Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Dan tests are unbalanced and unfair

Comments

• OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    edited August 26, 2017
    i'm personally having issues with daning healing to dan 2 i don't get enough points for dan 2. how am i to adv when the mod just doesn't get hit enough? on top of that because i "pass" i'm unable to try again.so yes i feel some of the skills are unfair.

Have you tried healing without the Tikka healing wand? You'll heal less so you can heal more times for points ^.^
    I kinda realized that while trying to get SS rank last night.. ^.^;;
    And yes, the AI fighting is so random..sometimes the chick wins too quickly with crits and sometimes the time runs out before >.<;;
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    0L8lsDb.png
    SherriGretaPanNilrem
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    0L8lsDb.png

"Git gud" isnt an option for people who are only failing because of the unavoidable lag they experience because they live in Europe and the dev team for this game is either unable or unwilling, probably unwilling, to write netcode that actually works more then 10% of the time.
    Kazuhanori
  • AngelsamaAngelsama
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    I agree and yes they are unbalanced and as we've all pointed out have not been tested. We also agree that apparently, these tests are for a group of people not a single person so they will either revamp it which should not have happened if it was tested first or leave it like this until enough people complain. Also, I live in NA and we have fios@1000 and mabi still lag for me and my hubby at random- no other game lags like this either.. just mabi.
    Blortad
  • ErorservErorserv
    Blortad wrote: »
    0L8lsDb.png

"Git gud" isnt an option for people who are only failing because of the unavoidable lag they experience because they live in Europe and the dev team for this game is either unable or unwilling, probably unwilling, to write netcode that actually works more then 10% of the time.

Excuses excuses
  • BlortadBlortad
    0L8lsDb.png

Excuses excuses

So... what? Are you saying there ARENT people who play NA Mabinogi from Europe or that people who play from Europe don't have constant lag that they cant do anything about? Hate to burst your bubble there buddy, but both those things are true. As it stands right now your ability to finish these tests is based primarily on your geographical location, followed by the quality of your internet connection, followed lastly by skill at the game. If you do not meet both of the first two requirements, the third is meaningless.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited August 26, 2017
    0L8lsDb.png

When something is mathematically impossible, you can't "git gud".

You need luck to change the math.
    Kazuhanori
  • ErorservErorserv
    So... what? Are you saying there ARENT people who play NA Mabinogi from Europe or that people who play from Europe don't have constant lag that they cant do anything about? Hate to burst your bubble there buddy, but both those things are true. As it stands right now your ability to finish these tests is based primarily on your geographical location, followed by the quality of your internet connection, followed lastly by skill at the game. If you do not meet both of the first two requirements, the third is meaningless.

That's exactly right. I'm playing from Aus and having no issue.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Have you considered disabling the monstrous list of useless garbage you may have running on your system?

The following should be of great service to you if you're not sure of what to kill and what to leave alone.

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/

What is this list, and how do I use it?
  • FavrielFavriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Would love to see you guys that are saying the tests aren't hard I want to see you get an ss rank dan3 for magnum shot with screenshot proof and then comeback and say it's balanced.
    Blortad
  • BlortadBlortad
    Favriel wrote: »
    Would love to see you guys that are saying the tests aren't hard I want to see you get an ss rank dan3 for magnum shot with screenshot proof and then comeback and say it's balanced.

Bolt spells excluding firebolt too
    Favriel
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Guys, calm down
    it's just a funny sarcastic meme
    it's practically what the advancement guide is telling us anyway
    0L8lsDb.png

thats how you meant it.. right?
    Erorserv
  • BlortadBlortad
    Sherri wrote: »
    Guys, calm down
    it's just a funny sarcastic meme
    it's practically what the advancement guide is telling us anyway
    0L8lsDb.png

thats how you meant it.. right?

no, he was serious, look at his other posts
    Erorserv
  • BlortadBlortad
    edited August 26, 2017
    Have you considered disabling the monstrous list of useless garbage you may have running on your system?

