Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Event Coming With Tomorrow's Maint

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J76
24b1861d1c.png

I wonder what event's coming up.

I mean, the fact that they're removing leftover event fishing bait from the Sleeping With The Fishes event from last year could be totally unrelated.

I wonder what they mean by "Broken books".
Like books that lead to 404 errors?
[Deleted User]

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I dearly hope it has nothing to do with a fishing event. I already ruined my laptop enough by letting it on when I'm not playing because of the bingo event. Don't need another afk event right now.

Also don't have enough AP to re-rank my fishing skill.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    it will probably be the event that gives a rubber pony pet. this event was mentioned in the last live stream. here is the link to event when it happened in Korea: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885498

also if you check your transformation mastery journal there are new transformations added to the list. they might be the same transformations mentioned on the Korean site in the link I posted.
    [Deleted User]
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    The Bait Feeders and Broken Books might have been glitched items that can't be dropped or destroyed and were stuck in player inventories. However, perhaps OP is on to something and the new event will involve updated fishing bait.
    [Deleted User]Aell
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    brace yourselves, more afk-ing is coming...

jokes aside though, I hope it'll be a nice event with decent rewards. or a potion fishing event... I'm in dire need of 300/500 mp pots
    [Deleted User]Aell
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    ShouK wrote: »
    I dearly hope it has nothing to do with a fishing event. I already ruined my laptop enough by letting it on when I'm not playing because of the bingo event. Don't need another afk event right now.

Also don't have enough AP to re-rank my fishing skill.
    @ShouK ~ $30.00 (or less) on Amazon. :trollface:
    FreeBiz Laptop Cooling Pad Cooler Pad with Chill Mat 5 Quiet Fans and 2 USB 2.0 Ports for Under 17 Inch Laptop (Blue Led Light)
    vQeiJQq.jpg

Wouldn't even worth the effort to argue with you.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Blue lights cool it down. Red lights make it faster. Green lights make it use less energy.

But back on topic: At first I thought it would be the lantern event, but I doubt it since that wasn't mentioned on the live steam. I agree with Negumiko, probably the carrot event. Is that an AFK event or a hot time attendance event? Or will it actually be... y'know... fun. Logging on and off once a day isn't much fun.
    [Deleted User]Erorserv
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited September 20, 2017
    Negumiko wrote: »
    it will probably be the event that gives a rubber pony pet. this event was mentioned in the last live stream. here is the link to event when it happened in Korea: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4885498

I'm pretty sure that's what it is too, I don't believe they mentioned us getting any other events for the rest of the month after that.

@jjeremy I think you just log on once a day for a carrot and then after you have... 12? You get the pony.
    [Deleted User]
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Blue lights cool it down. Red lights make it faster. Green lights make it use less energy.

But back on topic: At first I thought it would be the lantern event, but I doubt it since that wasn't mentioned on the live steam. I agree with Negumiko, probably the carrot event. Is that an AFK event or a hot time attendance event? Or will it actually be... y'know... fun. Logging on and off once a day isn't much fun.

During the livestream they actually said it was a login event: you login, get your one carrot and you can just log off for the day. You need 12 carrots to have the pony balloon pet, meaning 12 days.
    So @badnewsbarrett got it right :3 (I'm just confirming it, since I watched the livestream)
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    A normal fan is pretty effective at cooling a laptop.
    [Deleted User]
  • AngelBishimirAngelBishimir
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    The 4th thread I do about this.

What kind of event it could be? I vote another afk.
    [Deleted User]
    It's the event for the balloon pony pet, you just log on, get a carrot, and log back off, for 12 days straight. Then you get the pet.
    [Deleted User]
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Were Larry fishing baits the ones that paused every time you fished something up?
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    It's the event for the balloon pony pet, you just log on, get a carrot, and log back off, for 12 days straight. Then you get the pet.

Almost forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me about more log in events....
    Hopefully them removing fishing event bait also means they're bringing that back. I need potions again.
    badnewsbarrett[Deleted User]
    Buffalos wrote: »

Almost forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me about more log in events....
    Hopefully them removing fishing event bait also means they're bringing that back. I need potions again.

I wouldn't mind a fishing event for potions or clothes even tbh. I'm pretty sure that's the mafia fishing bait though they're taking out so I'm not sure.
    [Deleted User]
    Raishii wrote: »
    Were Larry fishing baits the ones that paused every time you fished something up?

I'm not sure about that but pretty sure the Larry bait was for the mafia fishing event, if that helps any lol.
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I do not know, but the fact they took out the Larry's Special Bait seems very...fishy.
    [Deleted User]badnewsbarrettIyasenuPeloi
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Raishii wrote: »

I'm not sure about that but pretty sure the Larry bait was for the mafia fishing event, if that helps any lol.

Oh, I remember now. Mistook that bait for that one support puppet bait.
    badnewsbarrett
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    It's definitely balloon pony. Change channels and check your inventory. It's already here.
    [Deleted User]
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    It's the Balloon Pony event mentioned in the livestream. I got a Carrot for logging in past 3am EST, and for logging in 12 times (12 carrots) I can redeem them for a Balloon Pony Whistle.
    [Deleted User]
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Joy, a new free pet once again handed out from an event.

I can't wait to potentially only use it for inventory space or AOE summon if it has one.
    Or throw it in the back with the forgettable pets.

Of it by some miracle it has good/interesting/useful stats, save the whistle and try to make the pet be level 200.

Not the best event, but players with few pets will be happy.
    Although this balloon pony will never match the amazing giant ultra chicken.

Close 2nd though.
    [Deleted User]