Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

gatcha

ShybunbunShybunbun
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited December 29, 2016 in Item/Premium Shop
can i get a refund i brought 50$ worth of gatcha and i only got 1 devil slayer and the rest bubble stickers and 2 reforges this was the worst gatcha ever i basicly got scammed of my money
  1. Gatcha is rigged for bad items53 votes
    1. yes and we should get refunds
       15% (8 votes)
    2. no and we should not get refunds
       85% (45 votes)

Comments

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    When you buy gacha first ready yourself to throw the cash out the window. Or invest in something solid like the false faces outfit lotto thing or a pet.
    AyuDarkpixie99Rerisu
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Gacha is pretty much like gambling. You may hit it big or you may flop. Sorry it wasn't a good pull for you OP, but sadly refunds are not possible.
    SylviaWolfeErydanosGretaRerisuPoxieMeyClovis15
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I can say that after some of the gacha I had done (tails gacha) I would've loved a refund. But alas... even I know such a thing will never happen. After all lotto doesn't give refunds after I don't win. Why would any other type of gambling?
    Berryswirl
  • ShybunbunShybunbun
    the votes are for refunds so we should get them
  • JakimoJakimo
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    It's a "got-cha" for a reason. Basically it's a luck of the draw, getting a refund after getting a bad draw doesn't mean you wouldn't be exempt from getting another bad draw. We've all felt that kind of pain, just have to hop back on and debate if you want to spend that money again.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Even though refunds are nice, yes, it is gambling and you don't get your money back for gambling.

Try buying things for in game gold instead of trying to gacha them.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 31, 2016
    Quoting Jakimo "It's a "got-cha" for a reason. Basically it's a luck of the draw, getting a refund after getting a bad draw doesn't mean you wouldn't be exempt from getting another bad draw. We've all felt that kind of pain, just have to hop back on and debate if you want to spend that money again."

Actually according to Wikipedia:
    "The terms gashapon (ガシャポン?) or gachapon (ガチャポン?) refer to a variety of vending machine-dispensed capsule toys popular in Japan and elsewhere. "Gashapon" is a Japanese onomatopoeia composed of two sounds: "gasha" (or "gacha") for the sound of a crank on a toy vending machine, and "pon" for the sound of the toy capsule dropping into the receptacle. Gashapon may describe both the machines themselves and the toys obtained from them."

Though it is unfortunate, Gachapon are a blind-box sort of item, so refunds can't be given. =(
    Erydanos
  • JakimoJakimo
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Quote from Leinei*
    While I didn't know that was the actual reason they are called Gachapon's that meaning is surprisingly fitting.
  • ShybunbunShybunbun
    i should at least get something back
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Shybunbun
    Shybunbun said:

People who visit Las Vegas probably wish the same thing. But it will never happen.
  • ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    This couldn't be Mabinogi's official forums w/o players complaining about the gacha rates.

Shybunbun, though I do feel sorry for you, remember that gachas are a game of chance. Sometimes people get damn lucky, and other times they get damn unlucky. And just like games of chance there are no refunds or consolation prizes.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Most of us veteran players will only Gachapon if we're desperate and too lazy to spend large amounts of gold on one item, but other than that there's a reason why there are so little player shops selling gachapon items nowadays. Everyone has left to other games with better Cash Shop models where you know that you'll get that outfit you want plus more stuff if there's a tiered spender handing out free items for 10-30 bucks instead of 50-100.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I just gachapon every now and again because I feel like it, and even then I don't spend more than ten bucks.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Unfortunately that's not how business works. You paid for your chances, not to win. If we got refunds for all the lottery tickets we didn't win, we'd never have to play the lottery again.
    Although I'd really love if they'd reveal the % chance of getting the rare stuff so it feels less of a blind gamble.

Although Gachapon legally isn't classed as Gambling (because you're guaranteed a prize every time, even if its garbage.) its still something we all need to do responsibly. Maybe it's best to take a break from Gacha if you're finding yourself in this situation frequently.
  • LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Giegue
    Giegue said:

Unfortunately that's not how business works. You paid for your chances, not to win. If we got refunds for all the lottery tickets we didn't win, we'd never have to play the lottery again.
    Although I'd really love if they'd reveal the % chance of getting the rare stuff so it feels less of a blind gamble.
    Ironically, KR actually implemented such a thing recently.

But I honestly have my doubts about NA doing anything remotedly close to it. After all, they weren't actually "forced" to do it.

... yet.
    CassaSylviaWolfe
  • AmixiaoAmixiao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
    edited January 5, 2017
    Shybunbun
    Shybunbun said:

No you shouldn't. It's literally RNG. It's luck of the draw. Get something back via selling the items you pulled for gold.