Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Such a friendly Ruairi server :)

XunterXunter
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited July 29, 2017 in General Chat
-removed-

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited July 27, 2017
    Friendly as ever!
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    That screenshot is just Mabi's chat in populated areas, period. A million party shopping messages, only a single person replying to things. In fact, do people even use the Party thing to recruit other people to run things anymore, or is it just used for buying and selling stuff now?
    Kensamaofmari
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    well that person is charming i bet they only play with people that can do 100000k damage with a rock throw and spends all of their money and an arm and leg on reforges.
    DanievictriaKensamaofmariZeoNilremHiroki05XiokunKaruiexGoldtiger01PolicromaSherri
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    That screenshot is just Mabi's chat in populated areas, period. A million party shopping messages, only a single person replying to things. In fact, do people even use the Party thing to recruit other people to run things anymore, or is it just used for buying and selling stuff now?

To be fair some do but it's mostly for jokes or selling stuff now most people (at least that i have seen lately) will use the quest help thing if they want people to do something or will only do it with friends/people they know.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Only party name I use to run things is "Bloop."
    JJ
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yikes... this is why I don't really like to run with those kind of people... as someone who is 18k total... I actually enjoy carrying some people in for stuffs such as G1 and G3, some Adv HM dungeons, etc...
    courtneyyNilremHiroki05Policroma
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Can't stand people like that.

ZeoNilremHiroki05Policroma
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Pssh. U can solo MA with just divine link and L-rod. U don't need em.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Rhey wrote: »
    Pssh. U can solo MA with just divine link and L-rod. U don't need em.

Some people prefer their bare fists.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited July 27, 2017
    Welcome to MMOs. >_>

I routinely get kicked out of parties for not being in the party's little clique, despite me being total level 16k+ and probably able to solo whatever they're doing.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    I don't like soloing on most missions because it's too much work. I rather be in a party to finish things fast and effective. I don't do MA unless I have it as a GM quest.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 27, 2017
    Aww how sweet ♥

There's a huge contrast with the old and lonely who get bored enough to carry, and the young hotshots that play the elitism game ;)

Question is, can they carry in a timely manner, or does it take them a loooooooong while?
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Things like this make me appreciate the low population that is Tarlach.
    Here it pretty much comes down to:

"Can you deal moderate damage and not die?"
    "Yes."
    "Welcome to the group."

That and MA carries so low levels can get AP needed for growth.

No point in such elitism in mabi outside of things like Phantasm, which requires endgame players anyway.

If you carry a good player and get them enough AP, you will eventually notice they no longer need to be carried.
    And they learned exactly how to succeed from you.
    A low level you help could one day be your next friend in a raid or major dungeon run.
    Friendly cooperation goes a long way.
    JJAellPolicromaYokkaichi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    yNiBv8S.gif
    Nilrem
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Greta wrote: »
    yNiBv8S.gif

everytime
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 28, 2017
    Oh don't mind him. I'll carry you. ^_^

There's no point in restricting newbs like this. We NEED them to level and gain ap so that they CAN one day be able to carry themselves and support the server. Carry a newb people, it's not going to hurt you.

Also please edit and change the image of the url to this: http://i.imgur.com/MTxnAvY.png Your thread could be considered harassment to that player.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Back when I wasn't Xiokun and I was a weak little elf who tried to fight with only transformation mastery at rank 6 and no other skill ranked up, (Yes. I tried. I had big dreams and no clue about how to properly play this game), I got this all the time; ridicule and disgust and no one wanting to help me after a while. Then I got tired of it, started as a giant, and now I carry people who are weaker than me if they want it? You know why? Because I was in their shoes. I needed help and I couldn't do it alone. Even though I was being carried back then I still tried to heal and bandage my party members. Today I carry people with a smile on my face because it makes me proud to see how far I've come and it makes me happy to know that they're happy they're getting through an SM, Dungeon, or what have you without having to rage at their computer screen. Carrying people who can't carry themselves is the entire reason I wanted to be strong and overpowered. Not for being selfish and decline people just so I can solo the entire game on a game that was meant to be ran with several people.
    TheNyanCatDanievictria
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I just don't understand why people feel the need to be the reason this game isn't noob friendly, even though we gain ap literally three times faster and pretty much start with 300 ap it still takes a long time for a new player to stand on their own feet. There are enough skills and content to plow through that would take years so they could catch up with the rest of the population, yet people look down on others because they haven't played for as long as them, that to me is disgusting. I started this game several years ago and I still remember how it felt to be starved of ap, dirt poor and to top it all off absolutely clueless when it came to a game where just about every player played this game with a dedicated wikipedia opened at all times in the background.

This game is difficult enough as it is, don't be part of the reason noobs uninstall.
    PolicromaKensamaofmariCrimsọnDanievictriaYokkaichiSherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 28, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Carry a newb people, it's not going to hurt you.

> Carrries newb through RHMADV

> Newbs chest spawns RS

> beautiful.gif"C-Ca-Can I...have...that...?"

> Newb: "Sure...for 10m."payup.gif

> omfg.gif

> /Solonogi4lyfe
    CarlizeTheNyanCat
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    This is why I want to change servers. Quite frankly, nobody on Ruairi is friendly. Maybe a couple people I met have been friendly, but for the most part, everyone is kind of a jerk. :(
    Greta