Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The weekly server merge thread

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited July 17, 2017
    Would merging servers really help the economy?
    Yes, short term, buyers of gacha items will be happy; but when the market becomes flooded with items that are suppose to be rare; then it is no longer a rare item. They may counter my making it even harder to get the item(s) from gacha.

Most people tend to think that if prices are low then people are happy and then the economy is ok.
    In reality, healthy economies are economies of growth; price rise, produce more, demand more, higher income.

Of course the problem with most mabi server economies is items that are seemingly too expensive.

The problem with the economy is the dependence on these rare expensive items which hurt the consumer; but doesn't really hurt the game economy.

I honestly see this as a reason to not server merge.
    Nexon be like;
    "If we merge all the servers we'll sell less gachapons.
    So what are we gonna do about it?
    Guess we'll lower the drop rate to get more sales.
    But they already hate the drop rate we give them now. If we lower it they might just stop buying it cause its not worth it.
    I guess your right #server merge cancelled#"
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Blortad wrote: »
    Quit asking for a server merge, the lag is already bad enough as it is. Before the game can handle something like a server merge we need to have better servers in the first place and probably better netcode too, ask for that instead. If they merge servers WITHOUT either or both of those things happening first, it will make the game just short of unplayable because none of my skills will happen until 5 seconds after I press the button. Even on low pop servers like Ruairi, ppl avoid populated channels due to lag, imagine if every channel had lag as bad as ch1.
    Your the only one who lags still in 2017
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Faithrend wrote: »
    Quit asking for a server merge, the lag is already bad enough as it is. Before the game can handle something like a server merge we need to have better servers in the first place and probably better netcode too, ask for that instead. If they merge servers WITHOUT either or both of those things happening first, it will make the game just short of unplayable because none of my skills will happen until 5 seconds after I press the button. Even on low pop servers like Ruairi, ppl avoid populated channels due to lag, imagine if every channel had lag as bad as ch1.
    Your the only one who lags still in 2017

Lag usually has to do with internet service and computer performance nowadays.
    GretaZeoNegumikoTairiku
  • SenpipeSenpipe
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Bump. Not letting this die.
  • KokenKoken
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    edited July 20, 2017
    I would rather Tarlach x Mari merge.

But I am totally up for server merges as you can only get a few rando girg runs every other day on my own server.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Senpipe wrote: »

We'll be a getting a new one next week nywayz~

200.gif

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Rhey wrote: »

We'll be a getting a new one next week nywayz~

200.gif

There was supposed to be one this week. This thread was last week's.
    But we're already on Thursday, so might as well necro this thread for now.

And no to TarlachxMari merger.
    I like Mari's autonomy.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Honestly, based on how this thread is going so far...

I would just want Tarlach, Mari, and Ruari to be merged and renamed into a "Three Heroes" server or something.

On one hand, more population means more runs of everything and more items going around.

On the other hand, massive amounts of chaos from 3 different server cultures colliding.
    Actually when I think about it, that would be very enjoyable to see.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430

Ditch the dial-up.

The servers held up fine five years ago when we had six times as many people still around.
    KonTheKindBearTairiku
  • SenpipeSenpipe
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    bump.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    nothing to see here.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    bump.

Dude. Just don't...