Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Feature Not Mentioned in Patch Notes Found

Clovis15Clovis15
Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
edited September 9, 2017 in General Chat
I recently discovered that the latest-patch makes it so Support Puppets now show which pillar to hit during Dungeons on Iria, something they didn't previously perform (I imagine this increase of functionality was deliberately added to help promote the new Support Puppets available in the upcoming Gachapon).
[Deleted User]pawcalypse

Comments

• AngelBishimirAngelBishimir
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    I have not support puppet so i can't tell something about that... but reading that works only in Iria dungs semms pretty useless...
  • VitulaVitula
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    I have not support puppet so i can't tell something about that... but reading that works only in Iria dungs semms pretty useless...

They've always done it in Uladh dungeons and Shadow Missions! However doing it in Iria dungeons as well is a new feature ^^
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Are you sure this came with the latest patch, or could it be you just now found out about it?

(the mechanic itself).

Example: http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Rin_Tohsaka_Support_Puppet

"Reveals the correct switch in dungeon switch rooms via a sparkling effect on the orb."
    Off-topic: I noticed a few patches back; the once removed "right-click-on-a-mimic-detection-method" has returned.

I was doing iria dungeons as of a week or two ago with a support puppet on and definitely didn't get the sparkly indicator that uladh has. Glad we got these updates though! :)
    [Deleted User]Vitulapawcalypse
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    edited September 9, 2017
    To Hardmuscle:

I've had a Yui for quite some time now (basically ever since a few months after the SAO event). Since Yui doesn't have a daily-usage timer, I almost never take her off. While it's worked in Shadow Missions and Uladh Dungeons for a long-time at this juncture, only hyper-recently did she begin providing the same-functionality over in Iria. This isn't a case of being new-to-me, but rather a case of being new-entirely.
    [Deleted User]
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Sorry, I should've been more clear.
    [Deleted User]
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    it definitely is from the new patch because I just ran Par ruins and Par snow ruins several times last week for taming journal and helping someone get Hailstorm and Yui only showed the full dungeon map. No orbs lit up

I'm glad to hear they finally added it for Iria dungeons :D now we just need Iria dungeon revamp and commerce. MAKE IRIA GREAT AGAIN
    [Deleted User]ShadowtivanipawcalypseAtaraxiz
  • VitulaVitula
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Are you sure this came with the latest patch, or could it be you just now found out about it?

(the mechanic itself).

Example: http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Rin_Tohsaka_Support_Puppet

"Reveals the correct switch in dungeon switch rooms via a sparkling effect on the orb."
    Off-topic: I noticed a few patches back; the once removed "right-click-on-a-mimic-detection-method" has returned.

I too have had a support puppet and frequently run Iria dungeons. This is definitely new! I'm super pleased with this new patch ^^
    [Deleted User]
  • VitulaVitula
    Arjune wrote: »
    it definitely is from the new patch because I just ran Par ruins and Par snow ruins several times last week for taming journal and helping someone get Hailstorm and Yui only showed the full dungeon map. No orbs lit up

I'm glad to hear they finally added it for Iria dungeons :D now we just need Iria dungeon revamp and commerce. MAKE IRIA GREAT AGAIN

Suuuper off topic but: IMAGINE Commerce from Fillia to Tara....
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited September 9, 2017
    Vitula wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

oh heck no :P it would be better if Irira had their own routes and no cross-continent shenanigans LOL... though they would have to set up a bunch of new base camps around the areas or there wouldn't be enough places to take goods. I would love to see elf and giant specific outlaws. :D

and yeah I guess Iria never was really that 'great' though I do remember having a blast digging up statues and restoring artifacts back in the day.... hunting ancients and running longa ruins a bunch as a newb. I spent more time in Iria than Uladh tbh
    Vitula[Deleted User]NegumikoClovis15pawcalypse
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    It'd be pretty awesome if we could run goods via sled-dog team through Physis.
    [Deleted User]Crimsọnpawcalypse
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    To Hardmuscle:

I've had a Yui for quite some time now (basically ever since a few months after the SAO event). Since Yui doesn't have a daily-usage timer, I almost never take her off. While it's worked in Shadow Missions and Uladh Dungeons for a long-time at this juncture, only hyper-recently did she begin providing the same-functionality over in Iria. This isn't a case of being new-to-me, but rather a case of being new-entirely.

Are you 100% certain this applies to ALL Support Puppets? Because I hate to be "That one Person" but the Permanent Yui from the SAO Gacha, has always had the ability to reveal the correct dungeon orbs. She doesn't always do it, but she has always had the ability since she was added.

Regarding her doing that in Iria dungeons, I don't know if that is new or not or if Yui has always done it. But again, does this reveal of the correct orb, apply to all support puppets? the Belishas? the ones from Fate? or just SAO Yui? if it is just Yui, this has always been a thing since she was added, that is what set her apart from the others and made her so stupidly expensive.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Felice wrote: »

Are you 100% certain this applies to ALL Support Puppets? Because I hate to be "That one Person" but the Permanent Yui from the SAO Gacha, has always had the ability to reveal the correct dungeon orbs. She doesn't always do it, but she has always had the ability since she was added.

