Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Instrument crafting mat?

HagimaHagima
Mabinogi Rep: 500
in Help
I got this from musical math dungeon . It says "the fomors use it as a material to make instruments". Does this mean we might be able to craft instruments?

Comments

• lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    yes
    Woodworking, and handicraft (lyre, and 2 others)
    Dunno if hillwen engi can do some too (guessing it can)
    All I know is it needs a friggin pile of mats for the lyre
    Hagima
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020

• joawsome7joawsome7
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    I've only gotten the melodic metals over the span of 10 runs, where do the other mats drop from or how low are the drop rates for them?
  • LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited December 15, 2016
    They probably (and unfortunately) also drop in the musical math dungeon, but everything atm in mabi seems to be suffering justa tad from a "grind alot and get lucky" scenario.
  • PoxiePoxie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,820
    I'm loving the musical math dungeon; I too got a craftable material it's neat that we could craft instruments :D
  • EvilJinnEvilJinn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Does anyone know if all the crafting mats come from Musical Math or do they drop other places? So far I've gotten from the dungeon:

instrument strings
    melodic metal board
    harmonic wood board

Any way of getting GM input on this?
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    New instruments? More like a new dungeon you'll have to run hundreds (if not thousands) of times for the materials to have a 20% chance of crafting said new instruments that give 5% better results than the stuff we have now.

nope nope nope nope.

Not doing it. This update brought nothing relevant to my interests.
  • joawsome7joawsome7
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    The only drop rate that concerns me so far is the song stardust and instrument strings.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    joawsome7
    joawsome7 said:

The only drop rate that concerns me so far is the song stardust and instrument strings.
    This.
    [Deleted User]
  • ElonwyeElonwye
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I know it's not a crafting material but I obtained this from one of the end chests.
    Pretty interesting.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 16, 2016
    OO... @Elonwye your lucky already getting a score book.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    edited December 16, 2016
    I mean tbh the dungeon is pretty quick and easy and seems to frequently drop of at least one material. Sure it's gonna be a bit of a grind but the instruments are gorgeous and free so.....
  • SapphiraMuseSapphiraMuse
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    For those curious about the craftable instruments:

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/musicq/musical-math
    (very bottom of the page)
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited December 16, 2016
    Elonwye
    Elonwye said:

I know it's not a crafting material but I obtained this from one of the end chests.
    Pretty interesting.
    What the actual heck is that.

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

Elonwye
    Elonwye said:

Pretty interesting.
    What the actual heck is that.

It's a book that you can put multiple score scrolls into. Saves you inventory space as well as not needing to change scrolls to play through several songs in a row.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

It's a book that you can put multiple score scrolls into. Saves you inventory space as well as not needing to change scrolls to play through several songs in a row.
    I require ten of these.

• andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

Ktty
    Ktty said:

I require ten of these.

I require 20 of these.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Getting really annoyed forgetting what needs what, so I'm just going to make a list of materials for each instrument here for everyone (and mostly my forgetful self).

Carpentry Items:
    Milky Way Ukulele: 1 Harmonic Wood Board+1 Instrument String
    Milky Way Chalumeau: 5 Harmonic Wood Boards+10 Melodic Metal Boards
    Milky Way Cello: 8 Harmonic Wood Boards+1 Instrument String+1 Song Stardust
    Milky Way Roncadora: 8 Harmonic Wood Boards+15 Melodic Metal Boards

Engineering Items:
    Milky Way Bass Drums: 2 Harmonic Wood Boards+4 Melodic Metal Boards
    Milky Way Electric Guitar: 22 Melodic Metal Boards+2 Instrument Strings+1 Soing Stardust

Handicraft Items:
    Milky Way Cymbals: 1 Melodic Metal Board+1 Song Stardust
    Milky Way Whistle: 10 Melodic Metal Boards+1 Song Stardust
    Milky Way Lyre: 10 Harmonic Wood Boards+20 Melodic Metal Boards+2 Instrument Strings

Everything else I can't find in my crafting menus, even though I'm rank 1 in all those skills.
    SignaturevamprynnoldybEraleaEvil Pacman
  • PhormPhorm
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    Elonwye
    Elonwye said:

Pretty interesting.
    Holy heck man, if I'm understanding that right, I think that book basically triples how many notes can be used in a song. "If there are no more notes to be played on a specific part of a Music Score, the notes in the next Music Score may be played." So like, if one track ends, the next can begin? Not even the whole scroll, just the one track? Like, dang, I both really do hope I'm reading that right, and really hope I'm misunderstanding. Having that many notes lets us make longer songs, but also could be used to make crazy long troll songs. D8
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

Everything else I can't find in my crafting menus, even though I'm rank 1 in all those skills.
    So there's no way to craft the harp or piano?