Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Mari completely dead?

ceriiiiceriiii
Mabinogi Rep: 525
edited December 24, 2016 in Mari Chat
Old, long time player. Came back after an olllllllld hiatus. Was looking to meet new people and have fun. But no one is around.

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    It's christmas time.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    It's not even close to dying. You did not:

Know that everyone has lives outside of the game, such as school, job, and other important plans.
    Go to channel 2.
    The market channel is "busy" in certain times.
    Learn that EU players joined into the NA servers.

You are overreacting.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    IDK dunbarton had a decent amount of people logged on even for the holidays today. It's not super populated but not dead...
  • ceriiiiceriiii
    Mizuko
    Mizuko said:

It's not even close to dying. You did not:

Know that everyone has lives outside of the game, such as school, job, and other important plans.
    Go to channel 2.
    The market channel is "busy" in certain times.
    Learn that EU players joined into the NA servers.

You are overreacting.
    Overreacting? I went through all channels on a day of which back in '11 for me was completely packed. I get it: it's been reduced to private server tier.
    But LOL. A big defensive aren't we friend?

• ceriiiiceriiii
    Anemki said:

Wasn't there already one of these threads on the old forums...
    There are so so many variables that can effect how the community appears to you, honestly.
    You have to consider that we now have players from EU as well. So timezones vary.
    We have people who are older, and who work quite a bit, even for holiday season, so a person such as myself has little to no time...
    There are also some of us who might go on vacation during this time of year, and may want to spend it with our families instead.

However- if people are going home from say college, they could possible have time to play, but again. It's the holiday season.
    It really depends if you logged in super late at night, or just in an area or channel where there aren't many people...
    Also if you are coming back from a long hiatus, maybe some players you knew a long time ago may not play, or have other things going on as well.
    I should also mention that some long time players have quit due to gachapons and ragequitting over spending x amount on Mabinogi...

But tl;dr, personally I do not think it is completely dead.
    You just need to look around a bit in the right areas and time of day. There's still plenty of people around.
    Thanks.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I'm an european player that re-started playing after a long hiatus: almost the 99% of my friendlist has players that quitted right after me and did not return. I play during US-night time and it's not really that dead, in Ch2.
    If your playing time is around morning/afternoon (afternoon/night for me), I will gladly get to know you :3
    ceriiii
  • ceriiiiceriiii
    @NekoLily
    Yeah, I finally saw the lump sum of people on Ch 2, which was completely refreshing. Sure, I'd love to meet new friends on Mabinogi. It's what made Mabinogi really fun in the first place. I'm on a new character however. I couldn't find my old account, long been abandoned.
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    This is certainly a "down" time. Holidays and whatnot. Aside from the fact that Mabi's overall population has been on the decline (for a number of reasons, but let's not go into that). Once the holiday season is done, expect a bit more people to hangout, maybe.
  • IdealsIdeals
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    I'm on vacation and I completely regret doing this. All these great events that I'm missing. Thanks China for the restriction and slow net </3
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Really? Another one of these threads? Has it even been a week since the last one?