Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Capture the Watermelon event "issue".

GretaGreta
Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
edited August 10, 2017 in General Chat
Okay so, i see the rewards are nice, but you did it again Nexon... Why the event is only active 6 PM - 10 PM PST real time??? This time is not useful to Europeans at all! Why can't you guys just do this event to be active each hour real time? Like OX event had. I really don't want to wake up very early just to play few rounds for a chance to get nothing useful or maybe get lucky having new outfit or Fine Reforge. Nope. I don't have time for this... So disappointed...
purpleyXiokuncourtneyyWaachanTentacleViijiri[Deleted User]ArjuneIyasenuSherriand 10 others.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited August 10, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Okay so, i see the rewards are nice, but you did it again Nexon... Why the event is only active 6 PM - 10 PM PST real time??? This time is not useful to Europeans at all! Why can't you guys just do this event to be active each hour real time? Like OX event had. I really don't want to wake up early just to play few rounds for a chance to get nothing useful or maybe get lucky and get new outfit or fine Reforge. Nope. I don't have time for this... So disappointed...

Prob don't have the manpower to maintain it for that much active time.
    I mean hamster power.
    pawcalypse
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I can't even take part in this event due to working overnight. I was hoping that I could get many of the new rewards. Those Lotus Umbrellas also sounded nice.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I'm from EST and even I THINK this is too dang late. Hell, even if I lived in California I would think this is too late. 6-10pm would be dinner time / TV / sleepy time. For me that's 9pm-12am about. :( Why can't the event be all day?
    VioletBoyGretapawcalypseSherriArchdukeValeCortez
    edited August 10, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I'm from EST and even I THINK this is too dang late. Hell, even if I lived in California I would think this is too late. 6-10pm would be dinner time / TV / sleepy time. For me that's 9pm-12am about. :( Why can't the event be all day?

I confirm this, even though I work until 7pm, it is still too late, because people need to sleep.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Saw the event, saw the reforge rewards, thought I'm TOTALLY gonna farm this for reforges, saw the timings:
    It's between 2:00am and 6:00am for me.
    I mean hamster power.
    What manpower is needed for an automated event? There is not going to be an GMs there whole time to run it, is there?
    If you're talking about the server... Well forcing people to play within a smaller time-frame will focus more players onto the server during those times rather than spreading them out over a longer duration.
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Saw the event, saw the reforge rewards, thought I'm TOTALLY gonna farm this for reforges, saw the timings:
    I mean hamster power.
    What manpower is needed for an automated event? There is not going to be an GMs there whole time to run it, is there?
    If you're talking about the server... Well forcing people to play within a smaller time-frame will focus more players onto the server during those times rather than spreading them out over a longer duration.

I thought you'd get the hamster joke that's been going around. Oh well.
    But I agree that putting it at a set time of the day does not benefit many people, especially when they service several areas around the world.
    But there could be a reasonable reason for the decision, or not enough planning into it.
  • XyraxziusXyraxzius
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Timing is pretty silly honestly. 11:00am to 3:00pm is normal working time so pretty much impossible to do this event.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 10, 2017
    Yeah I already hate this event, and I remember why I barely did it last time. it's too late at night, and no one likes to be forced to do an event on a tight schedule...

8 PM to midnight for me. :|
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Now wonder I didn't see any rewards from it the last time in any shops.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I mean hamster power.

I thought you'd get the hamster joke that's been going around. Oh well.
    But I agree that putting it at a set time of the day does not benefit many people, especially when they service several areas around the world.
    But there could be a reasonable reason for the decision, or not enough planning into it.

That's what she said.
  • BroToasterBroToaster
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    Why in the world did Nexon do this. was there a tight schedule for the last event?
    this is possibly the worst event management i've seen on any mmo's i play.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    When in Chichol's godhood did NEXON ever do anything for EU? Besides letting us in. You still exspect things from them?
    Sherri
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited August 10, 2017
    Are these events automatic and independent of a programmer, or should someone be monitoring them? Is this why it is limited?
  • SacredCrimsonSacredCrimson
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Okay so, i see the rewards are nice, but you did it again Nexon... Why the event is only active 6 PM - 10 PM PST real time??? This time is not useful to Europeans at all! Why can't you guys just do this event to be active each hour real time? Like OX event had. I really don't want to wake up very early just to play few rounds for a chance to get nothing useful or maybe get lucky having new outfit or Fine Reforge. Nope. I don't have time for this... So disappointed...

the time is posted it sucks if you cant do the event because you cant stay up or be on late enough to do the event we all have to deal with time issues no matter what.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 10, 2017
    Who didn't see this coming from them? :p
    EST here, so it's not too bad.. but it's still pretty bad.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335

It's 3am to 7am for me. Who the hell is awake at that time? Ok it's August and it should be a vacation month, but I can't possibly stay awake until like ˜4am to just do one single run.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Sadly you really can't expect much anymore.
    Every new event or returning one that comes I always keep my expectations low.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175

The majority of people farming this event will be bots. I'm calling it. I can't play it cuz I'm still commuting back from North Hollywood, LA during these hours. Won't be able to boot up the game till after 10 pm myself. It'll already ended by then...

An1Pucj.gif
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 10, 2017
    Okay seems like time on this event is not the only issue here. I forgot that thing is best to do with Elf... Also Style Tab hides your team outfit so you can pretty much get confused who is who. Not gonna play it again...
    SheenaHelsa
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Having an event with limited hours makes sense when you're serving a country the size of South Korea.

It makes zero sense when you're the North America, Europe and Oceania server.

As for the Elf problem, that was a thing last time, too... I vaguely recall parking my elf alts there so I could just switch chars to run it. By the end of the event, people were doing the minimum amount to get the boxes and then just sitting and chatting the rest of the 30 mins.