Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Secondary Password to two-factor password or fix

YellowBinYellowBin
Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
edited August 18, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
The secondary password is broken for me, I am not sure if it is for others but sometimes when I click on the on-screen keyboard the click does not register. Sometimes the click registers twice or more. With secondary passwords longer than what the screen can show you will have to hope that your clicks registered without a problem or else in 5 consecutive failures on the part of the in-board keyboard you will be locked out and made to create a new secondary password.

I remember some posts about a better way of security other than the in-game secondary password. I feel as if those alternatives might be more effective and efficient.
  1. Do you encounter difficulties with the secondary password as well?8 votes
    1. I do.
       50% (4 votes)
    2. I don't.
       50% (4 votes)

Comments

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited August 18, 2017
    I have a similar problem with the game suddenly lagging as I start to click making it either not register that I clicked or causing it to add in extra characters. Not sure how to fix this issue, but maybe an alternative to the clicking password they could add something like steam has where it sends you a code in your email maybe once a week to verify your email is valid and that you are the owner of the account. It would be a pain to verify it every time, but would make the account more secure to involve email verification. May also deter some bots from being able to login without accessing emails first (since most seem to have random character names and probably create emails for short term use).

Another thing that would be annoying but might help is a captcha phrase you must type in correctly prior to logging on similar to how you have to type something in for uploading images or videos on outside sites. It should have the option to refresh the phrase if the letters or numbers are unclear but after successfully typing it in you would have access to the character screen. There could be a 5 time fail equals lockout rule for this as well.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I have this problem recently where the game kept telling me I entered the wrong password even though I double checked already. Scared the hell out of me, thought I was hacked or something. I guess some of the click might not have registered when I was typing the password. I still made it within the 5 times entering limits though so I think it's not really a major problem.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    ShouK wrote: »
    I have this problem recently where the game kept telling me I entered the wrong password even though I double checked already. Scared the hell out of me, thought I was hacked or something. I guess some of the click might not have registered when I was typing the password. I still made it within the 5 times entering limits though so I think it's not really a major problem.

Same.
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    Shouldn't this forum be in the Bug/glitches on the forums instead of suggestions/feedback?
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    This happens to me too but not really that often :3

I don't think they have much of an option to change the secondary Password screen. The game is so old it might not can handle the newer security precautions. They might have to upgrade the entire game before they can fix this at all.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    I dont know how complicated it would be to change this but I think there should be other options to the second password than the click to login version. Many games have a variety of ways to enter the password and verify the account. Maybe there could be a poll added to see which types people would be interested in having that way the popular ones could be picked and used. I prefer captcha codes myself as it is more user friendly than the clicking one which glitches for people making it tedious and flustering to get signed in. Lets work on making the login process more user friendly XD