Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Resolved] Nexon Launcher Installation

RobitxRobitx
Mabinogi Rep: 720
edited December 25, 2016 in Technical Support
I know I should submit a ticket but I want to put this up on the forums and see if anybody else had the same issue at some point.

I have a Windows 10 OS and recent downloaded the installer for the Nexon Launcher. I ran the program and it went smoothly up until it created the Uninstall.exe. Afterwards it says it's Executing the vcredit.exe program, but it's stuck like that. I tried deleting the files it made and reinstall it, I tried to download a new installer, but the same thing happens everytime. Can somebody help me with this?

Comments

• RobitxRobitx
    wow thanks for the reply, but I wasn't able to install any of the 2005 packages. It kept closing out after I accepted the agreement. I have everything else so far but it's still doing the same problem.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 25, 2016
    did you restart your pc yet after installing them?
    Robitx[Deleted User]
  • RobitxRobitx
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

did you restart your pc yet after installing them?
    I have yes and the problem still persists. I'm not quite sure if I'm missing anything because this is a fairly new computer but I do know that everything is up to date. my Nvidia GTX 1070 drivers are updated, I have DirectX 12, and I have all of the C++ files Hardmuscle provided except for the 2005 files. Don't know why it doesn't let me install the 2005 ones either. So I guess my two main problems are
    1. Unable to finish Nexon Launcher Installation
    2. Unable to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable x86 and x64

I'm going to try to use Steam for Mabinogi and hopefully that works.
  • RobitxRobitx
    edited December 25, 2016
    Hardmuscle

Not only did I forget to mention rebooting your computer, I also forgot to mention running the installers as Administrator (if you have issues). I just removed both of the 2005s and reinstalled them from the links (for test), they worked fine. If you still want them, right-click their installers and choose 'run as Administrator'. ☺ ~ Did the Nexon Launcher install properly after rebooting your system?
    I also tried running the installers as admin and it still closes out after I accept the agreement.
  • RobitxRobitx
    Actually I just found out that they're still running in the background... I swear to god I hate Windows 10...
    [Deleted User]
  • RobitxRobitx
    I removed every file Nexon Launcher Installer has installed, tried again, and the problem still persists.
  • RobitxRobitx
    couple days ago and yes I have Mcfee running but I'm sure I allowed the installer thru the firewall
  • RobitxRobitx
    I turned the net guard off for the installer and it still gets stuck at

Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher
    Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher\Uninstall.exe
    Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher
    Extract: nexon_launcher.exe... 100%
    Extract: nexon_launcher.pak... 100%
    Extract: logo.ico... 100%
    Extract: Thirdparty_legal_notices_for Nexon_Launcher.docx... 100%
    Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher\uninstall.exe
    msvcr80.dll=0
    Execute: "C:\Users\Rabbit\AppData\Local\Temp\nsu58B5.tmp\vcredist.exe" /q:a /c:"VCREDI~3.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /q"" "

idk if Im able to disable mcfee without it messing up on me
  • RobitxRobitx
    Alright I finally got it working, thank you HardMuscle, GM Marezi, and everybody else for the help ^^
    [Deleted User]