Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

High Fashion

MaiaMaia
Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
in General Chat
Does anyone know how many items have to be collected in the dressing room for it to register as 5 stars, 4 stars, etc? I always assumed that if 1 item is collected it jumps from 0 stars to 5. Then something like 1-10 is 5 stars, 10 to something is 4, etc.

Comments

• ShiftyShifty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    o.O?
  • MaiaMaia
    Shifty wrote: »
    o.O?

Essentially I'm asking: How many of a specific item are needed to be collected in the dressing room before its rarity drops 1 star. For example, these two items have different rarities.

17c86fb2b8.png
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    It is a blend of cryptic algorithms and black magic that nobody I know of has managed to reverse engineer.
    NilremKensamaofmariVimiWolfandWolfSherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited August 2, 2017
    Maia wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many items have to be collected in the dressing room for it to register as 5 stars, 4 stars, etc? I always assumed that if 1 item is collected it jumps from 0 stars to 5. Then something like 1-10 is 5 stars, 10 to something is 4, etc.

@Maia

It's the game's dev's own assigned rarity of that item. It's to let players know if what they collected is "Rare" or not. In other words...a value reference. Once someone collects a copy it'll unlock the items wardrobe's rarity server wide. Well that's the most reasonable theory behind this anomaly so far that I've heard of...Me personally I think...

tumblr_m5cweez1an1qg84pq.gif
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Rhey wrote: »
    Maia wrote: »

@Maia

It's the game's dev's own assigned rarity of that item. It's to let players know if what they collected is "Rare" or not. In other words...a value reference. Once someone collects a copy it'll unlock the items wardrobe's rarity server wide. Well that's the most reasonable theory behind this anomaly so far that I've heard of...Me personally I think...

tumblr_m5cweez1an1qg84pq.gif

That would explain why white angle wing's stars are so low but say my Eluned Tea Dress (M) is max stars. Everyone loves the white angel wings and wears/keeps them in their dressing room often where as the dress... I don't even think many people have it compared to the normal female one. :s
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Many NPC shop clothes are also 5-stars in the dressing room because no one buys them and then collects them in the dressing room.
  • RheyRhey
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Many NPC shop clothes are also 5-stars in the dressing room because no one buys them and then collects them in the dressing room.

I do. :*
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

Yeah I'm trying to get that title you get from collecting clothes~
    Rhey
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 3, 2017
    When you get so much fashion it finally makes you go high:

oAdgio3.jpg
  • RheyRhey

@WolfandWolf

My friend...you are embarking on a long and hazardous journey. The road of the fabulous fashionogi will break U if you're not prepared. :*

Skirts/frills/skimpyUndergarments/mini-shorts 4 days~!

WolfandWolf
  • MaiaMaia
    Ah, so nobody really knows? I assumed it was based on either how many are collected in the dressing room at a given time or how many unique items have been collected to date (regardless of whether they're taken back out or not). I also assumed it was only periodically updated rather than on the spot because you can collect stuff and not see the stars change.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Are we talking about the quality system for tailored and blacksmithed items?
  • MaiaMaia
    Gaea wrote: »
    Are we talking about the quality system for tailored and blacksmithed items?

not at all
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited August 4, 2017

@WolfandWolf

My friend...you are embarking on a long and hazardous journey. The road of the fabulous fashionogi will break U if you're not prepared. :*

Skirts/frills/skimpyUndergarments/mini-shorts 4 days~!

@Rhey

Yep! And I'm willing to face any obstacle to get to my goal >:D

It's gonna be a long haul, I know, but I figure if I stick to cheap stuff and only buy expensive if it's an outfit I really want, then I can at least not go bankrupt. A lot of people have been selling old outfits, shoes, and hats for pocket change in the market channel, for which I am grateful for~ <3
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    if no one knows cant a ticket be sent to find out the info... thats what a help desk is for....
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    The help desk usually doesn't know their own game. As evident by a few stories being told around here.
  • MaiaMaia
    Yeah I'm not convinced anyone at the help desk has played the game lol I doubt they would be able to answer the question