Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best Water Alchemy Reforges/Enchants/Gear?

Caractacus4Caractacus4
Mabinogi Rep: 750
in Help
I've always used alchemy doing decent damage, but now im trying to max my output.

If im trying to focus Water Cannon as my main damage source, what would be the ideal enchants/reforges on my gear to have the best damage output?

As of right now i have [Rain Cast Water Cannon Damage 20] on my armor. (Just got it last night, pretty excited about it)
On my boots i have [Rain Cast Cooldown 9]. I was hoping for a higher rank but even with level 9 i can keep a constant cloud up, which is what i was going for.

As for enchants i don't have any. I had a Moist Ripple Tidal Wave Cylinder but i ended up making it BU years ago. Just now figuring out i should do red. So i have to make a new cylinder, likely going to make/buy a Demonic Abyss Cylinder and RU it.

I probably should have gotten a Cressida Set with at least the Water Cannon set effect on it, but i instead used a dollar store set that was already rank 1, trying to save myself some IRL cost with the Credne Reforges. Right now i am running an Tara Infantry Helm, Dark Knight Armor/Boots, and i don't have any rank 1 gloves yet.

The body and the boots I'm not looking to change because i got the reforges i wanted for a constant cloud and the rain cast water cannon damage. As for any other changes I'm all ears.

Server: Ruairi
IGN: Caractacus

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited August 3, 2017
    Some 2 cents. Raincast duration+Water damage lvl 20 on a Demonic abyss is also highly reccommended. Get seething onto a cressida set and apply water drop to everything(all slots). Then get another moist tidal wave rebis/guard cylinder. ;)

Ps. Also get two of the special accs with the water related enchant + water cannon+water alch+Rain cast boost on both of them 3-L r1 acc. B)
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Ripple would be a better choice over applying to all equips.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Hear me out here, If you weren't so dead set on it already I'd say stop now...but I'll provide the advice to make it better.

If you're aiming to use water cannon as a main damage source you're going to have to focus on heat buster and ele wave buster a lot. With the speed of chain cylinder and water cannon alone you'll want to supplement the chain with as many heatbusters as you can get your hands on. And it is for that reason I'd suggest looking into a Celtic Tetra Cylinder. With it you'll be able to have good heat buster damage and great WC damaage. It will also make your ele wave buster much better and clearing waves.

Overall except it to be pretty bad even when you get fully geared. But most of all, enjoy the journey and enjoy playing.
  • cacaman13cacaman13
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Well as for a stand point, you would want to max out your entire MP slot, DON'T enchant Magical or anything MP based onto your alchemy gear because MP is easy to max out. Once you do that just try to get a good abyss cylinder and do not use the Tetra for damage. It is a ultilty cylinder lol as in its for rain casting,Hydra,Frozen blast and other support alch skills but not for damage but anyways for water cannon reforge wise you wanna roll a water alchemic damage reforge since it is stronger than water cannon max but hey if you roll a dual reforge that's even better.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    cacaman13 wrote: »
    Well as for a stand point, you would want to max out your entire MP slot, DON'T enchant Magical or anything MP based onto your alchemy gear because MP is easy to max out. Once you do that just try to get a good abyss cylinder and do not use the Tetra for damage. It is a ultilty cylinder lol as in its for rain casting,Hydra,Frozen blast and other support alch skills but not for damage but anyways for water cannon reforge wise you wanna roll a water alchemic damage reforge since it is stronger than water cannon max but hey if you roll a dual reforge that's even better.

I don't think you understand how alchemy works. You will have a lower WC max damage output, but you are only losing 18 WC damage and 6% Water alchemy damage. You you gain (vs a demonic abyss) 42% fire alchemy damage. Cylinder efficiency is also better than anything else in terms of the alchemy damage equation. When actively using WC as a main damage source you get one chain cylinder per 10 seconds. That means you can realistically get two 5 Charge Water cannons out in 10 seconds. That not very much when you consider firebolt..

