Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Duel

Dcat682Dcat682
Mabinogi Rep: 880
in Town Square
While I was bored I checked the Apple App Store and found a pacular game I jokingly searched.

S0clt

Obviously I downoaded the game and will be goving it a try after this post. Has anyone encountered this app before? If so what are your opinions on it?

Just from looking at the images on the store I dont recognize any of the characters as actually being from Mabinogi.
  1. Will you play Mabinogi Duel?16 votes
    1. Yes, I play it
       19% (3 votes)
    2. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Maybe
       6% (1 vote)
    4. Probably not, no
       75% (12 votes)
    5. No, I tried it and didnt like it.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Mabinogi II (Arena) was dropped for this abomination game. :|
    Behelit
  • SavanteSavante
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    edited May 17, 2017
    Because Mabi 2 was an abominable game from the start by deviating from core elements that gave a unique charm to Mabi in the first place.
    ErorservNilrem
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Mabinogi duel for the most part has a separate story from the main game, though some characters like Ferghus are seen.

Like any game that has a gacha system, it takes a while to progress without shelling out real cash, Though you only need good cards if you plan to do pvp, decent cards are more than enough to do daily. Story and draft mode don't even require any of your own cards at all. It's a good game if you're into TCGs but will quickly get boring if you're not.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I honestly don't think this game fits in any of Mabinogi's timelime. For Naga's sake, Tarlach is hanging around with Ruairi, as a bear. And none of them have encountered Glas Ghaibhleann yet.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    I played Mabinogi Duel since its launch in England, though I hardly play it right now. It's an alright little tcg. No plot relevance to Mabinogi and it reuses the unique (silvervine) engine made for the failed Mabinogi 2 (and some art assets) but not much else.
    Its translation was awful last time I played and gave me the greatest laugh I had in a while (Chapter 3 was called "But Elf")
    And the music is very... unique (but good)

If you're a fan of Mabinogi, give it a try, but don't expect Mabinogi.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Mabinogi Duel OST is literally dubstep loooooool. That's so disgusting.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Greta wrote: »

Not all of it, but yeah it's definitely a bizarre soundtrack. This one sounds really familiar...
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    YOU MAKE ME FEEL SO GOOD! O 3O

= w=
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    Casual, Story-mode-only-for-now player. It's fun. A bit disappointing that PC players (Korea only function IIRC) are unable to use gems unless they play on mobile.
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited July 22, 2017

nothing to say,still waiting for a "PC" version of real mabinogi 2
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

That goblin DJ. At first he was funny, but then he kept coming back with the same obnoxious crap...
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Eh no. My friend plays it and I'm just like "get a PC and play the real thing, scrub"
    Kensamaofmari
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited July 31, 2017
    Rayka wrote: »

nothing to say,still waiting for a "PC" version of real mabinogi 2

Well.

Emulate Android I guess.