Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Repeal the dungeon revamp

Comments

• kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    some people really don't seem to get economics...
    saying "oh well we have less people so the drop rate should be higher!"
    just, no.

there's already practically nothing you can loot that's worth anything to anyone because of nexon just straight up selling better stuff for cash...
    higher drop rates without a larger market just means it'll be worthless junk soon and there will be no point to even try to get it.
    Blortad
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited July 21, 2017
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Can't we just deal with it and move on? It's already in and it's not going to change. Did you even see how long it took for them to even get to "revamping" dungeons? Some of these complaints are for the dungeons becoming easy again. I actually like the fact that these mobs can stand up to my attack and kill me in the process if I lose focus. It got boring mowing through a dungeon one shotting or two shotting mobs.

To be fair... if we just 'deal with it' and stay quiet about it... how will we get to be heard by DevCat or so then? Some of those complaints are actually legitimate, especially the part about drop rates, the Unrestricted Dungeon passes and like one person said... being able to solo Alby Adv HM and get 8 chests in the end.
    some people really don't seem to get economics...
    saying "oh well we have less people so the drop rate should be higher!"
    just, no.

there's already practically nothing you can loot that's worth anything to anyone because of nexon just straight up selling better stuff for cash...
    higher drop rates without a larger market just means it'll be worthless junk soon and there will be no point to even try to get it.

Lol, just because people want items to be higher drop rate doesn't mean it'll actually be worthless because they'll still be pretty rare or so. We don't have 10% of the population for NA Mabi compared to KR Mabi so some items will just be basically impossible to make (Soluna Blade).
    GretaCICILIA
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 21, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »

2. Yeah, I don't see why they took the Unrestricted Dungeon passes out of the cash shop... a very stupid move on DevCat, especially since they'll make lot of money by just leaving it there to sell in cash shop permanently.

Yup. They just loss a chance to get a hundred bucks from me the other day. Should just leave these in the CS. SMH. Nexon needs to release sumthing worthy to get these stash of Denero's now. Gud thing I haven't charged it to my acc yet. Since I was trying to confirm the existence and pricing of these passes first. :*
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Zeo wrote: »
    Can't we just deal with it and move on? It's already in and it's not going to change. Did you even see how long it took for them to even get to "revamping" dungeons? Some of these complaints are for the dungeons becoming easy again. I actually like the fact that these mobs can stand up to my attack and kill me in the process if I lose focus. It got boring mowing through a dungeon one shotting or two shotting mobs.

To be fair... if we just 'deal with it' and stay quiet about it... how will we get to be heard by DevCat or so then? Some of those complaints are actually legitimate, especially the part about drop rates, the Unrestricted Dungeon passes and like one person said... being able to solo Alby Adv HM and get 8 chests in the end.

Since when does any from NA get sent over to DevCat and actually get resolved? If anything we would say would be taken into consideration, there wouldn't be the normal complaint threads seen everyday/every week. So do they actually hear us? I doubt even this would reach them, but you have a point. To not say a word would do nothing.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    It's like Nexon took one step forward and two step backward with the revamp.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    there wouldn't be the normal complaint threads seen everyday/every week.

What? Yes there would. To suggest that there would be no complaints at all if complaints were seen is to suggest that every complaint ever made about anything is valid as well as that every complaint that is seen is guaranteed to be addressed. There will ALWAYS be complaint regardless of if its valid, gets seen, or gets addressed. Do you seriously think that the KR forums are free of complaint or that their complaints are seen exclusively and attentively? Also, of course this wont reach them since, as I even pointed out earlier, this is in GENERAL instead of SUGGESTIONS where it should be.
  • BlortadBlortad

Oh look, someone who actually wants to play the game instead of just rolling his face across his keyboard all day. High five dude!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I can't say I care for how anything below Advanced Hardmode seems unworth the time spent running it, aside from hopefully getting passes to work your way up to getting a Mangled pass to turn INTO an Adv HM pass.

And I can't say I care for how every enemy in Adv HM dungeons aren't so much deadly and dangerous as they are big fat HP sponges to soak up all your time and weapon durability.

And while the enemies are decently tanky in their own right, boy howdy the HP of some of these dungeons' bosses really take the cake.
    I'd hate to not be an end-game player when taking on some of those bosses.

I also just love making an Adv HM pass and running it and my luck turning out to give me some obsolete enchants and some pocket lint for my trouble, time, and durability.

Oh wait, I don't love that part at all.
    Aww...
    ZeoGretaShaeliTairikuNilremCICILIA
  • LouisdesnowLouisdesnow
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,060
    I do believe this whole mangled pass system should be scrapped entirely. Due to the gold cost, as well as the chance of getting something completely worthless at the end chest, I find myself rarely, if ever, running hardmode advanced dungeons such as Ciar or Rundal, which I have been running constantly before this whole system was set in place.
    ZeoCscrimsonCarlize
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited July 21, 2017
    I do believe this whole mangled pass system should be scrapped entirely. Due to the gold cost, as well as the chance of getting something completely worthless at the end chest, I find myself rarely, if ever, running hardmode advanced dungeons such as Ciar or Rundal, which I have been running constantly before this whole system was set in place.

