Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

less pay too get rich / win

CladeanCladean
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Feedback and Suggestions
I always get soon upset cuz of how pay too win this game it... how is it I have been playing for soo long an I'm at 5k but ppl can join an in a matter of 3 months be at 19k cuz spam buying rebirth pots / getting them from gachas . that's not even it reforges pets wing acc armor and astetic clothing are all pay I mean u can buy them in game from other players but when u are poor in game an don't have gacha items too sell cuz u got non wht u ganna do grind for eternity for 30mil too get some wings atleast have it that good stuff drop rarly indungeons (idk wht I'm even saying tbh)

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    This game is not pay to win. Everything in the cash shop is tradeable, and you can buy the items with ingame gold and players can sell it. Every single game has a cash shop. It's not hard to make money also. Get a shadow wizard party together and spam. Run MA, run dungeons, sell holy water and gems. This game would only be pay to win if, the only way to obtain cash items was to buy them from the cash shop and not with gold.
    GretaNegumikoLeineiIchitouSherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    This game is not pay to win. Everything in the cash shop is tradeable, and you can buy the items with ingame gold and players can sell it. Every single game has a cash shop. It's not hard to make money also. Get a shadow wizard party together and spam. Run MA, run dungeons, sell holy water and gems. This game would only be pay to win if, the only way to obtain cash items was to buy them from the cash shop and not with gold.

well everything except for pets but even those can be sold for gold in game when they release the pet medal item once or twice a year. plus they often give out pets free pets for some events and a free nimbus pet is usually obtainable from a event at least once a year so not all of them are just for extra inventory. compared to a lot of other mmos mabi has one of the best and most fair cash shops. just about everything can be sold for gold, even new rare outfits. as for making gold in game there are lots of ways to earn gold fast if you explore and find good places to farm.
    Greta
  • InfighterInfighter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    edited July 25, 2017
    To me, NX in this game is a way to get new items and content first than everyone or with ease. Eventually the gacha items and clothings overload the market and it'll lose value, and then that's your opportunity to buy gach stuff from other players with your gold. The only things I've bought with nx has been pets and character cards.

Just run lord missions with potent crystals, shadow missions, spam sidhes dungeon (fairly short and gives very good exp), else run commerce and sell those 5m ducat stuff, etc.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Also, if you're lower-leveled, you can spam Albey Red Gem Dungeon in Tir Na Nog and hunt Skeleton (Normal, Red, Metal) and Mimic Scrolls to help you earn some gold.
    Sherri
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    Mabi isn't p2w however the option to do so is clearly available. Anyone can p2w in mabi if they wanted to (stares at the most recent cash shop bundle). The people that do go for this route naturally have the advantage compared to those who don't.
    But hey its like this for most mmos :> what can you do

considering that OP is 5K ttl, you should be able "spam" HM dungeons with guildies and friends for the better mats & enchants to sell.
    I heard squires is good money also? (im too lazy to check on them so I wouldn't know)

also do take advantage of events, they're good money depending on the event
  • YuenSanYuenSan
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    I wonder how much of the population has bought a pet or gacha. I'd love to see the analytics during new/cycled item times.
  • CscrimsonCscrimson
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    I agree with OP in the sense that some of the cash shop stuff is so over priced it's absurd. 7$ for enchant protection potions when enchant has an abysmal success rate? Trade unlock potions for 4$? Also gear packages like the new one that cost almost 80$? Do you know how many games you can buy for 80$? Hell you can buy groceries for a week with 80$. It just seems like nexon treats NA players like cash cows and tries to milk us for everything we are worth. Meanwhile we get watered down content compared to what KR gets.
    SherriAykazmie
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It's not designed to be a p2w because there is nothing to win at.
    The sense of winning is just a personal psychological thinking that there is something to win.
    But in order to make money, they have to put in items that supposedly makes it easier to play or rewarding in some other way.
    No one has to buy anything to play efficiently, but with the bandwagon effect; it's easy to be lured into spending on the game.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    since your 5k and maybe can do shadow mission Hardmode of the Shadow wizard with a party who can hold there own spreading out on the map clearing each checkpoint could rack you 1.5 million gold per week o 3o

takes a long time but there is that option to make if you want to buy rebirth potions.

Ive heard players making insane gold from it with there advanced tactic brief for each run as a group making about 15~20 million gold per week or even more....