Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    For your information there are other people defaming me (i know who they are) but I wont name who specifically but you can keep lying and saying its you after I already said its not. You are in fact harassing me though with that personal attack based on your assumption which isnt the truth. Stop making things about you because its clearly not and you want to attack me over false information. Having your friends coming here to attack me over your false assumption is harassment as well so best you stop now. So I have also confirmed people are attacking me based on lies now not just my opinions in the suggestion forums.

Anyways done with these peoples drama and going to ignore these clear lies about me so this thread can get back on topic i stead of being derailed to attack me all the time. Watch them attack me though even though I want to focus on the real topic not them.

Lol you act like I dont know how to report people. Thats kind of amusing but believe me I know already XD

Naa id rather my alts not get attacked also. Good try through.

You YOURSELF said that people were harassing you. Stop running and report them.
    [Deleted User]SherriAtaraxizGreta
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    For your information there are other people defaming me (i know who they are) but I wont name who specifically but you can keep lying and saying its you after I already said its not. You are in fact harassing me though with that personal attack based on your assumption which isnt the truth. Stop making things about you because its clearly not and you want to attack me over false information. Having your friends coming here to attack me over your false assumption is harassment as well so best you stop now. So I have also confirmed people are attacking me based on lies now not just my opinions in the suggestion forums.

Anyways done with these peoples drama and going to ignore these clear lies about me so this thread can get back on topic i stead of being derailed to attack me all the time. Watch them attack me though even though I want to focus on the real topic not them.

Lol you act like I dont know how to report people. Thats kind of amusing but believe me I know already XD

Naa id rather my alts not get attacked also. Good try through.

Derailed because of people attacking me over the opinion I posted on the subject which differed from theirs actually. Want that part clear because people have misunderstood me a lot in this thread by jumping to conclusions and making assumptions.

If they do follow me wouldn't that be stalking which Im sure is a violation of the TOS especially if they follow me for malicious reasons. I hope they wouldn't be that obsessed with me to go that far.

Going to ignore all the drama now and respond to subject martial unless people continue to attack me directly.

You can either report them, or continue to cry foul here, when everyone but you realizes you're in the wrong.
    [Deleted User]AtaraxizSherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 23, 2017
    Guys, I just logged into 95 notices, quit coming to my thread to cry or argue.
    I'm leaving any deleted comments at a Vmod's discretion at this point.

/summonsVmod

Now all of you cool down and get this thread back on track of why or why not a server merge or mega server would work for Mabinogi.
    (Business ideas for Nexon to gain profit from this would work too!)
    tumblr_nna010lsqS1r60zuio1_500.gif

Sherri wrote: »
    NOW LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC FRIENDS GIMMIE REASONS WHY A SERVER MERGE WOULD BE GOOD AND REASONS WHY IT WOULD BE BAD HOW WOULD A SERVER MERGE EFFECT YOU? WOULD YOU BE MORE INTERESTED IN THE GAME IF THERE WAS A SERVER MERGE? OR LESS INTERESTED? TAKE IT AWAYYY~~~

Why It Would Be Good:
    It would allow people to more easily make friends or find people do do certain things (SM, dungeon,..).
    It would stabilize the economy (Or ruin it, more in my "Why it would be bad" response.)

Why It Would Be Bad:
    Depending on the type of merge, it could be where there are too many players. Some people don't like others constantly around them. If it gets crowded, I get annoyed really quickly and go to a less busier place.
    Also depending on the merge, the economy could just tank, not the good kind either.
    People with less powerful computers will have an issue playing.
    There will be less available space for shopping, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be less Ancients around, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be many issues pertaining to lag and crashing by players.
    There will most certainly be a lot of technical and financial issues if Nexon NA were to proceed doing so.

Personally, it would e(a?)ffect me greatly;
    I'm the kind of person to stay on the least populated channels of Mari and hang out with my friend.
    I dislike too much interaction and like to choose when I go and communicate with the larger population.
    My computer isn't as good as most peoples. I lag just going to Belvast on Ch. 2 (Mari's shopping channel).
    Our economy is stressful enough for me to deal with right now lol

Overall, I'm against a merge of any kind. No thank you, none for me.

Thank you, this was some nice input.
    However, lag is an issue with any game with any server count.
    There's never a miracle number to make it 100% lagless without an expensive computer and graphics card.
    Mabinogi's Market is... a rather complex problem with an equation that's never really solved by the Cash Shop or Gachapons, so there's not much that could be done either way to 'fix' it.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Guys, I just logged into 95 notices, quit coming to my thread to cry or argue.
    I'm leaving any deleted comments at a Vmod's discretion at this point.

