Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

DYE/ENCHANTING PROTECTION SERVICES

ApologistApologist
Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
edited July 18, 2017 in General Chat
I've heard horror stories of these people just baiting for a real pricey/rare item to come by before the inevitable d/c+blacklist and start ducking you at every corner. They only give you a legit service if the item put up is less than the 2-3m fee they're charging. What are methods or repercussions you can fall back on to make it reliable to use such service without getting scammed?
  1. How often do people use these P2P services?40 votes
    1. Only with close friends or guildmates.
       48% (19 votes)
    2. I never use them. I do everything on my own resources.
       48% (19 votes)
    3. I like take leaps of faith here and there with these kind of services.
       5% (2 votes)

Comments

• JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Collateral is about the only protection you can use. I'd just advise against it unless you know the person.
    BuffalosTheNyanCat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    I only use my festia dyes with friends and guildies. I might help others with dying stuff but they can trust me because I don't want to ruin my reputation within the game and this community.
    badnewsbarrett
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 18, 2017
    I don't trust anyone with my rare dyeable goods like Yui's/Wings/End-game gears...Ever.

Unless I can taze em if they try to run.

giphy.gif
    ShoogDanievictria
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    There's always a risk with these services, so it's not recommended to bother with them. When the first pet gacha released and player inventories were swarming with dyes from their new pets, many advertised in game and here on the forums for dyeing services. Unfortunately a large number of players were scammed of their items, so much so that Nexon had to release a notice pertaining to the issue. This is also why the services are no longer allowed to be advertised on the forums. I just wouldn't even risk it. :c
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited July 18, 2017
    Risk gives me an adrenaline rush. I love these kind of things.
    Rhey
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited July 18, 2017
    Unless you have physical access to the person in question to ensure that there will be painful consequences if they scam you, don't even think about it.
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 18, 2017
    Pan wrote: »
    Risk gives me an adrenaline rush. I love these kind of things.

Thrill-seeker much? :*
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I don't bother with dye services. I just earn dyes on my own to use on my stuff. I'm pretty well stocked thanks to that recent event, so I won't be buying dyes for quite a while, though. B)
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I don't use either of these services, I have Festia pets and offered to dye things for my guild though (I still need to get back on and do that, I haven't logged on in a few weeks. I don't have anyone's things, I just said I'd do it for them soon.) I'd be too afraid to do it for the whole server because if one person lies and says you tried to steal from them or something... No thanks, I don't want a reputation like that.
  • CapnReconCapnRecon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    "I can trim your armor".

Neeeeyope. I don't trust anyone with my stuff.
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    I don't want no one anyone Falls for these scams when you can entrust enhants via in-game functions. Seriously like why do people think you have to trade to do an inch at the only thing that you might have an issue with is a personalized enchant but if you're not interested in an item in chant that's personalized then get the person to enchant it properly onto an item and use a trade unlock potion seriously that's why they exist. Once they put on a item that you can Trash burn you can get the enchant burned off with entrust burning it and so long as they are a ranked 1 enchanter you shouldn't have a problem getting the enchant off the item. Ask for dye Services there's a reason why they included they hex code
  • RheyRhey
    Falmosta wrote: »
    I don't want no one anyone Falls for these scams when you can entrust enhants via in-game functions. Seriously like why do people think you have to trade to do an inch at the only thing that you might have an issue with is a personalized enchant but if you're not interested in an item in chant that's personalized then get the person to enchant it properly onto an item and use a trade unlock potion seriously that's why they exist. Once they put on a item that you can Trash burn you can get the enchant burned off with entrust burning it and so long as they are a ranked 1 enchanter you shouldn't have a problem getting the enchant off the item. Ask for dye Services there's a reason why they included they hex code

Sum of these are untrade-able...hence wry there is a need/want if ur looking 4 a particular color/Xtra-enchant prot.