Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Publish Gachapon Drop Rates

BuffalosBuffalos
Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
in Feedback and Suggestions
This has been something I've seen thrown around the Discord a bit, but kinda curious on thoughts. Also this is how stuff is done so here we go

As you may or may not know, some online gaming companies are releasing the general drop rates for items within their paid loot boxes/gacha/whatever by choice or by law. The typical method seems to be the company assigns a grade to each reward item, and they then give a general percentage of each box generating an item from one of these grade pools. From my understanding the Korean version of Mabi does this, however NA currently does not.

So my suggestion is that NA starts publishing similar drop rates on their gacha pages for the benefit of potential buyers. If I'm going to gamble on something I'm spending actual money on, I feel like I should know what my general chances are directly from the source rather than baseless speculation. I have a feeling that such a change would have to be done on a Nexon-scale rather than just one game, but it's worth a shot.

~william36220/Alexina
TaffytaPoxie[Deleted User]RaintheswordlilblkroseSherriNerdyliciousDianusia
  1. Should Nexon publish drop rates?68 votes
    1. RELEASE THE NUMBERS
       96% (65 votes)
    2. No
       4% (3 votes)

Comments

• DarkConductorDarkConductor
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    Given mabi rng, I would like for them to post numbers; however, I doubt they would post probability numbers here because it would scare away people who are considering of buying the gacha.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Apparently this stuff works well enough in Korea, so perhaps it'd be time for Nexon NA to tailor our drop tables before releasing a gacha?
    The way I see it is if someone is entirely deterred from buying any gacha when given a drop rate table, they were probably going to spend far too much on it to begin with.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    I know KR gacha drop rate is way lower than ours but still want to know drop rate for our version as well. :3c
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    I'd kinda like to know why people would be opposed to this. Is it because you're afraid no one will ever buy gacha? Or something else?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    After seeing how stupidly rare the black bag coupon is and seeing it sell for 50m then yes.... I'd like that. I really regret wasting 30k nx this time around and now I can't get the pet gacha when it comes
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    I'd be all for it. Dunno why someone would be opposed to more transparency.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    The fact that a law had to be written to force KR and CN games into publishing them is a huge hint that no company is gonna do it voluntarily lol.

If anything, US laws are so protective of corporations that the opposite is more likely to happen.
    LeiliciaSherriiMattxC
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    It depends on who it is. For example: I'm sure there's something you don't want me to know. Think about it. ~ Am I wrong? If you were them (the company), would you want this? Forget about needs and what is or isn't expected of anyone and just focus on the reality of the question. Would you want someone (or everyone) to know all of your secrets? What if these secrets threatened your very existence?

Obligatory "you don't need to read the drop table" post.
    Eralea wrote: »
    The fact that a law had to be written to force KR and CN games into publishing them is a huge hint that no company is gonna do it voluntarily lol.

I don't think the laws came about because of shady business, but more out of making online gambling be put under the same legal watch as real-life gambling.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    What if, after you read it, you learn you needed to read it a decade ago? I'm betting most would split, a gasket. :trollface:

You can't fix the past, but if it'll keep them from throwing every dollar they own at something digital that would be a (mostly) positive change.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited September 18, 2017
    Anyone who votes no is either watercat or dumb.

Rates could help others who may or may not gach frequently better decide if their $15 dollars is worth spending to get either gems or an actual item of interest. Honestly see no reason to not have it other than to mislead buyers.
    LeiliciaSherri
  • SebastianSebastian
    Sebastian wrote: »

Rates could help others who may or may not gach frequently better decide if their $15 dollars is worth spending to get either gems or an actual item of interest. Honestly see no reason to not have it other than to mislead buyers.
    It's fair to ask them to release numbers on an "all new" gachapon, but it's not equally fair to ask for a release against something you've already purchased (especially if said information is incriminating). The latter would only work if there was a law requiring them to do so and/or if said rates were not 'incriminating' (which for some reason I highly doubt is //or would end up being// the case). I still voted yes. lol.

