Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

FAKE C/O...

ApologistApologist
Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
in General Chat
People need to stop with this method of selling stuff. Most of the time it's fake to get people to bid more cuz ur just too scare to announce ur greedyness to the rest of the server. I've seen c/o upward to 50m(Holy eagle mask :# ) to just come back a few weeks later after going off the radar to come back with a 30m c/o by the same person. Just give out ur a/w price if belvast's 20m can't hold it. I mean I culda purchased the item already if I can pay the grubby aw price. instead of wasting everyone's time and having the item go to a randomer who is still online to answer Ur note that U send out @ graveyard hours that even if I did win the pointless bid It'd go to the next person cuz I'm alseep waiting on ur ridiculous fake c/o no time limit auction to end.

/RANT

tenor.gif
  1. Just let us use the auction house in tara already!71 votes
    1. ikr?
       55% (39 votes)
    2. Nexon sells lame stuff there nyways. Why not let players put stuff up in there...
       45% (32 votes)

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Wheres the poll option for "Rare items increase in value over time"
    TheNyanCatFaithrendSkaidrojumiErorserv
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    This is why I avoid anybody selling anything rare with a c/o. Or I note if they have an auto-win price in mind if it's something I really want...Like collab event stuff. :o
  • ApologistApologist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited July 17, 2017
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

It's the same item on C/O where the 2nd c/o is lower than it's first round of c/o by the same guy. :( The item should had sold already to the 50m c/o if it was legit...not come back around later with a lower bid chain c/o of 30m from before.
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Or you know… put a buying ads
    Like B> holy /eagle mask - nm/add

Its easy…
    Less stress…
    And more fantasy life friendly…

The person with the item has the selling upperhand when it comes to rare things like eagle mask. I don't have the time to spend all day refreshing party ad to get a legit offer where I don't walk away feeling ripped. Cuz no offers comes in unless ur setting urself up to being taken advantage of in these cases. :/
    PolicromaPanKimberlypawcalypseKitsuyashaSplatulatedSherriAstralBlue
  • YaorenYaoren
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    I just wish that people would respond after offering on something, instead of just ignoring your note because they changed their mind.. kind of hard to seem like a legit seller when this happens time and time again >_>
    PolicromaKitsuyasha
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited July 17, 2017
    Remind me of that one girl (thankfully she quits because she's extremely controlling and tries to dictate everyone on how they should price their items) a while ago on Alexina server who had a Hot Pink Heart wings and she 'got' the current offer of '40m' or whatever it is but she kept advertising it for more than a month with a current offer of 40m... like really, at this point, why not just take the offer?? Then her current offer 'disappeared' and she claim that the person who made an offer withdrew that then the girl raised her a/w up from 50m to 60m even though NO ONE were offering on it.

So yeah... I also felt like the paragraph I just typed is a good reason why items being rare does NOT always increase in value over time... especially with the hot pink heart wings and some other stuffs... sometime they drop in the value when we get new stuffs in game.

But anyways, back onto the topic, yeah... I agree that some people who put up fake current offers are extremely annoying and they should really stop with that while advertising it for a month or longer with the 'same current offer'.
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    They got a fancy auction system already out there, hopefully we get it.
    ZeoGretaPolicromaKimberlypawcalypseKitsuyashaSherri
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I do fake C/Os just to get more. I won't lie about my greed. Then again, lately I've been making money through selling items in a shop.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Another tip.

Offer as small as possible or 1 gold up the highest bid and call it a fall back offer. If they're legit they'll actually put ur c/o in thier ad. If not it won't be reflected/ignored. That's ur que to avoid that bid chain. ;)
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I really don't get how people keep their c/o honestly. For weeks even. I guess most of them are fake c/o. I don't really take c/o because when I do, they all seem to back out after a day of two if I still don't decide to sell it leaving me with no buyers at all and I ended up selling at a lower price than intended.
  • CelinusCelinus
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    If you don't like the price don't buy it. Just means you will have to wait longer to get that item, problem solved really.
    Now if you are impatient or really need the item then you prolly have to deal with ridiculous prices if you are unlucky.

You could say "But where else am i supposed to get x rare item" but items being limited in various Gacha's is not the players fault, so you can't exactly blame them for taking advantage of a system the Devs introduced to the game.

Despite of all that i do sympathize with people that really need or want an item and someone bs c/o's them all day until they give up. However people are not gonna stop sadly :/
    PolicromaTheNyanCatTweliepawcalypseTairikuKonTheKindBear
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited July 17, 2017
    I prefer to handle my C/o's in the style of an auction, if ever.
    I always start with "C/o 0" and maybe days left, often at 7.

The sight of the empty offer makes someone at the very least throw a low bid to get it started.
    When the days left are low, some people just bid on impulse to make sure they get it.
    Item still generally sells for a desired amount, if not more.

Honest methods can work, if people actually put some effort into selling something.
    But since these fake C/o ads exist, I guess that generally is not the case.

