Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Giant Overhaul

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
in Vault
Winter is near in Physis and the giants are stomping up a storm, because Giant Overhaul is here. Revamped skills, new weapons, and new equipment is what every giant is excited for. Check out all of the information below!

00J66-481c1786-5690-4af2-bb00-67e8b58cdd11.jpg

Renewed Skills

Wind Guard
  • It's now possible to use Full Swing and Charge without Cooldown.
  • You can now move, use potions, equip melee weapons, and use all melee skills while Wind Guard is active.
  • If you use Full Swing during Wind Guard, the weapon durability will go down, but during Beast Mode, the weapon durability will not decrease.
  • The cooldown for Wind Guard is now 160 seconds instead of 180 seconds.
  • Skill preparation time has been removed.
  • You can now see the skill duration bar.
  • You can use Wind Guard regardless of the equipment, but having a shield equipped will give you a extra defense bonus.
  • While using Wind Guard, attack speed increases (can be stacked with Might of Ladeca's effect), recovery time of Giant Full Swing decreases (there is a delay after using the skill), and moving speed of Charge increases.

Taunt
  • The minimum/maximum number of enemies, range, and duration for Taunt has changed.
  • The movement speed of the provoked enemies increases and damage of the first hit from the enemies decreases.
  • You can now taunt stronger enemies
  • The bug that taunted enemies which were too far away is fixed.
  • The number of enemies taunted by others in the range won't decrease the number of enemies that you can taunt.

Stomp
  • You can now see the effects for Stomp's Range.
  • Stomp has changed so that the balance and critical damage is applied as the same as regular skills.
  • You can now apply damage to stunned enemies.
  • Stomp is no longer immediately executed upon loading the skill. Click the desired location on the ground to use the skill.

Might of Ladeca
  • Melee damage bonus is increased.

New Equipment

Colossal Valiance Armor (M/F)
  • Rank 5 Hillwen Engineering is required.
  • Materials required are 1 Plate Mail, 10 Hillwen Alloys, 10 Valiance Metal Shards, 8 Ancient Beast Hides, and 5 Sub-Zero Coolants.
  • Stats:
    • Defense: 10-17
    • Protection: 3-10
    • Magic Defense: 3-10
    • Magic Protection: 3-10
    • Durability: 20-25

Colossal Valiance Gauntlets (M/F)
  • Rank 7 Hillwen Engineering is required.
  • Materials required are 1 Plate Gauntlets, 10 Hillwen Alloys, 5 Valiance Metal Shards, 3 Ancient Beast Hides, and 2 Sub-Zero Coolants.
  • Stats:
    • Defense: 1-8
    • Protection: 1-5
    • Magic Defense: 1-5
    • Magic Protection: 1-3
    • Durability: 10-20

Colossal Valiance Greaves (M/F)
  • Rank 7 Hillwen Engineering is required.
  • Materials required are 1 Plate Boots, 10 Hillwen Alloys, 5 Valiance Metal Shards, 3 Ancient Beast Hides, and 2 Sub-Zero Coolants.
  • Stats:
    • Defense: 1-6
    • Protection: 1-4
    • Magic Defense: 1-3
    • Magic Protection: 1-2
    • Durability: 8-18

Colossal Valiance Circlet (M/F)
  • Rank 6 Hillwen Engineering is required.
  • Materials required are 1 Plate Helm, 10 Hillwen Alloys, 8 Valiance Metal Shards, and 3 Sub-Zero Coolants.
  • Stats:
    • Defense: 1
    • Protection: 1
    • Magic Defense: 1-10
    • Magic Protection: 1-10
    • Durability: 10-20

Frosted Borealis Hammer
  • Rank 3 Blacksmithing is required.
  • Blacksmith Manual can be bought from Taunes for 117,200 gold.
  • Materials required are 2 Silver Ingots, 8 Mythril Ingots, 3 Frosted Borealis Crystals, and 1 Resilient Ebony.
  • Finishing Materials required are 2 Finest Leather Straps, 5 Large Nails, 3 Gems of Valor, and 3 Essences of Raw Force.
  • Set Enhancements:
    • Increases Critical Damage 5.
    • Enhanced Bash 5 Increase.
  • Decrease durability loss 5 increase.

