Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Option to Transfer Servers

SamuelalexSamuelalex
Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
edited August 3, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
This proposal is to make it possible for players and their pets to transfer either in part or their whole account to another server. This would help players make new friends and find active parties for raids and events without losing their progress or items. In another game I play players are allowed to pick which server they login under and there are multiple channels available including beginner channels for low levels needing help and also channels for pvp tournements among others. In addition to being able to transfer to a different server possible once per character or once per account the player should have more channel options to help them connect with others. The designated shop channel is always laggy with a vast number of afkers while the other channels seem to be sparce so this transfer would help bring activity back and in many ways give people a chance to reconnect to mabi and the members.

If a single character is transfered all assests tied to them would also be transfered including things such as
- personalized items
- Items from dressing room can be selected which to transfer and which to keep
- Items in bank can be selected to either transfer or keep including gold to help with the move over
- If they are a guild owner they have option to move the guild over which would keep all the progress made (keep the guild hall and guild stone as is with all unlocked features). If guild leader decides this members of the guild would be notified to rejoin the guild under the new server.
- pets can be selected which ones to keep or transfer. Transfered pets would include all items in their inventory.

If entire account is selected all assests are transfered including pets, characters, items and gold. This would be more complicated but allow for someone to have a fresh start in a new server and make new friends. I may have forgotten some things so feel free to comment below your ideas and suggestions.
xNyuMasterGoon

Comments

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Maybe fresh start is the wrong words to use. Hmm how should I explain. For example if you have had diffculty with the community in one sever maybe transfering to another would help make game more friendly? Theres also the state of inactivity in the game as a whole which transfering to a more populated server might help fix as well. Kinda like meeting a fresh new set of people to enjoy the game with and find fun things to do together ^^ Ive heard the market varies quite a bit on different servers as well so that could be a problem. Maybe items transfered should be soul bound to the account so that they cant be sold or traded to anyone other that the alternate characters of the same account which are part of the same server.
  • OligarchyOligarchy
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    While I'm not entirely against this, or for this, as it's not much different than a server merge (aside from being on a per character/per pet basis); it seems to me... a fresh start would include the use of a fresh character (or a fresh pet).

~ It's hard to imagine a total level 13000 moving from Tarlach to Alexina for a "Fresh Start"......

I don't understand why you're so against people wanting to go to other servers. Tarlach, Ruairi, and Mari are all dead. It's ridiculous. I wish someone would finally listen and let us play with a large population again.

I totally understand OP's point. If we had the option of transferring servers, then those who wish to stay on their servers can. Those of us that want to play with a larger playerbase can server xfer and then everyone wins, right? (:
    Greta
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Deleting and remaking characters would be very bad for me because Ive been playing for 8 years and have many rare pets that likely wont come out again so Im hoping to make a transfer without losing progress or the items that Ive obtained over the years. Basically just change the server I access though but keep everything else within logic like friendslist would be cleared as well as guild directory unless people agree to transfer server as well to rejoin.

To solve the naming issue I would suggest that during the transfer you would have to pick name like when you make a character. If its available you can use it otherwise you would be asked to pick another name. Could be an opportunity to rename your characters and pets as well if you wish to do so ^^
    FalskullDanievictriaGreta
  • FoxieeFoxiee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    KR, Already has a system like this for MABINOGI. We just need it moved here please :)
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    Well, What your really asking for is a server merge because even if you could transfer characters over you would still run into the issue of multiple same name. I personally like the Alexina sever and would not want to change my name if someone from another server had the same name. I agree with a server merge type of deal of all 4 servers being merged into 1 server with 14-28 channels and name the server "Gaelic". The current servers are vastly different such as Ruairi server has a ton of rude people in it for just running missions/dungeons, then you have Tarlach server more Aggressive marketing community, Mari server having a much older player base. And Alexina has a larger population due to it being newer then the other 3.

One Server is far easier manage then 4, It would decrease the Lag/latency that people get with delay and rubber banding or with monster displacement. This would also allow for maintenance to be faster and be more consistent. It would fix the in game market prices due to more player, since the current player base is quite low from what it used to be 5+ years ago, which would encourage players to buy more NX Since the game having a larger growing market with more rare items being in the same server the market would have a higher demand especially with Gachapons various item Grabs.

Now for naming issue the characters who has been in the game longer whether Play Time or Creation Date would be able to keep their name and free name change coupons would be given to those who's name was creation at a later time period or those who don't play those characters(alts). Names for characters would a separate name pool from the pet names allowing more names to be made/used.
    New NX items Name Change Coupon 9k NX. Pet Name Change 3k NX.

The only downside to this would be the time, money. and effort spent getting this accomplished. Once done it would improve the overall gaming experience for Mabinogi.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited August 3, 2017
    I'm gonna say no on this too. I'd rather a server merge than a server transfer. People with money will slowly transfer out of the less populated servers and go to Alexina, that is if they don't really mind starting over. This will leave the other servers even more empty, and will alienate the people left behind, who will eventually just leave the game. I prefer that it be a one and done deal; merge the servers or just keep things as they are. On that note, I'm not for one big server either (for reasons that Hardmuscle has already explained in this thread and the Server Merge thread). Rather, I think this suggestion would be something nicer to implement, rather than having a forced server merge when not everyone is for it.