The following should be of great service to you if you're not sure of what to kill and what to leave alone.

(shady link omitted)

How do you not see a problem with requiring a massive number of tweaks to your system, directed by some super shady website, to get a game this simple to run in any playable capacity? I don't need this giant list of system tweaks for literally any other game to function just fine, only for Mabi. Are you seriously trying to say that players are expected to go through and perform a giant list of tasks on their computer, many of which are dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, just so they can reduce their lag enough to be able to stand a chance at these tests? I mean really, this site literally directs you to download a script written by some random guy, it probably will ask you to disable your antivirus before running it too il bet, don't know, not about to download some random unknown script.

The point here is, if they aren't going to fix their game enough so that the level of precision requires for these is actually possible, they need to make it so its possible in the games current state. Expecting the laggy af NA servers to be able to do bs like these tests is the definition of having your cake and eating it too.
    ShouK
  • BlortadBlortad
    Oh, so I guess we're just ignoring the part where it says the phrase "using madbomb122’s script" then huh? If literally telling you in plain english to run a script written by an alias is somehow not telling you to run a script then I guess this isn't a forum, these aren't complaints about aggravating bugs and features, mabinogi's netcode isn't the most useless piece of trash ever mislabeled as functional, and there should never be anything done to fix it.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Oh, so I guess we're just ignoring the part where it says the phrase "using madbomb122’s script" then huh? If literally telling you in plain english to run a script written by an alias is somehow not telling you to run a script then I guess this isn't a forum, these aren't complaints about aggravating bugs and features, mabinogi's netcode isn't the most useless piece of trash ever mislabeled as functional, and there should never be anything done to fix it.
    Oh.. you mean the registry files I mentioned.. yeah .. they are prepacked for lazy douchecanoes who cant write their own files. (or are two lazy to read the list at the bottom of the page and decide for themselves what to leave on and what to turn off. ~ ... I'm done talking to you ... --
    PowerShell Script: “One click adjustments of service settings” that were previously done with my registry files and online Custom Services Registry Creation Tools are now adjustable. ~

Exactly, prepacked by some random guy, the purpose of its creation and what its presented as doing are irrelevant. Unless you have an amount of expertise adequate for determining whether a script is malicious or not for yourself, downloading any script from a non-professional third party source, and sometimes even from some professional third party sources, can be dangerous.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Oh.. you mean the registry files I mentioned.. yeah .. they are prepacked for lazy douchecanoes who cant write their own files. (or are two lazy to read the list at the bottom of the page and decide for themselves what to leave on and what to turn off. ~ ... I'm done talking to you ... --
    PowerShell Script: “One click adjustments of service settings” that were previously done with my registry files and online Custom Services Registry Creation Tools are now adjustable. ~

Exactly, prepacked by some random guy, the purpose of its creation and what its presented as doing are irrelevant. Unless you have an amount of expertise adequate for determining whether a script is malicious or not for yourself, downloading any script from a non-professional third party source, and sometimes even from some professional third party sources, can be dangerous.
    You're literally asking me to call you names aren't you? Do you not know how github works? You can read the contents of all files without downloading them. - The post was meant to help you. If it doesn't fine. If it does later on when you get it together and actually read it .. fine.. -- but don't make a fool of yourself or try to make one of me ..

My whole point is that being able to look at the files contents beforehand does you no good at all unless you know exactly what it is you're even looking at in the first place, and if you are well versed enough to be able to determine that then its very likely that you need neither that guide nor the easymode script in the first place anyways. Unless you genuinely know what you're doing, downloading anything from third party sources can be potentially harmful, that goes tenfold for third party sources that are just some random guy who made a thing. Even all that aside, once again, no other game I have ever played requires you to dig through a giant list of crap to maybe disable. Mabinogi requires this only because of its horrid netcode, which was designed for a smaller geographical region and wasn't adjusted much if any at all for the larger region that the NA servers cover. Not everyone who plays mabinogi is going to be literate enough with a computer to even begin to attempt any of the tweaks necessary for this game, let alone feel comfortable with doing it. That is why this sort of thing is SUPPOSED to be ironed out by the devs, and generally is with pretty much every other game that exists.
  • BlortadBlortad

You're literally asking me to call you names aren't you? Do you not know how github works? You can read the contents of all files without downloading them. - The post was meant to help you. If it doesn't fine. If it does later on when you get it together and actually read it .. fine.. -- but don't make a fool of yourself or try to make one of me ..

