Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

R.I.P. Festia

GretaGreta
Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
in General Chat
Every time i enter Festia i see players only lining up to Clobbermeister. Today i ran into 4 players waiting up for their turns and it's been like this since Festia got released. You can only play 2 player or 4 player games with your friends, guildies and such, but you will almost like never find any random players lining up to other mini-games. I find this annoying to be honest, because i'm feeling like i gonna have hard time doing other mini-games to complete my Festia Diary. Seems like people are too busy or lazy to wait for others so they choose single player mini-games. I'm on Alexina so i have no idea what's going on in other servers, but i probably think it's same situation.
Helsa
  1. What is your favorite Festia mini-game?71 votes
    1. Hammer Slam
       10% (7 votes)
    2. Martial Darts
       11% (8 votes)
    3. Shooting Gallery
       10% (7 votes)
    4. Clobbermeister
       37% (26 votes)
    5. Tail Chasers
       6% (4 votes)
    6. Lorraine's Nighmare
       20% (14 votes)
    7. Crystal Defender
       7% (5 votes)

Comments

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I completely agree. I can rarely line up enough friends and guildies to run multiplayer minigames and so I almost exclusively play the solo ones. It's kind of discouraging and why I've all but stopped visiting Festia. I appreciate what they tried to do with the multiplayer, but so few people bother to hang out there
    Greta
  • ShiftyShifty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    Wait what? people actually play fiesta games?
  • GretaGreta
    Looking at poll seems like people prefer Clobbermeister more. Yeah sure, if you have op reforged gear which makes you score 3m+ points.
    Helsa
  • SudaìSudaì
    Mabinogi Rep: 455
    I imagine the clobbermiester spam will go down once people finish getting the achievements for it.
    Policroma
  • GretaGreta
    @Sudai i really really hope you are right... Because i want Tia and Fez whistles :c
    Helsa
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    This is basically why I stopped going to Festia after the first week. Nobody plays anything else, the participation rewards are not relevant to my interests, and with my third-rate gear I can't even break the top 50 in anything anyway.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    I am personally a fan of crystal defender, but I completely agree on the other minigames, even clobbermeister is dead, at least on ruairi. Guilds and friends are pretty much the only way to do multiplayer minigames.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited December 29, 2016
    Sudaì
    Sudaì said:

I imagine the clobbermiester spam will go down once people finish getting the achievements for it.
    I think this is mainly it. People are running to do this first because the achievement is easiest to get.

I think once that's done we'll see more activity in the other games.

Personally, I like using Clobbermeister as a training dummy of sorts for skills I haven't mastered yet. I have no final hit, so there's no real point in trying to "beat" the others.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I would participate more if the games were fun, and most importantly if I could actually queue as a solo instead of being forced to round up my own friends.
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Honestly, I just wish we could continue doing the games. Give vip tickets so you can get prizes after those ones, but allow us to continue playing the games just for funsies. That's my biggest complaint about festia.
    KttyPannya
  • Blue AppleBlue Apple
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    I actually enjoy playing all the minigames, so I try to drag friends there as often as I can, but I don't mind spamming some Clobbermeister if I really can't find anyone. With only 5-6 passes a day, and the amount of time it takes to go through them, it's no wonder Festia is so dead all the time. No one's gonna stick around after doing their quick dailies there. It could really use a pass-less play option, or a solo option for everything. Or both.

Festia reminds me a lot of the Tara Festival years back, but with more game options and way better prizes. The potential to get an item currently worth 10-20m+ to sell is already incentive enough for me, haha. And I'm really digging the wings with stats, too.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    MissFortune

Honestly, I just wish we could continue doing the games. Give vip tickets so you can get prizes after those ones, but allow us to continue playing the games just for funsies. That's my biggest complaint about festia.
    I would so love that too. There was a user suggestion in the old forums about just this. Don't think anyone has made a new in these forums though. Someone should.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited December 29, 2016
    I never understood why Festia games are not party based. Like if your alone you can still play and go for top score using a ticket per attempt of course ...but if you have 2 or more people you can simply make a party and take turns with up to 4 people or whatever. Party members would each have to have a ticket and use a ticket when they play a game per usual. If a person does not have a ticket a message would display "{person] does not have a pass available" so that they can be removed from party and the rest carry on. The fact you can't play with a party is flustering because most of these games were party based before they came to Festia. What if you have an odd number of people say 3 then one person has to sit out and you have to alternate which is annoying.

More people would participate if they had more flexibility on how the games are played.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 29, 2016
    Because there is so much else to do every day, I do it too. I go over to Clobbermeister, use my tickets. I don't even hit the thing anymore (that is probably something that should change, some required damage should be implemented). Wash and repeat. Then onto shadow missions and farming dungeons.

If you want to play other games I suggest getting some friends or guildies together.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I think they need to allow everyone to participate freely, only those with the tickets will receive a reward at the end of each round...otherwise it's just for fun. They could of done it that way.
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    I wish they had done it where you didn't have to have people to play the games. Sometimes I'm just not in a social mood, or none of the people on my friends list are on/able to at that moment. My guild is dead, and I don't feel like joining a new one, I'm kind of a hermit, in real life and online, so I don't think I should be forced to have a party for first three games. I've never played Lorraine's Nightmare, so I don't even know if that one really needs a group. That's a main reason why I don't get too far on mobile games or games on Facebook (when I used to be on Facebook). I just wanna play alone! xD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I am like that too, mostly because the social scene prevents me from getting my Mabi chores done. Can't get them done if you are typing all the damn time. :|
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    i'd come in festia and play random games but lag too much Q-Q
    that place is terrible in terms of lag for me. tried to go in crystal defender and DC'd immediately. what sucks even more when this happens is it uses a pass but doesn't count for a play in the diary.
    i can play clobbermeister without crashing, and the other ones that don't make you go in an instance like guns and darts. but haven't been bothered to enter festia since that glow stick event mostly because even just running around the area has too much fps drops, rubberbanding etc.
    it has issues just standing still and turning the camera. dead channel in festia is like running through belvast shops in alexina ch1 with names on.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 29, 2016
    @Daktaro -pat pat-

I agree, only getting to play 5 or 6 games a day has always been lame.

But I have an idea...why can't we just BUY more tickets? You know you go to a circus or carnival, if you want to go on more rides or enjoy more games, well, you buy more tickets.

That is almost brutally logical.
    Daktaro
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    edited December 29, 2016
    My favorite would be the Lorraine Nightmare, but I haven't been able to enter it 'cause I have no friends interested in playing the games at Festia. :c So I have to stick with the Clobbermeister.. But I'll be done with all the achievements soon ; n;.. Then I guess it's off to the other solo game, Crystal Defender //death