Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rebirths

AmesenpaiAmesenpai
Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
edited August 10, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
ignore this post

So almost 5k total level and im level 85 on the xp bar.. after 40 on the bar I have found it harder and harder to level up and get AP. Doing the daily shadow mission, and saga episode available doesn't seem to give enough AP coupons either to get the required AP to rank the skill or skills needed to be ranked. I have been thinking about this but why wait 7 days to Rebirth like the point event requires to level up skills most of the time, it makes it harder once your past the 1k+ total level. So I thought about it and instead of waiting 7 days why not only wait 3 days? or just Rebirth daily after 1k+ because I literally have 3AP and I do saga and daily shadow mission, yet still not enough AP to rank up the skill needed for points. i use all my resets during point event, but it always gives me one skill of a certain talent to get the 30 points i need for the point event. It makes it more difficult to rank your skills. also Rebirth potions are 1.3m+ in the game on the gold system and im not rich i can't pay for that! ridiculous! (also perfect skill resets coasts about recently seem 3m-5m in the gold system. i cant even pay for that nor would want too.) So this is my idea on Rebirthing. (Maybe rebirth pots should be made by GM Apothecary, but can only make as many as they want a day and can't be traded to anyone else?) i sadly do not have anymore information to give about this. (please do not be rude here its just an idea just if you can add your input nicely please do!)

Comments

• KadalynKadalyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    It was already upgraded from 3 weeks to 1, we don't really need this. I suggest while unable to grind levels that you grind money. Remember, the faster you rank your skills the sooner you quit because there's nothing left to do.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Hm I was hoping this would be a suggestion to give all newly made characters the ability to rebirth, regardless of having another character over total level 1k. :p
    Danievictria
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Sherri wrote: »
    Hm I was hoping this would be a suggestion to give all newly made characters the ability to rebirth, regardless of having another character over total level 1k. :p

...that should be included too
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Kadalyn wrote: »
    It was already upgraded from 3 weeks to 1, we don't really need this. I suggest while unable to grind levels that you grind money. Remember, the faster you rank your skills the sooner you quit because there's nothing left to do.

grind money?! you think i have time for that!? your nuts. i dont have that much time.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    I agree with Kadalyn. I thought this suggestion was for allowing daily rebirths for individual characters on an account if that character was under level 1k. But the way it is now is fine. It used to be that you had to wait 3 weeks to rebirth, because you could only do it when your character was age 20, so everyone rebirthed to age 17. There's really not much of a reason to shorten the already short time to wait for a rebirth. If your character is already over level 1k, you can get rebirth pots from the potential system too.
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    I agree with Kadalyn. I thought this suggestion was for allowing daily rebirths for individual characters on an account if that character was under level 1k. But the way it is now is fine. It used to be that you had to wait 3 weeks to rebirth, because you could only do it when your character was age 20, so everyone rebirthed to age 17. There's really not much of a reason to shorten the already short time to wait for a rebirth. If your character is already over level 1k, you can get rebirth pots from the potential system too.

as i said in the thing. i cant pay for rebirth pots if they are 1.3m+ in the gold system. i have no money in mabi. so dont expect me to pay for something i cant attain.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Amesenpai wrote: »
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

as i said in the thing. i cant pay for rebirth pots if they are 1.3m+ in the gold system. i have no money in mabi. so dont expect me to pay for something i cant attain.

Then, dude, just wait. A week is not really that long, and like what was already mentioned, you can grind to make money in the meantime while you wait for rebirthing to be available.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    edited August 9, 2017
    I'll agree that we need more rbs for the giant event for those who are not main giants, BUT.
    We don't need shorter rebirth cycles. At all. Newbies nowadays get to accomplish within a week what took a year for us back in the day because there's ap EVEEEERYWHEEEEEEREEEE. You're gonna be done with the game in a year at most and then never come back if we were to have shorter rb cycles.

EDIT: To add to this. Why is it important how long it takes for someone to be done? First of all, it doesn't feel good for everyone who's worked their butts off. But even that is acceptable. What isn't acceptable is that people would leave the game even faster than they already do and our playerbase is at a horrible low as it is. We need MORE people. Shorter rb cycles are not going to bring more here, or keep more.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I don't support this idea. We can rebirth within 7 days, so there's no need for the ability to make Rebirth Potions. Furthermore, you can reset your skills at Duncan for a fee, so you don't need to buy reset capsules. In addition, Yokkachi didn't say for you to BUY the Rebirth Potions when he mentioned the Potential System, you just get them FOR FREE once you hit certain levels.

Also, not sure if troll post because OP is complaining about spending time gaming for gold when it can take a good deal more time to rank skills and levels. If this isn't a troll post, good luck in gaining gold, because you'll need it, OP.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    I remember when I started you had to wait 3 weeks, and were happy. After 3 weeks you had to pay $5-$8 to rebirth, and you would be grateful to hit level 40 in that time frame, and get the precious AP you needed for your skills which most you spent weeks on end getting up one level(looking at you windmill GRRRR).
    Now you can get to level 32 in under 4 mins very easily, the game poops AP out everywhere, you can buy skill training pots off players, get +skill tokens from NPC's, get AP from exploration, and RB once a week for free not counting the free rebirth pots you get from leveling now.
    No this game doesn't need to get easier, and have sooner RB's.
    LeineiGspin
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 9, 2017
    How about we do the reverse. We take away rebirthing and you get what you got :D

obvious joke

I do wish rebirthing was less often though. It seems so easy to mass up tons of AP if you play actively
  • KadalynKadalyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    If you don't want to put any time-based effort into games, you can play single player games with cheat consoles. ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