In the latest stream, Saygo and Nkeona also said that there has been no discussion concerning a server merge either; I'd like to think that Nexon has more problems they have to take care of before dealing with that topic.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    I'm gonna say no on this too. I'd rather a server merge than a server transfer. People with money will slowly transfer out of the less populated servers and go to Alexina, that is if they don't really mind starting over. This will leave the other servers even more empty, and will alienate the people left behind, who will eventually just leave the game. I prefer that it be a one and done deal; merge the servers or just keep things as they are. On that note, I'm not for one big server either (for reasons that Hardmuscle has already explained in this thread and the Server Merge thread). Rather, I think this suggestion would be something nicer to implement, rather than having a forced server merge when not everyone is for it.

In the latest stream, Saygo and Nkeona also said that there has been no discussion concerning a server merge either; I'd like to think that Nexon has more problems they have to take care of before dealing with that topic.

That's kind of selfish reason to not let others decide if they want to spend their money to move out to other servers or not. Just let them add this Server Transfer thingy, rich ones will waste few hundreds for it which will definitely give a nice profit for Nexon and maybe they will finally do Server Merge/Server Upgrade... :p
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    edited August 7, 2017
    Wont server merge make the lag issues worse? Im not sure which servers would be combined but imaing one server for all the players would be a nightmare. Imagine belvast in every town all the time. Worse imagine trying to get a shop setup in dunby or belvast. All channels would turn into shop channels due to lack of space making it literally first come first serve and some shops never seem to close (carpet shops) while housing Id imagine would be restricted as well.

They could add more channels possibily but I would perfer to have the option to transfer to a better server with more active people then possibly be merged into another server which may hold the same problems as before with inactive people ect. Im hoping this thread will be an alternative to a server merge which may benefit those who are merged to alexina but not neccessarly benefit those who are say merged to less popular servers.

Also not everyone may want to move so it should be a voluntary thing (which you pay nx for) to transfer characters and pets to targeted server. If you buy the coupon your able to do it, but you also have the option not to buy it and stay where you are.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    It seems server merge maybe more popular option, but I'm still hoping that we can choose if we are moved to another server or not via some kind of item we buy in the NX shop. Say if its a coupon upon buying it you would get to pick which place to transfer to so that way its up to the player what happens. Some may not want to move while others could want to. I'm not sure about the server move myself because it could cause more lag and more problems if everyone is suddenly shifted over at once. If you have item people can buy instead it would make the move less sudden and hopefully more gradual meaning people would do it over time rather than in a massive group.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Bumping this up so hopefully this can be considered as a suggestion to allow players the option to transfer their characters, pets, and belonging (in whole) to another server if they wish to do so. If this is made optional it will give more players the choice either to pick a new server or stay where they are. No everyone will want to move or merge with another server since this may cause even more problems such as higher traffic from afkers making greater lag being felt server wide. Lets give the players a choice what they think is best for them if it means moving to another server which maybe more active or staying where they are to be with the friends they know already.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Yep but keeping threads active helps people take notice and gain support of ideas posted which is the purpose of bumping them up. People may not have noticed them the first time or in this case the threads were pushed down toward the bottom and almost next page which means they might be seen at all. Active threads are often seen by more people and possibly gain more support is the short answer and theres nothing wrong with that XD
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    So I heard recently Korea got a coupon to let you move servers so Im wondering what the delay is to release it in NA? Mari server seems to be losing members at an alarming rate probably due to all the hostility and obsessive competition there making it unfriendly and unwelcoming. Ive heard other servers are a lot more friendly and have a better over all community of folks willing to help and do events and dungeons. Can a moderator check when this feature will be added to NA since it is already available in Korea?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Nope. /endthread
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Oligarchy wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    While I'm not entirely against this, or for this, as it's not much different than a server merge (aside from being on a per character/per pet basis); it seems to me... a fresh start would include the use of a fresh character (or a fresh pet).

~ It's hard to imagine a total level 13000 moving from Tarlach to Alexina for a "Fresh Start"......

I don't understand why you're so against people wanting to go to other servers. Tarlach, Ruairi, and Mari are all dead. It's ridiculous. I wish someone would finally listen and let us play with a large population again.

I totally understand OP's point. If we had the option of transferring servers, then those who wish to stay on their servers can. Those of us that want to play with a larger playerbase can server xfer and then everyone wins, right? (:

No, because if enough people move, then a server's population might be low enough to force a server merge, which would only exaccerbate the problem.

And stop using the Tarlach/Ruairi/Mari server is dead comment. Its false, and only makes you look ignorant.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    So I heard recently Korea got a coupon to let you move servers so Im wondering what the delay is to release it in NA? Mari server seems to be losing members at an alarming rate probably due to all the hostility and obsessive competition there making it unfriendly and unwelcoming. Ive heard other servers are a lot more friendly and have a better over all community of folks willing to help and do events and dungeons. Can a moderator check when this feature will be added to NA since it is already available in Korea?

