Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Dan tests are unbalanced and unfair

Comments

• FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    TNinja wrote: »
    Icebolt and Ice Spear are pretty stupif.

They send you Ice Sprites, the very things resisting ice magic. And then you have to fight a golem, the very thing that resists all magic in general. It's worse when it's just icebolt, because you'll just provoke the golem for every shot you do.

What kind of degenerate decision and design is this?

if you pay attention to the crystals, the element of the monster that spawns next should show up in the form of a bolt floating around them.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wonder, is it a bug that all RP characters (even self-RP like this test) don't have certain skill changes active?

Like Icebolt doesn't slow enemies or recover some of your MP.
    Or assault slash doesn't splash with a melee weapon.
    Same with Charge splash with a melee weapon.
    Nerdylicious
  • NerdyliciousNerdylicious
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    I'll have to agree these tests are pretty unbalanced. I got Dan 3 puppetry and combat super easily while magic and range especially magnum shot Dan 3 on an elf is god near impossible. I don't understand also why some players always insist on belittling others when they make a complaint about something, this happens all the time which is why i rarely come to the forums, they truly act like Nexon lap dogs...The Dan system needs rebalanced ASAP. I've already spent over 5M on trying to get Dan 3 mag, lightning bolt, and have nothing to show for it. I am beyond frustrated and i find solidarity seeing others having the same problems, all the best to everyone.
    SherriPannyaChaosShadow
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I wonder, is it a bug that all RP characters (even self-RP like this test) don't have certain skill changes active?

Like Icebolt doesn't slow enemies or recover some of your MP.
    Or assault slash doesn't splash with a melee weapon.
    Same with Charge splash with a melee weapon.

That sounds like a pretty huge oversight. That needs a Bug Report written on it, if one hasn't already been made.
    Nerdylicious
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Buffalos wrote: »

That sounds like a pretty huge oversight. That needs a Bug Report written on it, if one hasn't already been made.

Unfortunately, it might be intended, I'd like to believe it isn't, but for example, in Lorraine's nightmare events (And Festia when it was added) ice spear still operates under its old system of making an enemy unable to be hit, but smash can still inflict its secondary bonuses.

Also in the dan test they do say something about secondary skill effects being removed, I can't recall the exact wording, but I believe I've seen something like that.
    NerdyliciousTheNyanCat
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Ok I'm at the Healing Dan 3 test.

This is horrendeous.
    NerdyliciousImaizumi
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    TNinja wrote: »
    Ok I'm at the Healing Dan 3 test.

This is horrendeous.

May the RNG be with you..
    It's like there a certain amount of hits the gutsy chick needs to do on the red bear but also take hits.
    Too much of one and not enough of the other prevents the SS rank.
    It also doesn't help that at times, they will both go defense and walk around, or the bear will ready counter and the chick with just stand there in combat mode.
    NerdyliciousTheNyanCat
  • ZintackZintack
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
    So far- the only one that pisses me off the most is firebolt dan3. :^J Already got so told so many tips and tricks but y'know. 1.5m+ later, and I still can't beat it. Today I got 11.5k but lagged for a sold 10-15 seconds loading. I have to have absolutely NO LAG in order to pass that test. Looks like I won't be getting that magic animation anytime soon.
  • LegantLegant
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    Zintack wrote: »
    So far- the only one that pisses me off the most is firebolt dan3. :^J Already got so told so many tips and tricks but y'know. 1.5m+ later, and I still can't beat it. Today I got 11.5k but lagged for a sold 10-15 seconds loading. I have to have absolutely NO LAG in order to pass that test. Looks like I won't be getting that magic animation anytime soon.

You think that's bad? Just got this today lmao :9

mabinogi_2017_09_06_003_zpsguuqrs4b.jpg

ffs Nexon, you guys owe me a damn SS =="
    GretaBuffalosKokoroIyasenuZintackTheNyanCat
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited September 6, 2017
    Legant wrote: »

I'd be soo upset at that I'd ask customer support for help. That's crushing.
    LegantTheNyanCat
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Oddly enough, it mush have been a glitch or something, but I got SS on Dan 3 Smash with 11950 Points, getting me the last SS I needed. Not sure if that was a glitch or something.

Still.... How did you get single digit points? I thought all of the tests used 10s or some kind. 30pts, 50pts, 150pts, etc....
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Felice wrote: »
    Oddly enough, it mush have been a glitch or something, but I got SS on Dan 3 Smash with 11950 Points, getting me the last SS I needed. Not sure if that was a glitch or something.