1. I don't know where releasing rates for already published Gachapon sales came in. Kindly direct me to where if it was mentioned.
    2. Laws are just rules with more strict repercussions. A lack of sales would honestly do the trick. People don't want trash for their cash. Unfortunately, I don't see the whales participating in this "rebellion" of gachapon any time soon.
    Sherri
  • SebastianSebastian

It's fair to ask them to release numbers on an "all new" gachapon, but it's not equally fair to ask for a release against something you've already purchased (especially if said information is incriminating). The latter would only work if there was a law requiring them to do so and/or if said rates were not 'incriminating' (which for some reason I highly doubt is //or would end up being// the case). I still voted yes. lol.
    1. I don't know where releasing rates for already published Gachapon sales came in. Kindly direct me to where if it was mentioned.
    2. Laws are just rules with more strict repercussions. A lack of sales would honestly do the trick. People don't want trash for their cash. Unfortunately, I don't see the whales participating in this "rebellion" of gachapon any time soon.
    I could ask you the opposite. Did I imply anything contradictory? Where was anything said to make the topic exclusive to "newly released Gachapon", prior to my hinting it might be wise for them to choose that alternative, should they decide to release such rates to begin with? :unamused:

You're not worth the effort.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited September 19, 2017
    Hi. Please don't lock this thread.
    @Hardmuscle Honestly why did you bring that up at all? If your intent was to get people to ask you why you brought it up, you shouldn't have.
    SherriArchdukeValeCortez
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Am I the only one with a working clock and calendar? // Calls @Shoog

Huh?
    Why did I bring what up @Buffalos ? When?

Pondering about posting older gacha rates and how that wouldn't be fair. That knowledge would grant very little to the playerbase, arranging it would be a logistical nightmare, and posting it wouldn't be useful at all (who in their right mind would want to read about the drop rates from a gacha from nearly a decade ago?).
    Sherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    I think the two of you attacking my opinion on this 28 hours after I first gave it (yet moments after slapping your friends at nation) is a little too ironic for any sane person's blood. Sebastian came here to troll me, and you're guiding them along for the ride.

1) It's a different thread and I keep thread mentalities separate from each other because I have to. If I kept old thread stuff against everyone in mind when replying I wouldn't post here at all.
    And bringing up other stuff is going to get a small Suggestion thread like this locked and I'd rather this one didn't.
    2) This thread is in the Suggestions section. It's not that far from the top of the forum home page, but it's far enough where I don't see it when I first load it. I missed this thread because I forgot about it. Also had notifications off so there's that.
    3) I HONESTLY wanted to know why you brought that past gacha thing up at all. That's it. Read the post, you can see it.
    4) If I was guiding Sebastian I'd like to imagine I'd teach him some sense of timing or better one liners.
    Sherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    You're seriously over the top. I will not (nor do I have to) put up with anyone dictating to me what I am allowed to think. You did not state what I "brought up" nor did you not state it. Nothing was outlined beforehand preventing or warding me from having or "bringing up" an opinion or a thought of my own. ~ Choose your words wisely.

Okay.

What do you mean by this? I'm confused by both this post, and why you're thinking I'm attacking you here with these:
    Buffalos wrote: »
    0 Hardmuscle Honestly why did you bring that up at all? If your intent was to get people to ask you why you brought it up, you shouldn't have.
    Why did I bring what up @Buffalos ? When?
    Pondering about posting older gacha rates and how that wouldn't be fair. That knowledge would grant very little to the playerbase, arranging it would be a logistical nightmare, and posting it wouldn't be useful at all (who in their right mind would want to read about the drop rates from a gacha from nearly a decade ago?).
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    If anything gets this thread locked it will be the above quoted post.

The 'premise' (motive) of this thread's existence reads like an open book.

It didn't come to this on the basis of a relationship built on trust.

That wasn't targeting opinion, that was targeting what would become a bunch of off topic banter between you two.
    Honestly everything up to the post I was curious about should just be deleted.
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    I think you all need to calm down. Some of you sound aggressive when replying to each other. It sounded like Hardmuscle was playing devil's advocate and trying to explain that releasing this table would hurt Nexon's bottom line even if it was morally right for them to do so. Because of that, they wouldn't want to. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got. Anyways, calm down. I must return to the shadows.
    [Deleted User]
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Removed a bit of de-railment from here. Please remain on topic everyone.
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 4, 2017
    Seeing how Nexon KR has recently been doing this for Gachapon releases, it should be a rather simple thing to to do, all you'd have to do is translate and re-type.
    Sherri