There's no guarantee that such a thing will come here.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I come to throw in my useless cents and I smell hostility. o 3 o

An option to transfer sounds good I guess. I'm afraid it'll cause everyone to move to Alexina but eh, way better than merging servers.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    You're welcome to PM me if you want the details but I've been facing a lot of hostility on Mari lately including the forums so I feel server transfer maybe in order to be away from the responsible individuals. I'd rather be on a server where they are not, as I'm sure many others would who have faced harassment by others over petty things. I'd even be willing to pay for the transfer provided certain people dont follow me afterward which would be really creepy and uncomfortable.

I guess the short answer is a lot of my old friends have quit Mari and maybe Mabi all together making it feel more lonely and deserted. I'd rather be with active people that want to run stuff every day and do fun and silly things together like I did in my early days of mabi a long long time ago XD, In the beginning, Mari has a lot more active people hanging around and willing to jump in and help people with their quests. I mean I knew at least four royal alchemists back in the early years who came on everyday and would join me on quests just for the fun of it. It's so empty feeling now though.

I frequently do commerce and notice maybe two people at most on my channel so it seems like the server is pretty deserted for whatever reason. I was told Alexina is a lot more lively these days, but I wouldnt know since I havent joined there yet. I dont know where I'd transfer too but hopefully, the server would receive me welcomingly and help me do fun things in Mabi again <3
    Zadrozny
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 20, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    You're welcome to PM me if you want the details but I've been facing a lot of hostility on Mari lately including the forums so I feel server transfer maybe in order to be away from the responsible individuals. I'd rather be on a server where they are not, as I'm sure many others would who have faced harassment by others over petty things. I'd even be willing to pay for the transfer provided certain people dont follow me afterward which would be really creepy and uncomfortable.

I guess the short answer is a lot of my old friends have quit Mari and maybe Mabi all together making it feel more lonely and deserted. I'd rather be with active people that want to run stuff every day and do fun and silly things together like I did in my early days of mabi a long long time ago XD, In the beginning, Mari has a lot more active people hanging around and willing to jump in and help people with their quests. I mean I knew at least four royal alchemists back in the early years who came on everyday and would join me on quests just for the fun of it. It's so empty feeling now though.

I frequently do commerce and notice maybe two people at most on my channel so it seems like the server is pretty deserted for whatever reason. I was told Alexina is a lot more lively these days, but I wouldnt know since I havent joined there yet. I dont know where I'd transfer too but hopefully, the server would receive me welcomingly and help me do fun things in Mabi again <3

Says the one who actually does the same thing to others lol.

Karma, i guess?
    [Deleted User]
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    edited August 21, 2017
    You like many others have been told false information about me to damage my reputation and character by someone seeking to defame me and destroy me because she is jealous and is no longer able to control me to get what she wants. I am free of her manipulations and no longer being used for expensive items like wings, armors (particularly royal knight armor she tried to guilt trip people to give her for free) and other rare things valuing billions of gold. Sorry but Im no ones cash cow and I work to benefit my friends not myself. If you knew the real truth you like many others would not be encouraging her to continue this abusive behavior so she turns things against me and make me the bad guy to justify all the horrible things she does to get where she is. I dont have to lie and manipulate others to have friends and have a good time ^^

When this server transfer gets approved I will finally be away from these defaming and harassing people so I can make friends and enjoy Mabi again without them stalking me and spreading lies to stroke their egos. Alls you have to do is look at recruitment thread for proof of that. They post to every single thread so not just me but no other guilds can't gain members either. Then if the person rejects them they give out "recommendations" of their friends guilds which they are members of in this discord channels so they can still have contact with the person and try to convince them to join later by doing events with them. Mari is a monopoly thanks to these people making new and upcoming guilds suffer because of of obsessive competition that does not exist anywhere else because these people do not exist anywhere else (including in the other games I play where I am not harassed on the forums or degraded in game so I cant make friends or expand my guild). Truth is this hositily is a violation of the TOS and her friends could be banned for engagding in it. They could lose their accounts supporting this behavior. Being her friend does not give you the right to bully me and degrade me so I can not have friends and have a sucessful guild in Mabi so stop attacking me to help her and focus on this issue here.

Server transfer is needed because of inactivity and in my case hostility by certian folks who cant move on. We want to be around active and friendly people and Mari is no longer either for me with the exception of many 10 supportive friends I do have. I want to make more friends that will help me enjoy mabi for what it is a game to be played with others.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Oh and watch her try to get this thread closed too like she does all my other ones lol I guess I am not allowed to make suggestions or have my voice heard in this community anymore hm? Seems a little one sided that me and my friends are not given the same opportunities as her and her friends are but thats just an observation on my part. Everyone has a right to post here with their ideas and gain support from the community in hopes the staff will forward such ideas for consideration. I dont know how popular a thread must be before it is sent over but this is something that is desperately needed so I hope we do not have to wait 6 months or more before it is decided if it can be sent or not (most likely wont be because its me saying it though in theory) but we shall wait and see and hope I guess.
This discussion has been closed.