• Stats:
    • Minimum Damage: 14
    • Max Damage: 58
    • Critical: 25
    • Balance: 42
    • Durability: 18These are the base stats of the weapon. They can be different depending on the quality of craft

Frosted Borealis Blade
  • Rank 9 Hillwen Engineering is required.
  • Materials required are 10 Hillwen Alloys, 5 Gems of Valor, 10 Frosted Borealis Crystals, 3 Essences of Raw Force, and 5 Resilient Ebonys.
  • Set Enhancements:
    • Smash Enhancement 5 Increase.
    • Charge Enhancement 5 Increase.
  • Stats:
    • Minimum Damage: 18-63
    • Max Damage: 35-99
    • Minimum Injury Rate: 35%
    • Max Injury Rate: 60%
    • Critical: 15-70
    • Balance: 30-76
    • Durability: 15-30

Frosted Borealis Shield
  • Rank 9 Hillwen Engineering is required.
  • Materials required are 10 Hillwen Alloys, 3 Gems of Valor, 15 Valiance Metal Shards, and 8 Resilient Ebonys.
  • Set Enhancements:
    • Smash Enhancement 5 Increase.
    • Charge Enhancement 5 Increase.
  • Stats:
    • Defense: 4-6
    • Protection: 2-3
    • Durability: 16-22

All new materials come from end chests of Hard or Elite Shadow Missions and Uladh Dungeons.

Giant Overhaul Event

Event Dates: Thursday, August 3 - Wednesday, August 16

Event Details
  • All current active accounts will receive a Premium Giant Character Card.
  • Log in and receive a quest to talk to Gulliver Joe in Tir Chonaill or Dunbarton Square.
  • Complete the quest, Gulliver's Babbles, to register a Giant main character.
  • You will receive a different staged Giant Growth Kit from Gulliver Joe for every 100 levels gained on a Giant Character.
  • Higher staged boxes (Stage 3-5) will contain Ace items, like transformation medals, outfits, and badges.
  • You will receive a Giant Memorial Gem from completing the quest, Baby Steps to Giant Growth, and talking to Gulliver Joe.
  • The gem can be used to raise the current or another character's level depending on the grade of the gem.
  • After opening each box, talk to Gulliver Joe to upgrade the Giant Memorial Gem. The Gem must be upgraded to open the next box.
    • Stage 1: Levels up any character to Level 20
    • Stage 2: Levels up any character to Level 50
    • Stage 3: Levels up any character to Level 90
    • Stage 4: Levels up any character to Level 140
    • Stage 5: Levels up any character to Level 200

00J66-cd2ecb9b-c063-4294-b4c7-9472763e7cd9.jpg
    00J66-33276376-6d8c-4a74-b948-17aca555070a.jpg

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Huh, preparation time removed.

People used that as a infinite Advanced Heavy Stander.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 5, 2017
    That event is dumb honestly, how they expect some people to level giant alt 500 times in 4 weeks without Rebirth potions...
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Can I just point this out

Gulliver Joe is in Tir Chonaill and Dunbarton, but not in Vales

Why
    SliciaHiroki05SherriRukiya
  • KazukixdKazukixd
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    Greta wrote: »
    That event is dumb honestly, how they expect some people to level giant alt 500 times in 4 weeks without Rebirth potions...

...You know you can rebirth daily under cumulative level 1000, right?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 5, 2017
    Kazukixd wrote: »

*cringes*. You can't, if you have at least one character over 1k ttl. Your beginner benefits get turned off instantly when you reach 1k ttl on at least one of your characters, which means bye bye to daily rebirths, beginner potions/SM crystals and also bye bye to Heart Stickers.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Kazukixd wrote: »

Sure, if you're just starting out with a fresh new account.
  • ArogwenArogwen
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    Eralea wrote: »
    Can I just point this out

Gulliver Joe is in Tir Chonaill and Dunbarton, but not in Vales

Why

I logged in just to comment on this. "Return to Physis"...but don't actually do anything there.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    The issue is that casting any other skills during the wind guard animation glitches your character. I hope this can be fixed.
    justshowingMabskmk
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    feels like two things can't happen at once while in wind guard.
    when smashing something and getting hit at the same time I get glitched.
  • HishokuHishoku
    Mabinogi Rep: 350
    Question, is the memorial gem from the renewal event an in game item? I've completed stage 1 of the leveling, opened the chest and completed the quest but the gem doesn't appear in the inventory. Yes I have checked each individual bag, all tabs, and used the search feature. I still can't find it.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    If you get hit while using smash in wind guard you get glitched to the point where you have to close the game. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    JizanthapusMabskmk
  • bobobobo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    edited August 8, 2017
    Just want to speak for some players and leave my thoughts and suggestions on this event here

It's great the event got extended to August 30 but even with the extension it's still simply not enough time. At most, you can only rebirth 3-4 times before the event is over. You're basically asking us to level 125 - 167 CURRENT levels per rebirth (assuming you started from the start of the event and not miss any weekly rebirths) because we can only rebirth once a week.

