Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Memento Story Summary

CyCyCyCy
Mabinogi Rep: 1,740
in Story Discussion
Would anyone be able to summarize the story? lol

Comments

• KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    Spoilers because of course:

Basically Yvona hears a strange sound coming from Abb Neagh lake at night and asks you to investigate. You find that the sound is coming from a girl and her wind chimes, who has lost her memories. By entering Sidhe Finnachaid you are able to recover her memories, her name is Enn. It turns out that the Enn we meet (short hair) is actually a spirit and the real Enn (Long hair) was a bard who forsake the training of becoming a Druid in order to pursue the power of Music (she's alos known as the Language Alchemist to make everything more confusing). She enters Sidhe Finnachaid finds the spirit and winds up communicating through music/dance and names the spirit (short hair) Enn for some reason.

Enn fought against Jachbiel (mage who sided with the fomors and fought Tarlach's teacher in the 2nd war before the events of the game) inside Sidhe Finnachaid and basically locks her inside/kills her. Enn the spirit (short hair) gave up her memories to prevent Jachbiel's essence from corrupting Sidhe Finnachaid and upon remembering more the darkness comes back so she disappears. Aer (water spirit in Ceo Island) helps you bring her back and you go back into Sidhe Finnachaid to keep Jachbiel's darkness in check.

Also side plot Yvona and Nele didn't like each other. Nele when he was young copied his master's teachings too much and Yvona called him out on it. He called her heartless and it really messed with her. Nele apologizes and Yvona goes slight Tsundere cause you meddle in other peoples business too much.
    DanievictriaLialin
  • CyCyCyCy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,740
    Thank you. I'm probably going to redo the story again to observe details but just to clarify, Enn the spirit and Enn the bard are two different characters with the same name?

What is Enn the spirit's relationship with Enn the bard in particular? Were they close? From what I understand Enn the spirit is a native of Sidhe Finnachaid? Why did Enn the bard go to Sidhe Finnachaid? For the ancient music box?
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    They are two different characters. Enn the Bard did go into Sidhe Finnachaid to search for the music box. From what I gather because the spirit could only communicate through dance to Enn's music Enn developed a connection with the spirit as she felt that the noises of the world around her was the world trying to talk to her. Wind blowing, leaves rustling, etc.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I wonder if we're going to get new Spirits because of this story. We don't have music ones. =0
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Leinei wrote: »
    I wonder if we're going to get new Spirits because of this story. We don't have music ones. =0

An ego instrument? So it will have a music bonus and have a metric tonne of durability? Cool beans.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030

I'd love that.. been wanting a spirit instrument for a long time and not to mention... we really need to see the spirit weapon system be revamped badly.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Zeo wrote: »

I'd love that.. been wanting a spirit instrument for a long time and not to mention... we really need to see the spirit weapon system be revamped badly.

Speaking of spirits, remember Aer? Of course most of don't, until they sent us to Ceo to talk to her.
  • KatsukaiKatsukai
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Small easter egg regarding about this story, you can meet the evil spirit of Jabchiel haunting Musical Math Dungeon.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited July 11, 2018

Speaking of spirits, remember Aer? Of course most of don't, until they sent us to Ceo to talk to her.

Sorry about the late response. I remember Aer but I equate her to more of a nature spirit like a Water Nymph (or at least a higher grade of Spirit) than one you can imbue upon a Weapon, which seem more like fairies (or low-level) to me. Also, since the Ego/Spirits you bind with your Weapons is within a rock, it strikes me that they're literally stuck where they're bound (think like a ghost bound to a location once they've died for whatever reason), unlike Aer who can move around a bit. Maybe the Spirits we put in our weapons are casualties of a past battle. It would certainly explain why there are so many in Bangor's Mines.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125

Sorry about the late response. I remember Aer but I equate her to more of a nature spirit like a Water Nymph (or at least a higher grade of Spirit) than one you can imbue upon a Weapon, which seem more like fairies (or low-level) to me. Also, since the Ego/Spirits you bind with your Weapons is within a rock, it strikes me that they're literally stuck where they're bound (think like a ghost bound to a location once they've died for whatever reason), unlike Aer who can move around a bit. Maybe the Spirits we put in our weapons are casualties of a past battle. It would certainly explain why there are so many in Bangor's Mines.

There are many different types of spirits. The spirits we bind to our weapons are spirits that specifically do this. There are other spirits like Aer that exist that look after a certain aspect. Like a spirit caring for a forest, river, location, etc. And then there are the natural spirits, which are stated by the Ego female sword to be in a class of their own. Natural spirits are insanely powerful and are pretty much the force of nature itself. Basically the spirits of Mabi embody aspects of the physical and spiritual world allowing them special powers. Enn for example is the spirit that embodies the music box in Sid.

I can go a bit more into spirit lore, but most of it is related to spirit weapons so some of their quirks may not apply to all spirits.