active talent.
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Falmosta wrote: »

I am fairly certain it is intentional. The only reason you should have more the one grand master is for the active effects. despite what talent you get it's always 3 missions It ALWAYS had a list show up. As far as I know you still need to be that active talent.

As the Original Poster said, and as my own post said, we were able to take Grandmaster Missions from more than one Talent at a time.

That means we took at least one Grandmaster Mission from a Talent that was not our Active Talent.

Seriously doubting Nexon intended this situation.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Falmosta wrote: »

My boyfriend's video even shows he is getting Blacksmith grandmaster missions while in a different talent and he has stated he has never been a GM blacksmith.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    It's been a week and I am still unable to select Grandmaster missions for gunslinger while outside of talent.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    July 21st: STILL not fixed. I am now in carpentry talent and I can STILL select missions from other talents. This is becoming annoying.
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Lezarro lets you continue to take GM missions for a talent you've already started GM missions for.

But you can't start getting GM missions for a talent unless you're in it.

So RB Gunslinger and get one (may need to complete it, I'm not sure if he checks quest progress or for the existence of the seals), then you can RB something else later and keep getting Gunslinger missions.
    Zairak
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    This is not a bug and is intended. I will be closing this thread as NAB (Not a Bug)
This discussion has been closed.