Yup, same. I ran Phantasm more than fifty times with a party of four people total so far (I've lost counts of it because I ran so much of that)... and we didn't even get anything good from the end chests... no Succubus Queen stuffs, no mats needed for Soluna Blade or Destructive pieces dropped, and no decent enchant drop as well... so it's really hard to stay motivated when running things like Phantasm because you already know that you and your party mates will end up getting crap in the end as usual.

I only run Rundal or Alby Adv HM for the exp because mobs give really good exp... that's it... you'd have to be lucky to actually get something decent in the end of Adv HM run.
    CICILIA
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Erm...didn't the revamp happen because of the people complaining that the dungeons were too easy? Yes, it could have been handled better as with most things, but no company is perfect. I don't mind the changes in all honesty, though I can see how it makes things a lot harder for lower-level players.

(P-please don't bite my head off :s )
    Then the weaker players should be going with the stronger players like it used to be. And you might actually need help with something instead of everyone doing everything as solo cause its so easy, Its nice to run dungeons with people that don take 2 minutes to run through. And the stronger players shouldn t be looking down on the weaker players or players that don t do so well. Maybe a big reminder of you wern t as good as you are now either without help from someone when you started.

GretaZeoilPiantissimo[Deleted User]
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Repeal and replace later. Works every time.
    Zeo
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Pepper wrote: »
    Erm...didn't the revamp happen because of the people complaining that the dungeons were too easy? Yes, it could have been handled better as with most things, but no company is perfect. I don't mind the changes in all honesty, though I can see how it makes things a lot harder for lower-level players.

Then the weaker players should be going with the stronger players like it used to be. And you might actually need help with something instead of everyone doing everything as solo cause its so easy, Its nice to run dungeons with people that don take 2 minutes to run through. And the stronger players shouldn t be looking down on the weaker players or players that don t do so well. Maybe a big reminder of you wern t as good as you are now either without help from someone when you started.

I'm a sort of mid-tier player. My damage is enough to hold my own as needed, but I accept when I need someone's help. I do agree with you though, Pepper. People tend to forget that they were once in the weaker player's shoes (which is why I try to look out for weaker players whenever I run with them, like knocking a mob away if the other person is taking too much aggro/damage).
  • clonedstarsclonedstars
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    The main problem I have with the revamp is the drop rate of the mangled passes. Everything else is whatever, low material drop rates, money to craft the pass, worthless lower level dungeons, hp sponges, whatever. But the abysmal pass drop rate makes it so that even trying to run one to begin with becomes a stupid waste of time, time which you could be using to do basically anything else.
  • BlortadBlortad
    The main problem I have with the revamp is the drop rate of the mangled passes. Everything else is whatever, low material drop rates, money to craft the pass, worthless lower level dungeons, hp sponges, whatever. But the abysmal pass drop rate makes it so that even trying to run one to begin with becomes a stupid waste of time, time which you could be using to do basically anything else.

And having to grind out passes from normal all the way up to adv all in the same day cause they expired in 12 hours is better then having the option to do it gradually throughout the week is better how exactly? I get into WAY more adv hm dungeons now then I ever did before cause I could never get higher then int in 1 sitting, and it was 1 sitting or nothing.
  • clonedstarsclonedstars
    edited July 21, 2017
    Blortad wrote: »

And having to grind out passes from normal all the way up to adv all in the same day cause they expired in 12 hours is better then having the option to do it gradually throughout the week is better how exactly? I get into WAY more adv hm dungeons now then I ever did before cause I could never get higher then int in 1 sitting, and it was 1 sitting or nothing.

You can also get adv passes from monkeys and maid boxes. Also there's the fact that enemies inside the HM dungeons dropped their respective adv passes, making it so that you can continuously run those dungeons over and over and over again until you stopped. Also you make it sound like it's hard to get an adv pass in the first place. Alby adv passes dropped from Alby normal end chests for crying out loud and that took like 30 seconds to run.
    Zeo
  • MiricielMiriciel
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    i have 2 mangle rabbie dungeon (expired), is trash or i can use this for something?
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    if they don't want to change the dungeon layout.
    they need to at least increase drops please :C
    (Never seen radient string drop in my entirety spamming rundal pre dungeon revamp or post revamp)
  • clonedstarsclonedstars
    Miriciel wrote: »
    i have 2 mangle rabbie dungeon (expired), is trash or i can use this for something?

If they're expired, they're unuseable for anything.
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Pepper wrote: »

I'm a sort of mid-tier player. My damage is enough to hold my own as needed, but I accept when I need someone's help. I do agree with you though, Pepper. People tend to forget that they were once in the weaker player's shoes (which is why I try to look out for weaker players whenever I run with them, like knocking a mob away if the other person is taking too much aggro/damage).

Good for you we need more players like you and less of the conceited players that think there all that. And I should let you know that I m a 27k plyer with cp of 4.7 Who has all rk 1 skills and 4 grandmasters to date. I wouild run a new players level in a heartbeat if they needed help