Although, I do love tossing them a note of "Tell me the name of the bidder, so I can confirm its a real offer."
    And if they give a name, I message the name given to make sure.
    Actually had someone go "What? I didn't offer for that." once.
    You can't lie about offers if someone fact checks enough.
    badnewsbarrettKitsuyashaImaizumi
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 17, 2017
    pretty sure holy eagle shields are around 50m though.... least on Mari. maybe the seller was hoping for even more and the person that bid 50 legit dropped his offer down because he was also tired of waiting and was asking opinions of friends? Sometimes holding onto your items for too long can have bad consequences too :P it gives the bidders time to actually think about their offer more and how dumb it might be (or gives them time to find another)

I'm not saying there's no such thing as fake c/o, just that it's not always what it might be. That's why if I take offers on something it's usually not for long or I try to set an a/w and then take that a/w (I've seen people get an offer for their a/w and still keep taking offers like... do they know what a/w means???) . I'm trying to sell my step 6 (secret 67th floor) demonic lance atm though and no one even offering at all except 20m :c which makes me want to put a fake c/o of at least 40m to stop lowballing.... but I don't because I know it's wrong

sometimes I wonder if adding m/b (minimum bid) to selling would work or just confuse people more
    Nilrem wrote: »

Although, I do love tossing them a note of "Tell me the name of the bidder, so I can confirm its a real offer."
    And if they give a name, I message the name given to make sure.
    Actually had someone go "What? I didn't offer for that." once.
    You can't lie about offers if someone fact checks enough.

I never divulge those details for 2 reasons
    1.) How do I know if the person that offered wants anyone to know that they bid on the item? Do they wanna get harrassed in notes about if they really offered or not? They could want it to be a secret
    2.) This is the main reason too. How do I know you don't secretly have the item yourself and wanna snatch away MY possible buyer? I've had people actually do this to me before. Someone asks me who bid my high bid and next thing I know the person backs out saying they "found another one". I learned fast to shut my mouth

Yeah... that's just how I am though
    FaybalbadnewsbarrettImaizumiNevine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    why would you even want an eagle mask? staves are where its at yo.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

I don't think this is necessarily the problem. Honestly, prices can go up or down depending on demand. What people are upset at is being dishonestly dragged along on "auctions" that have no real competition, and no way for the prospective buyers to validate if an opposing offer is legit or if the item is really worth the price to others. Generally we have to rely on friends to check if prices are legit or not, and word of mouth can only take you so far.

Because of this, I try to stay away from all sales where there is no auto win or I cannot negotiate an immediate price. This personal rule was especially hard to follow lately as I really wanted the argenta hair coupon. I still do not have said coupon, as I ended up giving up on each seller. It just isn't worth it if there isn't an autowin, and if they don't take your offer and are unwilling to haggle, you know they're going to play you. I ended up buying the hatless wig instead, which magically dropped drastically in price. Funny how that works...

Anyway, I've seen too many instances of a "current offer" being dragged along for weeks and then magically dropping. (And then the lower price being dragged along for weeks.)
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Arjune wrote: »
    I never divulge those details for 2 reasons
    1.) How do I know if the person that offered wants anyone to know that they bid on the item? Do they wanna get harrassed in notes about if they really offered or not? They could want it to be a secret
    2.) This is the main reason too. How do I know you don't secretly have the item yourself and wanna snatch away MY possible buyer? I've had people actually do this to me before. Someone asks me who bid my high bid and next thing I know the person backs out saying they "found another one". I learned fast to shut my mouth

Yeah... that's just how I am though

Perhaps I should rephrase it for you.
    In "Most" cases, I generally already know the person doing the bid. Might be because I'm a Tarlach merchant. A lot of us generally see eachother or our shops a lot. In most cases, me checking for the ign is to make sure its someone that actually exists.
    In the best cases, I don't even have to toss a note since I know the name given.

As for example 2: If anyone serious(or even myself), wanted to "Snatch your buyers", I wouldn't ask for a name and a note.
    I would just place an ad for the same item, but for 50-80% of what you are charging. Less hassle, faster results.

Although I guess since this is a thread of fake C/o's, I think things are just slightly different between server markets.
    We all have different kinds of people running shops, after all.
    PolicromaKonTheKindBear
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Ah, marketplace fears.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    What we need is increased gold limits so we can just slap stuff in shops. :) 300m gold limit! Then we should add an option in the shops that will allow people to look at an item but it will say "offer only". Then people can post an offer on the item that other people can see in the shops, along with their username (if the buyer wants the names to be annoynomus to others to avoid harassment, they can choose so).
    KitsuyashaImaizumi
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Xiokun wrote: »
    What we need is increased gold limits so we can just slap stuff in shops. :) 300m gold limit! Then we should add an option in the shops that will allow people to look at an item but it will say "offer only". Then people can post an offer on the item that other people can see in the shops, along with their username (if the buyer wants the names to be annoynomus to others to avoid harassment, they can choose so).

Stop hurting DevCat's brains lol. Although the idea would be nice. And maybe make shop licencees so they can be reusable for a certain amount of time even after your offline. Because it is hell when you open shop, and you sell 1 or 2 items then there's a lagout and you are likely to make a loss on that licence.
    KitsuyashaSherri
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Xiokun wrote: »

Stop hurting DevCat's brains lol. Although the idea would be nice. And maybe make shop licencees so they can be reusable for a certain amount of time even after your offline. Because it is hell when you open shop, and you sell 1 or 2 items then there's a lagout and you are likely to make a loss on that licence.

Funny thing is that was the case for a few months(quite some time ago) till they issued a patch to "fix" it...
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    253906455807E6B8384EA8

And I brought this screenshot again.