/summonsVmod

Now all of you cool down and get this thread back on track of why or why not a server merge or mega server would work for Mabinogi.
    (Business ideas for Nexon to gain profit from this would work too!)
    tumblr_nna010lsqS1r60zuio1_500.gif

NOW LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC FRIENDS GIMMIE REASONS WHY A SERVER MERGE WOULD BE GOOD AND REASONS WHY IT WOULD BE BAD HOW WOULD A SERVER MERGE EFFECT YOU? WOULD YOU BE MORE INTERESTED IN THE GAME IF THERE WAS A SERVER MERGE? OR LESS INTERESTED? TAKE IT AWAYYY~~~

Why It Would Be Good:
    It would allow people to more easily make friends or find people do do certain things (SM, dungeon,..).
    It would stabilize the economy (Or ruin it, more in my "Why it would be bad" response.)

Why It Would Be Bad:
    Depending on the type of merge, it could be where there are too many players. Some people don't like others constantly around them. If it gets crowded, I get annoyed really quickly and go to a less busier place.
    Also depending on the merge, the economy could just tank, not the good kind either.
    People with less powerful computers will have an issue playing.
    There will be less available space for shopping, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be less Ancients around, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be many issues pertaining to lag and crashing by players.
    There will most certainly be a lot of technical and financial issues if Nexon NA were to proceed doing so.

Personally, it would e(a?)ffect me greatly;
    I'm the kind of person to stay on the least populated channels of Mari and hang out with my friend.
    I dislike too much interaction and like to choose when I go and communicate with the larger population.
    My computer isn't as good as most peoples. I lag just going to Belvast on Ch. 2 (Mari's shopping channel).
    Our economy is stressful enough for me to deal with right now lol

Overall, I'm against a merge of any kind. No thank you, none for me.

Thank you, this was some nice input.
    However, lag is an issue with any game with any server count.
    There's never a miracle number to make it 100% lagless without an expensive computer and graphics card.
    Mabinogi's Market is... a rather complex problem with an equation that's never really solved by the Cash Shop or Gachapons, so there's not much that could be done either way to 'fix' it.

Exactly. Lag.. is awful but sadly it can't be avoided so easily. And the Mabi Economy is so bad with things as simple as fashion products reaching 200m+ for Mari.
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited August 23, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »

I treat feedback about Mabinogi's servers as an official way for the Nexon staff to get a glance at feedback from players, arguments that lead the topic thread off the issue at hand should be placed in a new thread in the general section. That is it, period.
    Facepalm.gif
    This is not a thread for personal issues, alright?
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    We were on the topic of a server merge, just we were trying to explain a key fact to someone and they deliberately pushed the topic to others, while telling us to leave just because we disagreed/ we're making a comment about the truth of the situation.

I understand your concerns of getting the thread locked, however, making the general claim will not help a lot of the time. Drama leaked from.an individual and then spread like wildfire because the public had already been dealing with the nonsense several locked threads prior.

I think you're doing right by taking it up with VFMs. Maybe this rather bland and wide-spread issue will finally be resolved -- whether someone gets banned or someone gets a serious warning.
    [Deleted User]SherriPlatinaKokiGreta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yeah, I also agree that this got a little out of hand, but I do have to say that many of the comments did stay on topic.
    Many mentioned the topic of a server merge and there was debate about it (other than the replies of a somebody, claiming to be 'attacked'.)
    Darkpixie99Ataraxiz[Deleted User]PlatinaKoki
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    5 pages of nonsense is too much for me e,e I hope it's officially over.

I still do not believe a merge will happen. Nexon NA will have to bring in a lot more money to afford a merge. That means we either need to spend up to thousands on this virtual game, or we need a bigger population.
    [Deleted User]SherriPlatinaKoki
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Ataraxiz wrote: »

I still do not believe a merge will happen. Nexon NA will have to bring in a lot more money to afford a merge. That means we either need to spend up to thousands on this virtual game, or we need a bigger population.

Hopefully the revisions to the OP are good in terms of being decently understandable. (I'm still working on and thinking about it.)
    I'm heavily on the fence due to the money issue alone, although Nexon KR might be willing to innovate even at the risk if we get lucky.
    Ataraxiz
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz

Hopefully the revisions to the OP are good in terms of being decently understandable. (I'm still working on and thinking about it.)
    I'm heavily on the fence due to the money issue alone, although Nexon KR might be willing to innovate even at the risk if we get lucky.

In order to complete a server merge, they're going to need brand new technology that costs several thousands of dollars that Nexon KR is not going to put on the table because the money is not there.

