Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do people step 6 their weapons?

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
edited July 26, 2017 in Help
I have recently started to dabble in this part of Mabi and feel like it's pretty impossible to step 6 weapon by myself :/ I know for cheap weapon, people blow up their weapons, but before even going to that, you need hundreds of proficiency. And also lots of stones for step 5-ing them which I also found impossible to do since I can't even pass step 2 without lucky stones.

Do people really keep remaking the same weapon over and over again to step 5 and then praying that one of them will go to step 6?

And before the step 6 protection stone that can be purchased during the peddler event, I understand that protection stones are rarely given out right? Do everyone just risk blowing up their expensive weapon like a CRK to get to step 6? I see a lot of people having step 6 weapons, they are so common that I don't understand how they achieve it so easily. I only tried twice step 6-ing my CRK with 2 protection stones, but I failed both :'(

Is making a step 6 weapon from scratch more expensive than buying a premade one from other players then?

Comments

• GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    I personally wait for events to give out lucky and protection stones - v-; lately they come quite frequent throughout the year in events and what not :'>...
    I've gotten five step 6 weapons without breaking my bank due to my patience with the lucky/protection stones

I usually try to push for step 4 then I use the lucky stones to get to step 5, then use a protection stone for an attempt at step 6. If I fail then I usually wait for the next event with a protection stone.

Other people can be happy go lucky and spam regular stones if they have the money for it.
    But for expensive weapons like CRK I think people wait for stones like I do.

If the weapon is s6 pre enchanted and pre reforged then yeah go for it LOL... its way cheaper than spamming reforges and enchant protection potions your self imho :')
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    All my step 6's (all three of 'em, woohoo~) were just regular stones on things that I thought, 'Yeah, I'll only cry a little but I'll get over it'.

I'd suggest you use the above poster's suggestions though, unless you like livin' on the edge.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I managed to get a step 6 celtic staff using (I think, it's been a while,) regular blue stones. It just never failed so I took it one step further. Swords, however, have always been a gamble and a fight for me to get to step 5. I think it might depend on the weapon type to some degree, but I could have just been insanely lucky (that staff is never going to be step 7, I don't trust it anymore).
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Most of my weapons were r5'd during that one event where you didn't lose ranks from a failed upgrade.

They should totally bring that event back btw :U