Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Shop bag spacing? what are these double standards!

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in General Chat
What makes this allowed
zzCHOD0.png

but not this
jOMzmjk.png

Comments

• iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    This is why we need kiosks to be setup anywhere, you could set them up around the square in belv and dunby. Will never happen though, I think they've given up on this game. There are only afk events anymore, I hate wasting electricity by leaving this game open 24/7 for some stupid bag.
    Kensamaofmari
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    @Hardmuscle fud ?? what is
    [Deleted User]
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Something I've thought about but... it would be nice if shops were fixed to a grid, rather than any random placement allowed. This way, you don't have to guess whether or not you can place your shop somewhere...
    [Deleted User]Clovis15Kokoro
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wonder how easy it'd be to make shops align to a grid.

Ya'know, like how Ice Mines snap to some invisible grid.

Would that change how many shops can be set up in total?
    It'd definitely make it more convenient to know, at a glance, if there's shop space available. For sure.

Also, I could swear there are some invisible walls or obstacles in certain spots of the Belvast bazaar area.

As an aside...
    I had no idea there was a :trollface: emote on these forums, lmao...
    [Deleted User]
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Also, I could swear there are some invisible walls or obstacles in certain spots of the Belvast bazaar area.

There's definitely an invisible pillar in the west market area. Not to mention, movement controls get a little bizarre around there. Like, you don't go straight into the direction you try to go...
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Concept Art from the Peanut Gallery

7AfFHep.png

dt2inIy.png

I think the grid that is programmed for the shops looks exactly like your second image, and the shop just appears randomly inside that grid, even hanging off the edge a bit, creating seemingly empty spaces that are huge if the four shops happen to appear in the corners closest to each other. Because, you know, mabi positively LOVES random. Seriously everything in this game is based on random chance it gives me anxiety. Right down to the color of your character's name!
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    There are (albeit completely invisible to the player) actual boundaries in shop areas.

If you could see them all; situations like the one above would make more sense.

You know what they should do is make those boundaries visible and allow you to set down a shop in a similar way like setting down meteor. That way you don't have to trial and error setting up repeatedly.
    [Deleted User]ShoogEastSea
  • MhoritoMhorito
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    or... give everyone free access to housing and raise housing limit to 50m... just make house adver inactive if you arent logged on for players with no service...

oh and bot spray. definitely need bot spray...
    Kensamaofmari[Deleted User]Sphyra21
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    iMattxC wrote: »
    This is why we need kiosks to be setup anywhere, you could set them up around the square in belv and dunby. Will never happen though, I think they've given up on this game. There are only afk events anymore, I hate wasting electricity by leaving this game open 24/7 for some stupid bag.

How a true market should look.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Mhorito wrote: »
    or... give everyone free access to housing and raise housing limit to 50m... just make house adver inactive if you arent logged on for players with no service...

oh and bot spray. definitely need bot spray...

Do we treat bot season like mosquito season?
    [Deleted User]
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited September 26, 2017
    that's even more perfect considering the bot spam posts were about horse racing 😏 🐴
    [Deleted User]Kensamaofmari