Still.... How did you get single digit points? I thought all of the tests used 10s or some kind. 30pts, 50pts, 150pts, etc....

I think firebolt gives a point bonus at the end based on your max damage done. Since you can deal odd damage values, that bonus could be an odd number.
  • JexsoJexso
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Git gud.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    For Flame Burst Dan Test, you ended up starting with only 500 HP out of full HP. It is so broken
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited September 7, 2017
    Legant wrote: »
    Zintack wrote: »

And I though I had reason enough to be mad coming up 20 points short the day before I finally cleared it. >_>

I took the...less conventional route, cleaning out the trash in the first three waves with fusion bolts as fast as possible, getting to the infinitely respawning golems with a bit over 3 minutes left, then spamming firebolt as fast as my fingers and my connection would let me. It's probably not what the designers intended, but you can rack up points much faster that way (basically 100 points per charge, rather than 2-4 charges for 50 points) than actually trying to clear everything with slow-casting firebolts. I'd have never even broken 10k trying to do it the hard way.
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Mizuko wrote: »
    For Flame Burst Dan Test, you ended up starting with only 500 HP out of full HP. It is so broken

I mean, that's kind of the point of this test. As someone who wants to Dan rank Flame Burst, you have to know that Flame Burst damage scales with HP.

You're being tested on how well you can use your other alchemy skills, and even some combat skills, to avoid being hit, how well you can regain enough HP to get a large point bonus from damage, and how you could garner the highest amount of points with the way Flame Burst works, all at the same time.

If you're having trouble getting SS rank on the test, I strongly suggest having at least having rank 1 smash, windmill, counter, combat mastery, assault slash, water cannon, rain cast, sand burst, wind blast, alchemy mastery, and fire alchemy.

I would also check out the other thread for tips on the flame burst test. I actually like the way they did the alchemy dans.

---

Though, I have to say, the Magnum Shot test is kind of rediculous for humans. Doable, as I recently got mine to Dan 3, but you need to be rather lucky with low aim % shots and crits.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited September 7, 2017
    Nomnomnoms wrote: »

I mean, that's kind of the point of this test. As someone who wants to Dan rank Flame Burst, you have to know that Flame Burst damage scales with HP.

You're being tested on how well you can use your other alchemy skills, and even some combat skills, to avoid being hit, how well you can regain enough HP to get a large point bonus from damage, and how you could garner the highest amount of points with the way Flame Burst works, all at the same time.

If you're having trouble getting SS rank on the test, I strongly suggest having at least having rank 1 smash, windmill, counter, combat mastery, assault slash, water cannon, rain cast, sand burst, wind blast, alchemy mastery, and fire alchemy.

I would also check out the other thread for tips on the flame burst test. I actually like the way they did the alchemy dans.

---

Though, I have to say, the Magnum Shot test is kind of rediculous for humans. Doable, as I recently got mine to Dan 3, but you need to be rather lucky with low aim % shots and crits.

do you even play this game?, the servers are extremly bad, there is lag sometimes even on no market channels, the adv test revamp was made for kr only (kr internet speed only), we got no localization adjustments here at all, the dan teste are actually unbalanced and unfair here.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited September 7, 2017
    double post...
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Pannya wrote: »

do you even play this game?, the servers are extremly bad, there is lag sometimes even on no market channels, the adv test revamp was made for kr only (kr internet speed only), we got no localization adjustments here at all, the dan teste are actually unbalanced and unfair here.

It would be kind of silly of me to post on a forum and dole out advice about a game I don't actually play, don't you think?

I personally only have problems with lag when i'm attempting the Dan test on the market channel. That's when I start to freeze up every once in a while.

I play on a dinosaur laptop, and every time I run mabi, it tells me that I might run into problems because my graphics card or something or other isn't up to date. The game still works relatively smoothly. Maybe I have been blessed with better internet, and i'm not going to complain about that, but it sounds like the problem you're having isn't so much on how balanced the test is, but the fact that you're constantly and consistently lagging.
    lceCream
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    edited September 7, 2017

---

I actually hated the idea. When blinkers comes at you, you will get swarmed. FYI, I already have all skills rank 1 and capped beforehand. Doing this in 5 min is kinda short if you are being swarmed regardless of tactic.
    Buffalos
This discussion has been closed.