Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Crash Everytime When Access Webpage

EllisyaEllisya
Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
edited September 15, 2017 in Technical Support
Due recent Windows update (Microsof Edge), it seems those people who updated their windows as well are getting crashed (Client just makes error; Program is not working w/e message) whenever we access webpage (Which uses Internet Explorer) linked function, such as Guild Page and Cash Shop. I have tested many ways and it's just keep happening.

Default Browser ; Google Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)

IGN : Crea
Tarlach

Comments

• LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I have win10, and I can access guild page and cash shop pretty fine. Though Cash shop via in game page has always been laggy for me, way before win10s update.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    edited September 15, 2017
    Leilicia wrote: »
    I have win10, and I can access guild page and cash shop pretty fine. Though Cash shop via in game page has always been laggy for me, way before win10s update.

Problem is that It was totally fine till today's Maintenance (window update). If it was just me then I wouldn't really mind. It's happening to 5 of my guildies, several people from mabinogi discord, even quite a lot of people in game were talking about that. Nothing is modified (client/files), no internet issue, no PC performance issue either. I'm 100% sure it's happening because of recent update (Windows/IE/Edge?).
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    That's strange, since I'm not affected by that at all. I'm not good at tech stuff like that, @Hardmuscle would probably have a better idea. eue; It could also be because I don't restart my laptop, so I may not have the same update file as you for windows 10.

edit: I just checked and I need to update. Further pushes me to believe that this is why I'm unaffected by the same issue as you.
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I'm on the same Windows version and started noticing this crash as well. Mabinogi never opened web pages in your system's default browser: always forced IE for some ungodly reason. Did Microsoft officially stop updating IE on Windows 10?
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I'm on the same Windows version and started noticing this crash as well. Mabinogi never opened web pages in your system's default browser: always forced IE for some ungodly reason. Did Microsoft officially stop updating IE on Windows 10?

I just put the version and browser I use just in case xD

Leilicia wrote: »
    That's strange, since I'm not affected by that at all. I'm not good at tech stuff like that, @Hardmuscle would probably have a better idea. eue; It could also be because I don't restart my laptop, so I may not have the same update file as you for windows 10.

edit: I just checked and I need to update. Further pushes me to believe that this is why I'm unaffected by the same issue as you.

Yea when I woke up, my PC was rebooted so I was like 'Hmm I guess there was a window update' on that day. Those people who didn't update their windows, like few of my friends, are not getting affected by this. T.T
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    We are looking into this issue.
  • BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    Opening cash shop causes main human character to crash. I was able to open the cash shop using an elf character
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    I would try updating your plugins for Java, Shockwave, and Flash Player as websites can act strangely if any of these are outdated compared to what the website needs to run. If you're already running latest versions you could try clearing your browser history to flush out any old cookie references and basically reload the page from scratch. Maybe check to make sure your browser is updated to the latest version and that you don't have any windows updates pending install. If all that fails you could try using another browser if possible to see if the functionality is more stable.
  • AmyureAmyure
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    Just adding a +1. Literally cannot spend nx on anything ingame.
  • 6f09096f0909
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,340
    +1 from me too. My game always crashes whenever I try to access the cash shop, and I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Buffalos

IE received an update when I checked last Saturday (refer to my prior post for specifics). IE is an integrated part of the Windows Environment. Millions (literally millions, hundreds of millions; probably hundreds of billions; okay, maybe not that many, lol lots) of applications are built on it and around it. It's much more than, "a pathetic browser no one in their right mind wants to use in 2017". :trollface:

Oh I know that it's hard-integrated in just about everything at this point. I'm just more surprised that devCAT/Korea haven't done what most other game companies have done and made web links open your computer's default browser instead of an instance of IE that's directly tied to the game's process. Or better yet, make purchases be streamlined and not need a web browser at all.
    Amyure wrote: »
    Just adding a +1. Literally cannot spend nx on anything ingame.

The main website's webshop should still work. And I honestly find it easier to navigate and more responsive than the in-game shop.
    [Deleted User]
  • EllisyaEllisya
    FYI, this is not fixed (according to my friend)
  • EllisyaEllisya
    edited September 28, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Ellisya wrote: »
    FYI, this is not fixed (according to my friend)
    What isn't fixed? Disconnections from the Guild Page via a browser (outside of the game)?, or-- Disconnections from the Cash Shop (inside of the game)? There is a huge difference. The Guild Page can be accessed from your friend's choice of browser (it does not have to be Microsoft Edge). If the problem only exists in Microsoft Edge and only exists since Windows took an update; your friend should ask Microsoft to fix it, or rollback the update they installed to an earlier stable version. If you meant the Cash Shop isn't fixed in the game (inside of the game); have you told your friend to Reset Internet Explorer as I mentioned up above (have they done this)?

-- have they cleared their browser cache and history; for the browser they are using? <-- this is important (not optional).

It's all answered above, the situation.

It's not related with any browser thingy but recent update from Microsoft (Edge or IE w/e). And happening to pretty much everyone who updated their windows. Rollback-ing Windows doesn't sound like our responsibility but Nexon at this moment. But like Katherz said, they are looking into it and still working on it so... I guess we'll have to wait once more.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Whatever the problem (Mabi running into an issue and having to close) was caused by, resetting IE like Hardmuscle said did seem to work for me.
    I'm able to use the in-game web shop once again.
    I wonder why there was even an issue this time though.

IE had to have had updates before that didn't making accessing the in-game web shop crash Mabi itself.
    I mean, I'm assuming so. I don't use IE for much of anything.
    [Deleted User]
  • GawaynoGawayno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    It's been almost a month since this issue was posted and yet, for people like me, I still crash even with the fix Hardmuscle mention.

Why hasn't this been fixed?
  • GigilGigil
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited October 5, 2017
    So I want to buy the pet box but for some reason from the website it says my character doesn't meet requirements but I also can't buy from ingame or else I crash. :) TAKE MY MONEY NEXON HELLO?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Dear me, I'm getting this issue again!
    And now even @Hardmuscle 's advice with resetting IE's settings didn't help.

Trying to access the Web Shop from within Mabinogi causes Mabinogi to stop responding and close.

@Katherz
    Any insight into the issue from y'all's end?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    This is still being looked at by our developers. I am sorry I don't have much of an update for you guys :(
    [Deleted User]IyasenuGawayno
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 7, 2017
    I've only recently noticed that opening the Cash Shop in game through the UI button crashes my game.
    The first instance on the first day was when I had a personal shop open only for it to correctly launch the shop on the second try.
    While today I've had the same exact crashing happen twice three times in a row.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Have you tried repairing the game? Sounds like it's having sync issues with IE. If this hasn't happened before it could be the recent update data that got hung up a bit.