To supplement the lack of damage from water cannon (you should be expecting each 5 charge to one shot a lot of things with refroges), you'll want to be using heat buster a lot. The fact that 5 charge of WC loads up heat buster so quickly should be abused. Chain Cylinder WC + 1 charge WC will fully charge heat buster. To that effect the Tetra will not mitigate damage (no -12%) off of heat buster and instead give you a greatly increased damage.

Style in Hydra, Rain Casting, Wind Blast, Heat Buster, and Water Cannon, and you are also naturally charging up all the elemental orbs instead of using JUST golden time. That way when you can have ele wave buster up as much as possible and the Tetra will give you bonus damage to it.

So yes, the tetra cylinder is not the BEST when it comes to highest WC/Flameburst damage output, but when it comes down to Alchemy DPS using WC a Tetra will actually net you a higher DPS than a demonic abyss.
    TheNyanCat
  • cacaman13cacaman13
    Mabinogi Rep: 600

Bruh Lol I'm not gonna lecture you onto how Alchemy works, higher DPS than an abyss? are you on drugs? the Abyss Cylinder's main purpose IS water cannon.. comparing the tetra to a damage cylinder is something an Amatuer would do an Abyss has a 36% flat water alchemy boost while a Tetra has a flat 30% doesn't go ANY higher than that so to say that tetra would have Alchemy DPS over Abyss when it comes to water cannon is probably the most stupidest thing I've ever heard, even someone who doesn't even do alchemy could figure that out zzz but anyways back to what I originally came for is to help this person with his alchemy and what you would need is a cressida set with at least a water cannon enhancement but could take awhile since pieces are rare to find but to help maximize your water alchemy damage is to also try to get your hands on a professer J 2nd title if you don't have that already and the highest water alch title is Royal Alchemist title being that you should be qualified or if not a Royal Alchemist then you have that set already and for your gloves I mean it wouldn't really increase your damage but make your cloud more efficient I would get cloud range reforge on your gloves.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I was looking in to water enchants and water damage before.
    You can get roughly
    38 water damage from accessories
    54 from royal alchemist
    7-10 on headgear (suffix)
    10-15 on body (prefix)
    6 on shields (prefix)
    Or you can use the "all" class enchant
    Waterdrop=5 (suffix)
    Ripple=7 (suffix)

So you can put 22 on body and 13 on a shield.
    Add all these together and you get 137 water damage.
    There also the weapon enchants which for some reason i don't have written down.
    But it also gives a lot of water damage but you need to spam lords to get them.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    edited August 3, 2017
    cacaman13 wrote: »
    Bruh Lol I'm not gonna lecture you onto how Alchemy works, higher DPS than an abyss? are you on drugs? the Abyss Cylinder's main purpose IS water cannon.. comparing the tetra to a damage cylinder is something an Amatuer would do an Abyss has a 36% flat water alchemy boost while a Tetra has a flat 30% doesn't go ANY higher than that so to say that tetra would have Alchemy DPS over Abyss when it comes to water cannon is probably the most stupidest thing I've ever heard, even someone who doesn't even do alchemy could figure that out zzz but anyways back to what I originally came for is to help this person with his alchemy and what you would need is a cressida set with at least a water cannon enhancement but could take awhile since pieces are rare to find but to help maximize your water alchemy damage is to also try to get your hands on a professer J 2nd title if you don't have that already and the highest water alch title is Royal Alchemist title being that you should be qualified or if not a Royal Alchemist then you have that set already and for your gloves I mean it wouldn't really increase your damage but make your cloud more efficient I would get cloud range reforge on your gloves.

I don't think you quite understood what I was saying. If you want the highest WC number then yes then Abyss cylinder will give you bigger numbers. Or if you ONLY use WC then it'll be higher. The thing is if you aren't using heat buster your missing out on massive amounts of damage, even with an abyss cylinder it'll add more DPS (damage per second). So yes, a Tetra cylinder does less WC damage than an abyss, but if you are using heat buster every time it's charged the extra fire damage from the tetra gives you more DPS than the abyss in the form of heat buster damage and splash damage.

The only reason I'd suggest not getting a tetra to the OP is if money is an issue. This cylinder will easily cost upward to 80m to craft.
    SapphiraMuseTheNyanCat[Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    don't forget to add the finish touch.

XGCr1Z.png