Regarding her doing that in Iria dungeons, I don't know if that is new or not or if Yui has always done it. But again, does this reveal of the correct orb, apply to all support puppets? the Belishas? the ones from Fate? or just SAO Yui? if it is just Yui, this has always been a thing since she was added, that is what set her apart from the others and made her so stupidly expensive.

I can't say about the Fate ones or Belishas, but since the fishing event came out with the permanent support puppet coupon, my Halloween Ghost Support Puppet always did the same as SAO Yui one, except that Yui talks to you during commerce (and normally?). Both Yui and Halloween Ghost don't have any timer to use (I know some of them have around a 2hours usage per day)
    Iria dungeon orbs never showed to me, now they actually do.
    E1lBlVI.jpg

[As for shadow missions, I always read that they can detect them but never actually tried it as I never remember to use it inside :( ]

• NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335

I can't say about the Fate ones or Belishas, but since the fishing event came out with the permanent support puppet coupon, my Halloween Ghost Support Puppet always did the same as SAO Yui one, except that Yui talks to you during commerce (and normally?). Both Yui and Halloween Ghost don't have any timer to use (I know some of them have around a 2hours usage per day)
    E1lBlVI.jpg

[As for shadow missions, I always read that they can detect them but never actually tried it as I never remember to use it inside :( ]

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited September 10, 2017
    To Hardmuscle:

Yui never showed the correct "orb" in Iria dungeons (possibly due to many of them working slightly different than Uladh).

Just tested Par with a Shadow Bat Support Puppet, and the correct orb showed in the one room that was an orb room.

Nah, that's just going through a huge open desert.

Physis would be interesting. Traversing through the Nubes Mountains, through Solea (so many narrow passageways and dead ends). Heck, even more extreme; Zardine.

NekoLily wrote: »

E1lBlVI.jpg

I can see why you don't remember to use it in SMs; the only orbs it works on in SMs are the ones in Rath Castle where there's a room with 4 orbs (excluding the one mission where four orbs spawn in the dining room, as all four spawn enemies in that part).
  • ArjuneArjune
    This just goes to show how many people don't run Iria dungeons when they're still talking about how Yui has always shown dungeon orbs since release, but somehow they didn't know about her 3 year inability to show Iria dungeon orbs.... and this person was just excited and wanted to tell us about it and now they have to face this "didn't you know she's always showed dungeon orbs?" man if I was this OP I'd just walk away at this point lol

WgxJOOd.gif

Here I tried with a perma halloween support puppet. those have never worked in Iria dungeon either until now
    ChibiMeguClovis15
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    This is awesome and something I have always wondered why why yui wouldn't work in iria dungeons.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    To Arjune:

It's okay, I really should've covered all my bases upfront in the initial-explanation. Mabinogi is a pretty-huge game, and - as such - I shouldn't immediately assume everyone's familiar with the before-state of any-given phenomenon (especially if it's lesser-used content).

To Gaea:

I read somewhere once that much of Iria uses a somewhat-different game-engine than Uladh (so as to enable the wide-open spaces not seen elsewhere), so it might just be a result of the dev-team - whom initially-added Support Puppets - not bothering to enable that feature for both-engines (the current-team seems far more willing to poke and prod under the hood, actually modifying the spaghetti-code mess beneath, than their forebears have been). I don't - however - know if this is necessarily-true, yet I wouldn't be surprised if it was given how different-directors kept haphazardly-bolting new-systems on top of each-other over time.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155

I would like to see several commerce elephants on board that tiny little boat that takes use between Iria and Uladh.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I read somewhere once that much of Iria uses a somewhat-different game-engine than Uladh (so as to enable the wide-open spaces not seen elsewhere), so it might just be a result of the dev-team - whom initially-added Support Puppets - not bothering to enable that feature for both-engines (the current-team seems far more willing to poke and prod under the hood, actually modifying the spaghetti-code mess beneath, than their forebears have been). I don't - however - know if this is necessarily-true, yet I wouldn't be surprised if it was given how different-directors kept haphazardly-bolting new-systems on top of each-other over time.

If that is true then there is no reason why they couldn't integrate a better gaming engine for our current mabinogi. HA!
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    To Arjune:

It's okay, I really should've covered all my bases upfront in the initial-explanation. Mabinogi is a pretty-huge game, and - as such - I shouldn't immediately assume everyone's familiar with the before-state of any-given phenomenon (especially if it's lesser-used content).

Actually your initial explanation was pretty clear, and concise no idea why you had to try and clarify it a few times after due to some people lacking knowledge, or reading comprehension. If they had no knowledge on the topic it was upto them to go do their research, or they could have just passed on the topic without commenting.

BTW Thanks for the info I still remember how I was like EHH YUI DON'T WORK HERE? when it was 1st released. If you didn't post this topic I probably never would have known as I was only putting my Yui on in SM's, and dungeons in Udalah.
    NekoLily