Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The weekly server merge thread

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    they probably don't have a server strong enough to even run a merge.... Mari on its own crashed twice last week...
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Honestly, I'm glad there are more and more server merge threads showing up. From what I've seen in the past the more vocal you are about a problem the bigger your chances of getting a result or fix will be. I'm tired of having a dead market and seeing the same shops everyday as well as multiple bot shops now on Tarlach. I don't even have the desire to log in. I rarely complain publicly, but I'm going to join in on the complaint train about doing a server merge - We need one, yesterday.
    badnewsbarrettIyasenu[Deleted User]ZeoTairikukapapa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    courtneyy wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm glad there are more and more server merge threads showing up. From what I've seen in the past the more vocal you are about a problem the bigger your chances of getting a result or fix will be. I'm tired of having a dead market and seeing the same shops everyday as well as multiple bot shops now on Tarlach. I don't even have the desire to log in. I rarely complain publicly, but I'm going to join in on the complaint train about doing a server merge - We need one, yesterday.

The problem is we have been vocal about this for YEARS. I have come to the conclusion they are unable to do it for whatever reasons.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Gaea wrote: »
    courtneyy wrote: »

The problem is we have been vocal about this for YEARS. I have come to the conclusion they are unable to do it for whatever reasons.

And as years pass it only gets worse. Most new players still join Alexina because it just has a better population.
    badnewsbarrettFinity
  • YoorahYoorah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    A server merge would not useful, nor desirable. Nexon hasn't done one because it wouldn't benefit the game enough to justify the cost of doing so (if there even is any benefit to begin with.)

On Ruairi, the market/social channel is populated well enough to find a decent selection of shops, parties and cool new people to talk to. Other channels are more sparsely populated, but that can be a good thing for many activities. I think we have a good balance of being able to run into people when you want to, and having your own space when you don't.

Then there's the issue of complexity to implement something like this. It would require many man-hours and resources that would have to be re-directed from something else. I think most would agree that we'd rather have Nexon spend time and effort improving the game and growing it, rather than on downsizing, which would be no more than a race to the bottom. (And the operational savings from having less game servers would be minuscule, if measurable at all. Server hosting infrastructure is pretty automated these days.)
    KageitoZarric
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Yoorah wrote: »
    A server merge would not useful, nor desirable. Nexon hasn't done one because it wouldn't benefit the game enough to justify the cost of doing so (if there even is any benefit to begin with.)

On Ruairi, the market/social channel is populated well enough to find a decent selection of shops, parties and cool new people to talk to. Other channels are more sparsely populated, but that can be a good thing for many activities. I think we have a good balance of being able to run into people when you want to, and having your own space when you don't.

Then there's the issue of complexity to implement something like this. It would require many man-hours and resources that would have to be re-directed from something else. I think most would agree that we'd rather have Nexon spend time and effort improving the game and growing it, rather than on downsizing, which would be no more than a race to the bottom. (And the operational savings from having less game servers would be minuscule, if measurable at all. Server hosting infrastructure is pretty automated these days.)

I mean it's clearly desirable to a lot of people if these threads are popping up every week and get pages of people agreeing it needs to be done.

Also, Nexon already knows and has the complexity figured out if other servers did a merge just fine.
  • KageitoKageito
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I'd go for a server merge if all of our characters and pets were deleted, that way we all start off fresh, fair and square. Reforges can be permanently removed, too. No need for them if we have tons of people to play with and help us, right? :^)
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited July 16, 2017
    For those who are keep saying "This thread again..."
    STOP CLICKING THIS AND POST YOUR THOUGHT THEN.
    Why you bother so much if you are tired of server merge thread, I really wonder.

But yes, try bump more on Feedback section rather than posting new one on general section.
    ZeoFaithrendTairikukapapa
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    We need a merge so the market will have more supplies of collab stuff. I'm still hunting 4 fate puppets for over 3 weeks noa. Even with a yui/100m offer no one is biting.

reaction-Dr-Zoidberg.gif
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 16, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »
    We need a merge so the market will have more supplies of collab stuff. I'm still hunting 4 fate puppets for over 3 weeks noa. Even with a yui/100m offer no one is biting.

reaction-Dr-Zoidberg.gif

Sorry pal, when I got my Yui it cost me an arm and a leg. I vowed I would never sell my Yui for ANYTHING. She is just too rare now. That might change when they release the new support puppets though. But even then, I would never EVER give up my Yui. She will forever become increasingly special and rare.

-pat pat-
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    If your so tired of server merge threads stop reading them? There not effecting you at all people are trying to make a change to better the game and people are not going to stop until action is taken so you complaing is the real annoying thing not the threads
  • RheyRhey

reaction-Dr-Zoidberg.gif

Sorry pal, when I got my Yui it cost me an arm and a leg. I vowed I would never sell my Yui for ANYTHING. She is just too rare now. That might change when they release the new support puppets though. But even then, I would never EVER give up my Yui. She will forever become increasingly special and rare.

-pat pat-

Deo8Hw.gif

B-Bu-But I got 4 of em so...I'm okay with it. At least it'll net me 3/4 of the fate support set. Hopefully someone will bite on that 100m bait 4 the last one.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn

reaction-Dr-Zoidberg.gif

-pat pat-

Deo8Hw.gif

B-Bu-But I got 4 of em so...I'm okay with it. At least it'll net me 3/4 of the fate support set. Hopefully someone will bite on that 100m bait 4 the last one.

reaction-Dr-Zoidberg.gif

-pat pat-

Deo8Hw.gif

ATATATA.gif~c200
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Hey what the heck, theres only supposed to be one of these a week, and i posted one already.
  • RheyRhey
    Spy wrote: »
    Hey what the heck, theres only supposed to be one of these a week, and i posted one already.

