Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Uncapping a few skills

Gaby5011Gaby5011
Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
in Feedback and Suggestions
Ever since I got r6 Mana Shield years ago, I wanted the master title forever. Shame to see it's still at r6 maximum... Might be nice if the title gave some mana, int, and a Mana Shield efficiency bonus too!

Rest would also be nice to get uncapped, gotta get that hp!

While we're here, might as well look for Cooking, Campfire, First Aid, Evasion, Meditation.

Thanks!

(sorry if it's been suggested already, didn't find anything with the search bar)
[Deleted User]Iyasenu

Comments

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I agree with the exception of cooking. I'd want an expansion to cooking to be well thought-out, with new cooking methods and dishes, not just a lazy tag-on for the last few ranks..because for cooking that barely accomplishes anything. I mean, our cooking precision is already crazy.

I do, however, want them to work on THAT. As in, I do want cooking uncapped, just not lazily.
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Siodhan wrote: »
    I agree with the exception of cooking. I'd want an expansion to cooking to be well thought-out, with new cooking methods and dishes, not just a lazy tag-on for the last few ranks..because for cooking that barely accomplishes anything. I mean, our cooking precision is already crazy.

I do, however, want them to work on THAT. As in, I do want cooking uncapped, just not lazily.

Yeah...Like making some ingredients useful, IE; Honey.

Make it so "Sweeteners" can be used, either Honey or Sugar for a recipe for example.
    Siodhan
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yes, so much.
    For many of these skills, the data for the uncapped ranks exist in the files already. (though pretty much only RP characters can ever get them, like the RP-you in Lorraine's Nightmare)
    Just need to add some books, or quests, or something to fulfill the training reqs.

Also, I still count skills that are rank 1 without an obtainable master title as capped.

Like Musical Knowledge, Composing... Tasting, but I guess Cooking getting uncapped to 1 would bring a new method for Tasting to have.
    I guess Crusader skills, too, since they don't have master titles despite being able to be fully trained at rank 1, but they're a whole different story.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I agree with all of you!
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    My dearest forumer,

It has been nine years since the rest skill appeared for me.
    A skill many use, and raising it beneficial to HP bars everywhere.
    But alas, it has been locked at Rank 7 for ages. Forever still, and never touched.
    My mind aches, my desire grows. Why, oh WHY, is there a rank 1 pose?
    I don't even care if the stats are made poor, all I want is that sweet, amazing pose.

To this day, the existence of the rank 1 pose, with the skill locked from it, has always annoyed me.
    And with so much content added over the years, why can books not be placed there?
    I would even be content with rank 1 being from phantasm of all things!
    Just have it exist and be there!

signed,
    Someone that really needs to get more sleep
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited September 24, 2017
    Seeing all those uncapped skills trigger me. Even when I get every other skill to r1, I'll still feel incomplete
  • FoxieeFoxiee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    I would like to see this uncapped too myself. :c Infact uncap ALL capped skills please!