Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Exciting Forum Developments INC!

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
in Vault
Hi everyone,

As you might have noticed, we no longer have a banner to approve forum applicants. We are testing out a new ranking system that SHOULD curb the bot issue that has plagued us for the past million years. We experienced our first bug where players could not edit their posts. We have since resolved that issue.

giphy.gif

An additional note, I would like to thank the forum mods for tackling the tedious task of scrubbing the forums day and night. Hopefully this should resolve the issue. We will continue to monitor the forums to see if there are any issues with this new ranking system.

giphy.gif
MissFortune[Deleted User]KatherzImaizumiOkamixdimsumNaomii66badnewsbarrettNearlyFai7Pankoodaand 18 others.

Comments

• MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    6f9cfc178a.gif

So happy!
    [Deleted User]Darkpixie99MottleypSherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Mmmmm how exactly do these ranks work? One of the bots already has rank 2, even though the account was made 3 minutes ago, which seems to be enough for them to make threads?
    [Deleted User]badnewsbarrett
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I'm just curious if they were spamming all the Nexon forums or just Mabi :o was too lazy to check. Hopefully it works!
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited September 26, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    I'm just curious if they were spamming all the Nexon forums or just Mabi :o was too lazy to check. Hopefully it works!

It was on MapleStory for a while, but I think that eventually stopped. I'd assume that their anti-bot feature either worked on implementation or manual moderating was active through the peak bot traffic times.
    If I recall, they have like....five VFMs over there? There are a whole bunch of community positions over there, and I'm not entirely familiar on them or if they have light-moderating tools.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Good, now I can go back to eating bananas.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Darkpixie99KingEphy
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Has anyone else run into a weird happening where the page never seems to stop loading?
    I'm getting this issue (I guess) on Chrome on certain pages:
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/
    and
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/

I don't notice anything not loaded, since I can find everything like buttons, posts, forums sections, but the little loading circle up on the Tab never stops spinning.
    And eventually that page goes "Aw, Snap!" if I leave it long enough.
    3254bafd74.png

Never used to happen before this forum update.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    T-The bots are gone for good?

4zLQE9k.jpg
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    3254bafd74.png

I'm getting a lot of these alongside the occasional "Too many redirects" error. Guess something exploded if others are getting it on Chrome.
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    But we can't see the forum unless logged in anymore... that's bad cus forum won't let me login from my phone no matter what. Like, no matter how many times I login it just logs me out :(
    Either way if this gets rid of all the spam that I've been scrolling over daily then it's very nice :D
    ZarricBuffalos
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Cool.
    Now give us Custom Avatars... :unamused:
    Shadowtivani
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    Miuna wrote: »
    But we can't see the forum unless logged in anymore... that's bad cus forum won't let me login from my phone no matter what. Like, no matter how many times I login it just logs me out :(
    Either way if this gets rid of all the spam that I've been scrolling over daily then it's very nice :D

I have issues with the forums being like this too.
    I don't use auto-fill, I use private browsing on firefox, and I clean up my pc with CCleaner after I'm done browsing. I just want to browse without being logged in as it's not like ANYONE can do anything on the forum itself if they're not logged in. If I have something I want to say, like now for instance, I will log in to do so.

Miuna
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    3254bafd74.png

I'm getting a lot of these alongside the occasional "Too many redirects" error. Guess something exploded if others are getting it on Chrome.

Maybe need to clear cookies?
    Sai wrote: »
    T-The bots are gone for good?

4zLQE9k.jpg

It's like a roach infestation. Can you really get rid of them all?
    VioletBoy[Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    I was wondering what that badge was... considering I already have 604 comments already.
    This new ranking system should be pretty cool to watch grow, and maybe it'll invite some new badges or funny titles.

6eb.gif
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Well I'll be darned. The bots are gone.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    @Hardmuscle I noticed that yesterday after logging back in and then off after a little bit last night.

For this whole thing though, good job on restoring that setting and it seems to be keeping the bot problem in check. User = :D essentially.
    [Deleted User]
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    edited September 28, 2017
    so how does this ranking system work? I mean, I don't see any difference aside from a bot-free forum. or is this ranking supposed to invisible to most of us?

nvm, making this post already gave me the answer
    [Deleted User]
  • MasterGoonMasterGoon
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    edited September 30, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    so how does this ranking system work? I mean, I don't see any difference aside from a bot-free forum. or is this ranking supposed to invisible to most of us?
    3 simple steps...
    Step 1. Rank A (aka Rank 1): The rank you get when you first join the forums

Step 2. Limbo

Step 3. Rank B (aka Rank 2): The rank you get after your first post or comment is approved
    I'm guessing that's the full extent of it (and that's all we actually need). ~ We're either approved or left to rot in Limbo (:smirk:). ~ Simple as that.

I'm actually rather curious if this will solve problems related to breaking the rules? Such as harassment? I've come to notice that's been a problem for several users. Will this system help prevent more than just the bot issues is my question.
    Now, if this method can be used to rid the game itself of bots
    [Deleted User]
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Oh my god. This forum moderator.. Saygo's anime ..whatever it's called, moving pictures in a loop Iforgot...are awesssoome. Even though I miss Sabina. o_o