Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Remove Housing Channel

SignatureSignature
Mabinogi Rep: 510
in Feedback and Suggestions
Remove the housing channels;
If we have to; continue the usage of premium service to use, or replace with a set amount of gold for X amount of time.
Functions like Kiosk on board, search item, preview, and buy. Make it editable through the bank tabs or even just an inventory item.
Profits would go straight to the bank, or make it like a Kiosk to "Tidy" your board listing(s)
Since there are so many 5m+ items in housing, add a sort of "See-Item-Only" so people can note/offer on it. Or just make a ridiculously high limit; ie 20m or 50m
Could revamp that space with other sorts of towns/NPCs/Skills and make the castle dungeon each channel instead of "Housing" channel

Server: Alexina
Character: Signature
  1. Update Housing?27 votes
    1. Ye
       52% (14 votes)
    2. Na
       33% (9 votes)
    3. Needs more details
       15% (4 votes)

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I'm going to have to disagree with this.

Housing is a big part of why people even get VIP, it's very handy for selling things since housing lets you sell offline. Instead of just advertising for one item or saying "note me for list" you can just have a party up saying "sale at house".

Housing is a good feature, and personally I don't mind offering on items that are over the 5m limit.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 24, 2016
    Housing shouldn't just be an exclusive to VIP Service, we all have a house in our homestead. We should at least be able to place furniture in our homestead interior for free, while the VIP service allows players to both place furniture and sell items. But yes, there are so little active guilds nowadays that I've seen complaints that the VIP service isn't worth the money, because houses haven't been built or put up for sale. We have a dire need for a VIP Service and Homestead Housing revamp before these can become modern features again. The current server populations just don't support the current VIP model enough.
    PeloiDaktaro
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    A revamp would be awesome.
  • BehelitBehelit
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    That moment when you save 10m for an item.......and THEN you learn about the 5m limit and that some stuff there are impossibe to buy. I like your "See item only" idea. The housing channel really needs an update.
    Darkpixie99Itzu
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I do agree that housing needs an update in the aspect that the houses shouldn't be controlled by the guild that owns the castle, since it causes a lack of house availability. However, I don't see a need for it to be taken off VIP. If they really want to make it available to the free players, then perhaps redo the housing period as an extended time frame for the Premiums/VIPs. For example, if a free-player buys a house, they have it for 30 days, whereas a VIP/Premium would have it for 45 or 60 days.
    BerryswirlDarkpixie99
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Leinei
    Leinei said:

I do agree that housing needs an update in the aspect that the houses shouldn't be controlled by the guild that owns the castle, since it causes a lack of house availability. However, I don't see a need for it to be taken off VIP. If they really want to make it available to the free players, then perhaps redo the housing period as an extended time frame for the Premiums/VIPs. For example, if a free-player buys a house, they have it for 30 days, whereas a VIP/Premium would have it for 45 or 60 days.
    I like this idea, so free players can still use housing.

I wouldn't mind a revamp of the housing system, but I still disagree with removing it.
    Darkpixie99Itzu
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    What I think would be a really cool idea is if homesteads could become the housing district. Always available, searchable, ext.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    I completely disagree that housing should be taken away from guilds. With how it is now, the tax and the 10% of the downpayment that you don't get back from bidding on the house goes to the guild that controls the castle. Without that, it'd just be more gold that would completely poof like bank fees do. While it's very problematic when guild leaders are lazy and don't want to put houses up for auction, as long as one guild properly cares then there's enough houses to go around. At least on Ruairi, we realistically don't need more than the 220ish houses that a district has. The lack of housing auctions is actually what made me make a guild on my alt character and control Dugald for multiple cycles in a row now while making enough profit to keep it going each time.

If anything, make a penalty for guilds who build the castle and then don't have the houses auctioning. Just off the top of my head maybe make it so half the houses must be up for auction or durability of the castle diminishes at twice the rate, something like that. But taking it away from guilds makes it so millions of gold gets wasted and eaten by the game instead of actually going somewhere where it could benefit.
    Cassa
  • Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    i have to say nope on this. while i do agree it does need some work. the idea isn't that well thought out. the housing channel is part of how nexon rakes in money, because the houses can only be got while having the special service package. while it does need work it's low priority.
  • ShugshugShugshug
    Mabinogi Rep: 570
    I'd like to vote but I'm not sure what I'm voting for here. I do NOT agree with removing housing from VIP/Prem service. Housing is the only reason I buy Prem service. I do agree it needs change and I do think it needs to be owned/operated by the system or GM's not guilds. I think they should offer more of a service for VIP/Prem buyers, not less. As is it our service days are wasted because guilds don't put houses up for auctions on a daily basis, having to wait 2 or3 days or even up to a week sometimes waste service days. I also think the housing cap's needs to be changed, not only the housing bank cap but also the amount we can actually sell an item for. It should be at least 20m like Belvast shops, tho 50m would be a better VIP/Prem Service perk. As it is the service is barely worth buying but with all the disconnects I don't really have another choice for making in game gold. Without fail any time I set shop or even make a party ad, 9 times out of 10 I d/c, its so annoying. Without housing I would rarely be able to sell an item. On the same note housing definitely needs a revamp/update/upgrade.
    CassaDarkpixie99
  • CassaCassa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,305
    The whole system needs a revamp.

Giving it free to people or outright getting rid of it shouldn't even be an option on the table unless service is also significantly revamped in some way because it would make service almost obsolete and would be a huge slap in the face to people who pay for it. People who help support this game financially.

As for guild owned castles - I think it should still remain that way but again needs to be revamped. If there's not enough houses up then paying players can't get a house. If there's not enough house owners the guild makes little to no profit. On the other hand if the wrong guild gets it they could demolish the entire district (this happened to a few districts all at once on Tarlach a few times).

Taking a quick look at comparisons:

Houses:
    + More space to sell items
    + Able to search at any housing board
    + Able to freely cc and re-log without it closing
    - Can't sell one time tradeable items
    - People have to cc to buy from your house (something people who have shops open or are completeing quests for maid/butler won't do)
    - 5 mil limit
    - Real life money to use
    - Have to bid and hope you win it (costing more gold then a simple shop license would)
    - No access if no houses are available and now you've wasted your service time searching
    - Have to refresh coupons every day

Shops:
    + 20 mil limit
    + Searching is available through a pet
    + Can sell one time tradeable items
    + Free to use
    - Can't cc or relog while it's open or you'll close it
    - Searching requires the player and pet to be in the area the shop is located
    - Limited space compared to a house to sell items

I can't speak for Kiosks as I've never really used them. However, looking at the list of comparing houses to shops it's clear which one has more perks and less negatives. That shouldn't be the case for a function people pay to use.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited January 4, 2017
    If I recall correctly there is already a market rework in the works so your wish may be granted. Although the housing channel might not be removed it should be getting a rework.