If a business puts out a little on this small of a community, which they'll have to pay the staff for building the servers and using extra time to put the data where it needs to be; the community could still die out just as much as it is now. We'd basically put NA out of business.

Also a lot of newer gamers, young kids, do not like our graphics and engine. They're more likely to play the games that look and feel more realistic than Mabi.

That's another challenge they have to face: if they spend the money and the new players do not come, what point was there if the server just died in a few years?

Our current servers have lasted 9 years. I don't think Nexon KR is going to replace them because of a gut feeling or a popular debate topic.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    They don't need anything to complete a server merge... let alone more money ... Sigh....

~ This is not an upgrade we're talking about here.... ~ ... it's a downgrade ... in the worst way ...

Right or wrong, I still agree it's a miserable mistake. I'm going on the assumption it's a Mega Server in my posts not the merge off just two servers at a time. I may should have been clarifying that, however I do admit I'm sick and not feeling well xwx Not exactly in the right mindset.
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

In order to complete a server merge, they're going to need brand new technology that costs several thousands of dollars that Nexon KR is not going to put on the table because the money is not there.

If a business puts out a little on this small of a community, which they'll have to pay the staff for building the servers and using extra time to put the data where it needs to be; the community could still die out just as much as it is now. We'd basically put NA out of business.

Also a lot of newer gamers, young kids, do not like our graphics and engine. They're more likely to play the games that look and feel more realistic than Mabi.

That's another challenge they have to face: if they spend the money and the new players do not come, what point was there if the server just died in a few years?

Our current servers have lasted 9 years. I don't think Nexon KR is going to replace them because of a gut feeling or a popular debate topic.

Several thousands, huh? That really would be an issue if NA continues to decline in popularity by the time KR works out the kinks.
    The graphics are old, but WoW was able to manage upgrading graphics a bit...I think.
    I'm not entirely sure how Mabinogi could upgrade the graphics with the a new engine, or even if it could.
    It may take several engine upgrades for a graphical change to even happen.
    I don't think popularity will become that much of a problem, considering Maplestory is still popular at least.
    [Deleted User]Ataraxiz
  • SherriSherri

Several thousands, huh? That really would be an issue if NA continues to decline in popularity by the time KR works out the kinks.
    The graphics are old, but WoW was able to manage upgrading graphics a bit...I think.
    I'm not entirely sure how Mabinogi could upgrade the graphics with the a new engine, or even if it could.
    I don't think popularity will become that much of a problem, considering Maplestory is still popular at least.
    Replacing the engine is much easier said than done. ~ but .. that's an entirely different topic (it CAN be done, but ..). They'd be better off writing their own (as opposed to tying the knot with any other major league players).. and again .. it's much easier said than done. // slices .. paws.. :D

NNydSmW.jpg

Yep, we got to ask DevCat about that. Huehuehuehue

Idk what else to say on this thread though. xD We can't exactly lock it either, or else another one of these threads will pop up in a few days or so. ;P
    [Deleted User]Ataraxiz
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited August 23, 2017

I treat feedback about Mabinogi's servers as an official way for the Nexon staff to get a glance at feedback from players, arguments that lead the topic thread off the issue at hand should be placed in a new thread in the general section. That is it, period.

This is not a thread for personal issues, alright?

KR has to approve of any such thing. Back when I was a NUA, and had access to Sabina, I asked her who made the decisions on what is implemented and when. She said that KR has complete control over what we get and how, and that has been further stated by others, both official representatives of Nexon and players who heard from said representatives.

This topic is literally beating a dead horse, because its a topic that has gone on for nine years, that only an infinitesimal percentage of the playerbase has commented on, and Nexon has stated that a merge/transfer won't happen here. Want proof? Look at some of the past streams. Or, heck, file a ticket. And you'll get your answer.

748.gif

I've seen the updates to WoW's graphics, and despite a good portion of it being re-rendering characters (characters with humanoid feet actually look like they have toes, instead of just pointy polygons, as an example), but by and large, it still looks close to what it did long before.

Like Mabinogi, WoW uses an engine made specifically for it, however, unlike Pleione, the people who are behind the WoW engine are still most likely employees of Blizzard, whereas the people behind Pleione jumped ship long ago, and we're left with something that was obsolete before it even began.
    Sherri[Deleted User]
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Nice guys love how you are harassing me and blaming the derailment on me when we all know who is responsible after they did it once before in another thread to get it closed and are doing it again to close this one. I tried many times to get things on topic but was harassed instead. The fact you are still carrying on about it instead of leaving me alone makes you all look like bullies so congrats on that (especially talking directly about me instead of taking blame yourselves for the part you all played in instigating fights on purpose). Sorry but its not my fault you cant accept people wont always agree with you or do what you want. Stop attacking me and harassing me.

