Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is it wrong to like pineapple pizza?

GentlemenGentlemen
Mabinogi Rep: 3,340
edited July 20, 2017 in Town Square
DEIXPltWAAAtzWh.png
Eq0S5g7.png

:(
[Deleted User]
  1. Is it wrong to like pineapple pizza?58 votes
    1. Yes
       29% (17 votes)
    2. No
       71% (41 votes)

Comments

• 엘소드엘소드
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    MFW Mushrooms are considered as a "best" topping. Seeing as how the only (common) toppings that compliment it are spinach, garlic, and I guess olives.
    Makes your leftover slice look like a soggy bleh after you pull off the foil the next morning.

MFW (roma) tomatoes are included. What, the marinara sauce isn't good enough? How do you find tomatoes 'great', when its practically the same, sans flavor (obvs. pineapple will be a bit sweeter).

Hell, pineapples at least add a contrast to the saltiness of meats, the spice of Jalapenoes, or the crunch of green peppers/onions; bringing a sweet component to enhance the dish. Which reminds me, Jalapeno and Pineapple is amazing, try it when you have the chance and you'll thank me.
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 21, 2017
    There was one guy who kept saying to me "OMG HAWAIIAN PIZZA IS SO TASTY! IT HAS PINEAPPLES ON IT!"
    I was like "Wat...?"
    After a while, i went to restaurant and noticed that same "hawaiian" pizza with pineapple toppings on it and decided to try it out myself just for curiosity.
    It was edible but i only would eat it again if i would be dead hungry or something like that lol. Cheese with pineapples doesn't go very well for me :x

P.S: I HATE OLIVES! That thing is a worst topping on pizza in my opinion :s My favorite topping would probably be ham and mushrooms.
    [Deleted User]
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I have a pineapple, I have a pizza.
    Pineapple pizza

There are those who like Hawaiian pizza and those who don't.
    There are those who like olives on pizza and those who don't.
    There are those who like anchovies on it and those who don't.
    Pizza is a Mediterranean food that was developed for convenience by putting stuff on top of flat bread for quick consumption.
    The combinations are limitless.
    [Deleted User]
  • FairyvoiceFairyvoice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,810
    edited July 21, 2017
    Pineapple doesn't go on anything that isn't a dessert, but I'm biased since I don't like sweet things. Sweet pizza is just... no. Not to mention it infects the flavor of everything it touches... like those cheap fruit trays - if they have pineapple, everything else in there tastes like pineapple.

Not that it's wrong for people to like it, of course - whatever floats your boat.

Also, the best pizza topping is artichoke hearts, in my humble opinion. Although green chiles work really well too.
    Kensamaofmari[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    All pizza lives matter
  • GentlemenGentlemen
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,340
    Spy wrote: »
    All pizza lives matter

peas-and-mayonnaise-pizza-yes-please-p9OCF.jpg
    [Deleted User]KensamaofmaripawcalypseNkeonaNolaichan
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    Ehh... Peas on pizza?

Mayo, at least Japanese mayo, is common enough to be on some of the regular menu pizzas (Even Domino's Japan's has it on their menu [Mayo Jaga]). Then again, they put Japanese mayo on a lot of stuff you don't expect mayo to be found on (to be fair, it's different/sweeter than American Mayo)

[Deleted User]
  • lethalviruslethalvirus
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,720
    The action of adding a yellow sweet fruit called a, pineapple on top of an Italian dish consisting of a dough base covered by "usually" a red tomato sauce, cheese, and other various toppings, does not personally affect me , and I'll tell you why in the following 5 points:

1- Adding a sweet flavor to a dish which regularly does not have anything sweet in its environment has actually worked well in previous food experiments, more notable mentions:

Pickles in a sandwich, sweet chicken, sweet wine in the simmering of fried food, etc.

2- Not everyone has the same likes and palate. Perhaps honorable chef Gordon James Ramsay does not appreciate the intriguing taste of pineapple on a pizza but others mammals do

Points 3, 4, and 5 have been reserved since I already made a strong case with points 1 and 2, thank you very much and you all have a great rest of the day!
    [Deleted User]
    edited July 22, 2017
    The action of adding a yellow sweet fruit called a, pineapple on top of an Italian dish consisting of a dough base covered by "usually" a red tomato sauce, cheese, and other various toppings, does not personally affect me , and I'll tell you why in the following 5 points:

1- Adding a sweet flavor to a dish which regularly does not have anything sweet in its environment has actually worked well in previous food experiments, more notable mentions:

Pickles in a sandwich, sweet chicken, sweet wine in the simmering of fried food, etc.

2- Not everyone has the same likes and palate. Perhaps honorable chef Gordon James Ramsay does not appreciate the intriguing taste of pineapple on a pizza but others mammals do

Points 3, 4, and 5 have been reserved since I already made a strong case with points 1 and 2, thank you very much and you all have a great rest of the day!

Pizza likely had a Greek origin, but who's counting? :D

Speaking of weird combos, I had a spicy chicken sandwich with spinach, basil, cheese and surprisingly bean sprouts!
    [Deleted User]lethalvirus
    Mayonnaise is egg white, oil, vinegar.
    You can add different flavors to it.

There was a sriracha mayo...
    lethalvirus
  • lethalviruslethalvirus
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,720
    My sparkling eyes rejoice in joy as I contemplate fellow forumers such as: hardened muscular mass and Ken high status of the mari server make a spontaneous use of word play and/or word definitions in their subtle yet fascinating sentences.

For this and many other reasons I, deadly infective agent, will mark your majestic posts with a symbol, which can be described as a closed fist with its thumb pointing up, such symbol represents agreement, approval and support towards your written post.

This symbol will also bring happiness in your life since sapiens tend to smile when other mammals agree with them.
    [Deleted User]
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I do not like pineapples on the pizza... however, I don't care if you like it or not because I'm not going to throw a rage-fit over it.

However, I do really enjoy pepperoni, salami, pickles, banana peppers, and tomatoes on the white pizza.
    edited July 24, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    I do not like pineapples on the pizza... however, I don't care if you like it or not because I'm not going to throw a rage-fit over it.

However, I do really enjoy pepperoni, salami, pickles, banana peppers, and tomatoes on the white pizza.

How about with spam, bacon, sausage, egg, spam, bacon, sausage, bacon, and spam?
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I don't care what insane toppings people put on their pizza, as long as they're not forcing me to eat it. Or they're eating it in front of me. That's just rude.
  • TiernieTiernie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Gentlemen wrote: »
    DEIXPltWAAAtzWh.png
    Eq0S5g7.png

:(

YES
    What is everyone's opinion on breakfast pizza?
  • TiernieTiernie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    edited July 25, 2017

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....breakfast pizza.
    Tiernie wrote: »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....breakfast pizza.
    breakfast_pizza_hero_horizontal-800x648.jpg
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited July 26, 2017
    No.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    anby00E_700b.jpg
    XiokunPlatinaKoki