There was a new rule. 2 per week is allowed now.
    [Deleted User]
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    I'm pretty much on the wagon with the NO server merges users. While people whine that we need it and post threads X amount of times a month, I don't think we need it really. Sure, you yes to merges lul people whine but there's an at least an equal amount of people or even more (while its not openly voiced here or in other places) that don't want a merge. It's never been a good ideal in most cases that I've read, and there are issues with it, majority being the names and certain once in a life time event things such as seal stones. That and merging servers often means that the game is dying, which it isn't like some believe to be happening.

Having all 4 servers merged into a single server will hurt the game a lot more than being as it is now. It's bad enough we have issues with the service/servers as is with 4 servers, and merging certain servers and any other server together will be a major mistake. The lag issues are a big deal and over-crowding will be an issue. For instance as of this moment, looking at the chart on the wiki Alexina's market ch is 1 by the obvious looks. It's stated to be 80% full. Now lets theoretically take Alexina and merge it with Ruairi or Tarlach. You now have a market channel that has 110%~120% fullness, thus the need to split the market into 2 channels at a minimum. Overall population is at 29%~32%, but the lag will be an issue for said theoretically merged server.
    ADDING channels will not solve that issue either, so the result will be a forced split for that. Next is the economy of said theoretically merged server, which will be messed up for awhile. Both servers have vast differences in price for each item and the middle price will not work right away, and users that had cheaper deals one day will then be faced with higher prices because of the merge. Sure maybe it'll be better eventually but the immediate effect on the economy will be quite obvious, and it will be painful for most.
    YoorahDanievictria
  • YoorahYoorah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    I mean it's clearly desirable to a lot of people if these threads are popping up every week and get pages of people agreeing it needs to be done.
    Only due to a lack of understanding. It doesn't mean the net effect will be desirable.
    KetsuekiOfRuairi
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited July 16, 2017
    Edit: disregard my last comment.

Either way I hope we get a merge because we need it.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Zarric wrote: »
    I'm pretty much on the wagon with the NO server merges users. While people whine that we need it and post threads X amount of times a month, I don't think we need it really. Sure, you yes to merges lul people whine but there's an at least an equal amount of people or even more (while its not openly voiced here or in other places) that don't want a merge. It's never been a good ideal in most cases that I've read, and there are issues with it, majority being the names and certain once in a life time event things such as seal stones. That and merging servers often means that the game is dying, which it isn't like some believe to be happening.

Having all 4 servers merged into a single server will hurt the game a lot more than being as it is now. It's bad enough we have issues with the service/servers as is with 4 servers, and merging certain servers and any other server together will be a major mistake. The lag issues are a big deal and over-crowding will be an issue. For instance as of this moment, looking at the chart on the wiki Alexina's market ch is 1 by the obvious looks. It's stated to be 80% full. Now lets theoretically take Alexina and merge it with Ruairi or Tarlach. You now have a market channel that has 110%~120% fullness, thus the need to split the market into 2 channels at a minimum. Overall population is at 29%~32%, but the lag will be an issue for said theoretically merged server.
    ADDING channels will not solve that issue either, so the result will be a forced split for that. Next is the economy of said theoretically merged server, which will be messed up for awhile. Both servers have vast differences in price for each item and the middle price will not work right away, and users that had cheaper deals one day will then be faced with higher prices because of the merge. Sure maybe it'll be better eventually but the immediate effect on the economy will be quite obvious, and it will be painful for most.

So your issues are;
    -Economy
    -Lag
    -Merging all 4 servers.

My response.

-Economy will fix itself in 1-2 weeks tops.
    -Adding more players will not change how laggy the game is. If Nexon decided to do a server merge the smart thing is to use a more powerful server for the newly merged ones. But even then from what I see a merge between two of the game servers wouldn't even need a more powerful server.
    -I don't want all four merged either. Merge Ruairi and Tarlach, leave Mari and Alexina alone.
  • RheyRhey
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Zarric wrote: »
    I'm pretty much on the wagon with the NO server merges users. While people whine that we need it and post threads X amount of times a month, I don't think we need it really. Sure, you yes to merges lul people whine but there's an at least an equal amount of people or even more (while its not openly voiced here or in other places) that don't want a merge.

mind showing proof about this ? I remember most poll said that there is more people that want a server merge even this poll said so.

It's never been a good ideal in most cases that I've read, and there are issues with it, majority being the names and certain once in a life time event things such as seal stones. That and merging servers often means that the game is dying, which it isn't like some believe to be happening.

yes name is an issue. as for seal stone thats just very selfish reason since half of the seal breaker is not even playing and the one that do actually very rarely use that char to play. Its basically a landmark for beta tester.

No server merge is not a sign of dying game since new player don't really care about this kind of thing when they first join and they most likely to stay if there is more people playing on their ch, but new player do care if there is a youtube review of mabinogi is dying or empty, plus they do leave if there is no active player or their server is too empty. Thats pretty much the case for all the server actually. Even alexina ch 2-7 is pretty much empty.

if the case is 4 server merge, there will be enough population for 2 market channel. In the past there is 2 market channel in alexina and it worked just fine. Over crowding is not an issue since each channel have maximum number of people that can be in there.

Current economy… hmm if its saying much, current price for common item is nearly the same since nexon actually the one that control it by scheduling certain item release.

No it won't be painful for most since every necessity item for combat, healing, and common crafting are available at a fixed price from the npc. This happen once in alexina, sudden flood of player from sao event and i believe it did not cause any pain for the player base nor the player economy. Just there is more clueless kirito and asuna running around.

I would say merge will benefit the player economy since there will no more people running dungeon/raid and there will be more item from gacha circulating the market.

f7FdEdG.jpg

It's such a pain to look for collab guds. Access to other servers will help in supplying.