I'm not sure if throwing away servers and having to spend thousands of dollars to upgrade to new ones is really required. That would be hardware side of things and that would only be necessary if the current servers could not handle the load of having all the people moved onto them at once (that load would be less stress on the server if there are multiple servers to carry it). In the past, there were stress tests for mabi to show its performance during peak activity so maybe that can be done again to evaluate if the servers can handle it or need to be upgraded.

Once server hardware situation is figured out next would be to move onto the software side and work out all the fine details of how this would be accomplished successfully. Hopefully, we get to keep all our items, characters, and pets ^^ You all know my opinion on the server I want to go on which I know won't be an option for me (according to certain people) so I'm thinking of another solution to that separate from the merger. Server merge would help me to find some nice and supportive friends to join me and my friends on quests and to do some fun events together. Mabi use to be so active and full of people everywhere, but now not so much. Miss all my old pals who never login anymore from my early years of mabi. Those are the times i like to look back on and hopefully, I can find some good people like that again.
  • SherriSherri
    Like Mabinogi, WoW uses an engine made specifically for it, however, unlike Pleione, the people who are behind the WoW engine are still most likely employees of Blizzard, whereas the people behind Pleione jumped ship long ago, and we're left with something that was obsolete before it even began.

Hmm I wish this weren't the case.
    I'm the kind of person who dislikes when somebody makes something and just abandons it. :/
    I know nothing of coding but if I did, I would try and look into how the Pleione engine works and hopefully make it better.
    [Deleted User]PlatinaKokiAtaraxiz
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited August 23, 2017
    Nice guys love how you are harassing me and blaming the derailment on me when we all know who is responsible after they did it once before in another thread to get it closed and are doing it again to close this one. I tried many times to get things on topic but was harassed instead. The fact you are still carrying on about it instead of leaving me alone makes you all look like bullies so congrats on that (especially talking directly about me instead of taking blame yourselves for the part you all played in instigating fights on purpose). Sorry but its not my fault you cant accept people wont always agree with you or do what you want. Stop attacking me and harassing me.

I'm not sure if throwing away servers and having to spend thousands of dollars to upgrade to new ones is really required. That would be hardware side of things and that would only be necessary if the current servers could not handle the load of having all the people moved onto them at once (that load would be less stress on the server if there are multiple servers to carry it). In the past, there were stress tests for mabi to show its performance during peak activity so maybe that can be done again to evaluate if the servers can handle it or need to be upgraded.

Once server hardware situation is figured out next would be to move onto the software side and work out all the fine details of how this would be accomplished successfully. Hopefully, we get to keep all our items, characters, and pets ^^ You all know my opinion on the server I want to go on which I know won't be an option for me (according to certain people) so I'm thinking of another solution to that separate from the merger. Server merge would help me to find some nice and supportive friends to join me and my friends on quests and to do some fun events together. Mabi use to be so active and full of people everywhere, but now not so much. Miss all my old pals who never login anymore from my early years of mabi. Those are the times i like to look back on and hopefully, I can find some good people like that again.

We had actually been able to move on, yet you decided to stir up the drama again. This is all on you, and you alone.
    Sorry but its not my fault you cant accept people wont always agree with you or do what you want. Stop attacking me and harassing me.
    Also, I HIGHLY suggest taking your own advice for once.

--On Topic--
    At this point, Nexon would be better off scrapping Mabinogi and making an entirely new game, as a server merge/transfer would result in a huge net LOSS in profit for Nexon NA.
    [Deleted User]SherriAtaraxiz
  • SherriSherri
    I wouldn't say closing Mabinogi would be a good idea, but them making a new game would bring more money compared to a merge on this game.
    Still waiting for MapleStory 2~ > 3 >
    [Deleted User]Ataraxiz
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    I wouldn't say closing Mabinogi would be a good idea, but them making a new game would bring more money compared to a merge on this game.
    Still waiting for MapleStory 2~ > 3 >

Oh, I know. I'm just saying that, from a cost-benefit analysis, in Nexon's best interest, a new game would be more profitable.
    Sherri[Deleted User]Ataraxiz
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    We shall see if you all stop first because you didn't while I was away and are not stopping now. I don't need any more drama because of you all. Haven't you harassed me enough for today or do I have to suffer more for you to be happy?

I would be bummed out if Mabi closed after playing over 8 years now. I'm not sure if they are still going to do Mabi 2 or not, but if they do maybe it could be an alternative.