I know people will mention the beginner benefits with daily rebirths and potential system giving rebirth potions, but there is a flaw to that. Any current active account that already has a total character of 1k (doesn't matter if it's their giant or not) will automatically lose their beginner benefits. I want to say, the majority of the active player base is in this situation. Then, you don't get to activate your potential system until your giant character is at least 1k total. So if you made a brand new giant (which I assume was the whole point of the card) AND have an active character that's over 1k, you pretty much can't finish this event unless you grind like crazy or spend a ton of rebirth potions. The event in the end, only caters to brand new accounts making brand new giant characters. This will only encourage players to create "alt" accounts just to receive the rewards. On top of that, we also have the mission points event still going on. Like seriously, we can't be playing Mabi 24/7.

To fix this issue, I suggest you guys extend the event to another month to give a reasonable amount of time to those that miss a few days / rebirths OR supply some sort of weekend rebirth potions as a hot time event. A ton of my active mabi friends already confirmed they did not want to waste their time doing this event for that very reason so I can't imagine how much of a struggle this is for newer / lower level players.
    TianMingGreta
  • TianMingTianMing
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    bobo wrote: »
    Just want to speak for some players and leave my thoughts and suggestions on this event here

It's great the event got extended to August 30 but even with the extension it's still simply not enough time. At most, you can only rebirth 3-4 times before the event is over. You're basically asking us to level 125 - 167 CURRENT levels per rebirth (assuming you started from the start of the event and not miss any weekly rebirths) because we can only rebirth once a week.

I know people will mention the beginner benefits with daily rebirths and potential system giving rebirth potions, but there is a flaw to that. Any current active account that already has a total character of 1k (doesn't matter if it's their giant or not) will automatically lose their beginner benefits. I want to say, the majority of the active player base is in this situation. Then, you don't get to activate your potential system until your giant character is at least 1k total. So if you made a brand new giant (which I assume was the whole point of the card) AND have an active character that's over 1k, you pretty much can't finish this event unless you grind like crazy or spend a ton of rebirth potions. The event in the end, only caters to brand new accounts making brand new giant characters. This will only encourage players to create "alt" accounts just to receive the rewards. On top of that, we also have the mission points event still going on. Like seriously, we can't be playing Mabi 24/7.

To fix this issue, I suggest you guys extend the event to another month to give a reasonable amount of time to those that miss a few days / rebirths OR supply some sort of weekend rebirth potions as a hot time event. A ton of my active mabi friends already confirmed they did not want to waste their time doing this event for that very reason so I can't imagine how much of a struggle this is for newer / lower level players.

I would like to add on to the fact, that player on average without any EXP farm assistance or money supply or 3-4 hour grinding a day while juggling through school/work would probably only be able to get to 1-60(80) range per weekly rebirth on average. So by August 30th we would be looking at cumulative level of MIN 300 and MAX 400. This average is only if life is smooth sailing but having to juggle between mission points and the drama of life/work/school. The range may be off by large margins. It would only be fair that all Giant under 1k get to free rebirth once a day for this event or extended time period of the event or giving away one rebirth potion to register giant character of this event, once a week and destroying those potion when the event is over.
    JizanthapusIncubiAlch
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    RETURN TO PHYSYS!
    *Gets stuck in Wind Guard, being unable to return to anywhere*

Legit.

TianMing wrote: »
    bobo wrote: »

I would like to add on to the fact, that player on average without any EXP farm assistance or money supply or 3-4 hour grinding a day while juggling through school/work would probably only be able to get to 1-60(80) range per weekly rebirth on average. So by August 30th we would be looking at cumulative level of MIN 300 and MAX 400. This average is only if life is smooth sailing but having to juggle between mission points and the drama of life/work/school. The range may be off by large margins. It would only be fair that all Giant under 1k get to free rebirth once a day for this event or extended time period of the event or giving away one rebirth potion to register giant character of this event, once a week and destroying those potion when the event is over.

I'm just chiming in but. Don't you like, get Rebirth potions at certain total level?