My whole point is that being able to look at the files contents beforehand does you no good at all unless you know exactly what it is you're even looking at in the first place, and if you are well versed enough to be able to determine that then its very likely that you need neither that guide nor the easymode script in the first place anyways. Unless you genuinely know what you're doing, downloading anything from third party sources can be potentially harmful, that goes tenfold for third party sources that are just some random guy who made a thing. Even all that aside, once again, no other game I have ever played requires you to dig through a giant list of crap to maybe disable. Mabinogi requires this only because of its horrid netcode, which was designed for a smaller geographical region and wasn't adjusted much if any at all for the larger region that the NA servers cover. Not everyone who plays mabinogi is going to be literate enough with a computer to even begin to attempt any of the tweaks necessary for this game, let alone feel comfortable with doing it. That is why this sort of thing is SUPPOSED to be ironed out by the devs, and generally is with pretty much every other game that exists.
    I don't know if you're missing what I said or purposely ignoring it. You do not need any of those scripts to use what I gave you. Not one.

"Even all that aside, once again, no other game I have ever played requires you to dig through a giant list of crap to maybe disable."

"Not everyone who plays mabinogi is going to be literate enough with a computer to even begin to attempt any of the tweaks necessary for this game, let alone feel comfortable with doing it."

Looks like an answer to that point to me. Shouldering this kind of thing on the players before they are able to get the game to a playable state is not a solution to a problem caused by their sloppy netcode.
  • BlortadBlortad

I don't know if you're missing what I said or purposely ignoring it. You do not need any of those scripts to use what I gave you. Not one. ~ and no, you are not being led to download any of them either. They are clearly marked (per purpose) and sourced for those who understand what they are. The fact is, you can create your own registry scripts for this in notepad .. nothing malicious about it..; just a bunch of on and off keys.

I imagine you probably think these files are full of spaghetti code no one can understand .. and you would be wrong .. ~

It doesnt have to be spaghetti code nobody can understand for it to be a bad idea to download something without knowing for sure what it is, nor does code have to be spaghetti for the average mmo gamer to be unable to understand it.
  • BlortadBlortad

I don't know if you're missing what I said or purposely ignoring it. You do not need any of those scripts to use what I gave you. Not one.

"Even all that aside, once again, no other game I have ever played requires you to dig through a giant list of crap to maybe disable."

"Not everyone who plays mabinogi is going to be literate enough with a computer to even begin to attempt any of the tweaks necessary for this game, let alone feel comfortable with doing it."

Looks like an answer to that point to me. Shouldering this kind of thing on the players before they are able to get the game to a playable state is not a solution to a problem caused by their sloppy netcode.
    Whoa stop. I didn't give you that information solely for Mabinogi. I don't know what gave you that impression, but, it was never my intention. I gave you that information to help you speed up (optimize) your system yourself (without forking over your paycheck to some cheese face at geek squad). Apply what you learn there to all of your everyday Windows usage .. regardless of the games you choose to play. There is a crap ton of useless stuff running on your system .. I can just about guarantee it. ~ :)

You provided that as a solution to the lag that plagues this game making some of the dan tests impossible. I didn't say those ONLY work for mabinogi, I said that mabinogi is near unplayable WITHOUT a bunch of stupid system tweaks when no other game is like that. Will the same tweaks improve performance in other games? Absolutely. Do most other games require them for the game to be reasonably playable? Hell no.
This discussion has been closed.