Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Moongate at Homestead

Hisame621Hisame621
Mabinogi Rep: 1,490
edited September 21, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I was looking at this thing
Moongate.jpg
then I thought it would look very cool in my Homestead. Even cooler if it would actually have a purpose and could be used as a Moongate, even if it didn't have all the benefits of a real Moongate it would be cool. To not make it too much of a game changer, it could have a cost, such as a Mana Herb to open it. Maybe it could be like a Warp Imp and be limited to only a saved location of preference or a few places etc. I don't know as long as it isn't something that costs NX
[Deleted User]Gaby5011Policroma

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    No more gates of any sort please, there's already enough laziness and afk accumulated over the years because of moongates.
  • Hisame621Hisame621
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,490
    edited September 22, 2017
    No more gates of any sort please, there's already enough laziness and afk accumulated over the years because of moongates.

lol you blame "laziness and afk" on moongates. Amusing. As if the old system of having to wait (afk) for hours for the right moongate to be opened was any better? Or even after they updated that, having to wait for 6pm in game didn't somehow involve waiting (afking) ..
    How about the fact that all video games are incentivized by PLAY TIME. This is what gives almost every single video game its value which increases as play time increases. The number of hours people play is everything to them. You have clearly failed to see the very obvious strategies Nexon uses to get Play time like ?EVENTS? Where you MUST stay logged in and afk in order to receive (currently) Bingo Coins. Also getting people to login everyday, like that new Pony Event, the Attendance Event, etc. etc. You have to be pretty dumb not to realize this is a much bigger problem than Moongates. In fact it's kinda of dumb to point out Moongates anyway, rather than make people wait and afk, they actually give people no excuse to move and get wherever they need
    I honestly think it's a problem that Nexon focuses on the cheapest ways to get play time, its much easier to create events that fill your inventory with disposable crap and then force you to tediously stack items likened to playing a lamer version of Tetris with you inventory for hours, or make you spin the Bingo wheel until its full which does take up a lot of time than to actually improve the game itself.
    It's a huge problem that they do this, and it should be clear to anyone with a skilled mind to see they don't do these things because its more fun for people but to get more play time. The game has been bombarded with events over the years that follow the same pattern, whatever works to keep you logged in for hours. They should have play time because people are enjoying the game not because they will be bombarded with freebies and junk, therefore they SHOULD be increasing the quality of the game rather than putting band aids (events) hopelessly on the slowly dying game. The reason they keep making more and more events is because they have already lost 90% of the original players, tons of people end up leaving the game and never coming back for many reasons. I myself feel foolish for coming back sometimes because the game hasn't improved in its quality, though it has improved on many things but I can't say they are any more improvements than they are simply how the game should have been from the start. I must give them a bit of credit for at least not letting the game die and actually improving many things, but I feel there is more to be done if they expect people to enjoy the quality of the game. Quality play time should be their focus. Some things are pretty simple (like adding a hugging gesture) and I will probably be making a post with a more detailed list of things that I think are simple to add and would at least give the game a bit more quality. (I'm not saying this Moongate in Homestead is one of those things that will improve the quality, just generally speaking here)
    [Deleted User]
  • FerghusTheBlacksmithFerghusTheBlacksmith
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    Oh, wow. I would love this.

I have a gate in my Homestead and even if it's only for show, I'd replace it with a Moongate in a heartbeat. Just imaging running up to it and the Moongate stone lifts up to let me pass.
    [Deleted User]
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Me thinks its a bit too convenient. But then again that hasn't stopped them before. Heck it, why not.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Probably would break the game LOL.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hisame621 wrote: »

lol you blame "laziness and afk" on moongates. Amusing. As if the old system of having to wait (afk) for hours for the right moongate to be opened was any better? Or even after they updated that, having to wait for 6pm in game didn't somehow involve waiting (afking) ..
    How about the fact that all video games are incentivized by PLAY TIME. This is what gives almost every single video game its value which increases as play time increases. The number of hours people play is everything to them. You have clearly failed to see the very obvious strategies Nexon uses to get Play time like ?EVENTS? Where you MUST stay logged in and afk in order to receive (currently) Bingo Coins. Also getting people to login everyday, like that new Pony Event, the Attendance Event, etc. etc. You have to be pretty dumb not to realize this is a much bigger problem than Moongates. In fact it's kinda of dumb to point out Moongates anyway, rather than make people wait and afk, they actually give people no excuse to move and get wherever they need
    I honestly think it's a problem that Nexon focuses on the cheapest ways to get play time, its much easier to create events that fill your inventory with disposable crap and then force you to tediously stack items likened to playing a lamer version of Tetris with you inventory for hours, or make you spin the Bingo wheel until its full which does take up a lot of time than to actually improve the game itself.
    It's a huge problem that they do this, and it should be clear to anyone with a skilled mind to see they don't do these things because its more fun for people but to get more play time. The game has been bombarded with events over the years that follow the same pattern, whatever works to keep you logged in for hours. They should have play time because people are enjoying the game not because they will be bombarded with freebies and junk, therefore they SHOULD be increasing the quality of the game rather than putting band aids (events) hopelessly on the slowly dying game. The reason they keep making more and more events is because they have already lost 90% of the original players, tons of people end up leaving the game and never coming back for many reasons. I myself feel foolish for coming back sometimes because the game hasn't improved in its quality, though it has improved on many things but I can't say they are any more improvements than they are simply how the game should have been from the start. I must give them a bit of credit for at least not letting the game die and actually improving many things, but I feel there is more to be done if they expect people to enjoy the quality of the game. Quality play time should be their focus. Some things are pretty simple (like adding a hugging gesture) and I will probably be making a post with a more detailed list of things that I think are simple to add and would at least give the game a bit more quality. (I'm not saying this Moongate in Homestead is one of those things that will improve the quality, just generally speaking here)

You didn't have to afk to wait for moongate, you just had to travel through the actual maps. Unless it was Ceo Island, that was the exception.
    I think it was golem grinders that advocated for the expansion of moongates.