Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi TCG 2.0 this needs to stop!

watercat0watercat0
Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
edited September 29, 2017 in General Chat

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    *Mabinogis Uses Nao's sumptuous breasts to usher new players in

*Mabinogi TCG uses Nao's Cleavage

Well....lightning does hit the same place twice. <3
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 27, 2017
    Welp I popped on to register my ign, went through some of the tutorial to get to to home section, logged off lol. You never know if they might have a cross over event with goodies which require you to play that game to get said goodies. They've done it before.

Also it appears that the story line in there is some quasi alternate prequel of the Mabinogi's story line.

I do not approve. Plus the artwork is sub par. kek.

P.S. Even if we have a cross over event it will not make me continue to play the game. RIP. >:D

Oh @watercat0 FilthyFrank cusses in that video. You can't post that here. It's funny, but you know.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I know Everquest 2 used to have a bunch of crossover stuff with their card game. Though it eventually got cancelled when people got bored of it.

I might check it out later.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Policroma wrote: »
    I know Everquest 2 used to have a bunch of crossover stuff with their card game. Though it eventually got cancelled when people got bored of it.

What will they think of Next?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Policroma wrote: »

Nothing much.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Rip Mabinogi II.
    Gaea wrote: »
    Rip Mabinogi II.

I think Mabinogi II would exist if the rights were sold to another dev.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    *looks at the cards names*
    So they literally took names from different games and put them on cards?
    Can't say alot of these things are from the game version of Mabi lol
    Never seen a topless plant girl in game before have you?
    druidTarlach.png
    After seeing this i'm done lol.
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Opalthira wrote: »
    *looks at the cards names*
    So they literally took names from different games and put them on cards?
    Can't say alot of these things are from the game version of Mabi lol
    Never seen a topless plant girl in game before have you?
    druidTarlach.png
    After seeing this i'm done lol.

I don't know, maybe we notice said plant girl more in these cards because she has recently received....im-plants!

:D
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    MabiDuel which is the original game for those who do not know has been out for a long time now and has been quite successful. It had a pretty good written story and really fun and great gameplay.

The problem with duel of summoners is not because it's a mabinogi tcg (mind you they have many original cards and art that is really really good) but it's the fact that duel of summoners is PRACTICALLY THE SAME GAME BUT NAMED DIFFERENTLY AND INTRODUCED AS A COMPLETELY NEW GAME. Apparently it has lowered costs of cards, and cards have an increased attack stat. But in essence it's the same gameplay mechanics, same cards, just brand new. And no you cannot transfer Mabiduel accounts to Duel of summoners because they are not the same game.

EDIT*
    I recommend playing on the mabiduel version lmao.
    It has more content and cards in general.
    I don't exactly know what they have planned on adding to duel of summoners besides card stat variations but so far it's just been the same game.
    Soraite
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    jjeremy wrote: »

Prolly nothing, as EQ Next was cancelled.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    YellowBin wrote: »
    MabiDuel which is the original game for those who do not know has been out for a long time now and has been quite successful. It had a pretty good written story and really fun and great gameplay.

The problem with duel of summoners is not because it's a mabinogi tcg (mind you they have many original cards and art that is really really good) but it's the fact that duel of summoners is PRACTICALLY THE SAME GAME BUT NAMED DIFFERENTLY AND INTRODUCED AS A COMPLETELY NEW GAME. Apparently it has lowered costs of cards, and cards have an increased attack stat. But in essence it's the same gameplay mechanics, same cards, just brand new. And no you cannot transfer Mabiduel accounts to Duel of summoners because they are not the same game.

EDIT*
    I recommend playing on the mabiduel version lmao.
    It has more content and cards in general.
    I don't exactly know what they have planned on adding to duel of summoners besides card stat variations but so far it's just been the same game.

Sad thing is I really liked MabiDuel as a card game. It had refreshing mechanics and a good deckbulding in game strategy balance. The game itself was well polished from a gameplay stand point. I mainly stopped playing cause I don't want to be on my phone all the time just to play a game (and do dailies on a phone really). When they announced this I was fairly excited thinking it was just a mabiduel web client.

To see it as a whole new game, complete with card booster microtransactions, did NOT make me happy. This does nothing but split the original mabiduel community and set both the mobile version and PC version for failure due to lack of playerbase. They really should have been the same game with cross platform play, that would have not only increased the playerbase but made the game a more solid TCG since you could trade amongst PC and mobile players.
    JJTheNyanCatLiberateSoraiteYellowBin
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited September 28, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Liyeta ~ Because Nexon doesn't have control over development decisions. They are the publisher; not the developer. ~ I am sure you are not a stranger to business-level chain of command, or you'd like us to believe you are.

@YellowBin ~ Like I said to Liyeta. Nexon is the publisher; not the developer. As the developer; devCAT should be allowed to name their game whatever the hell they want to. If they want to give it a different name in each country they choose to release it, that is their prerogative and their absolute right.

Don't get me wrong. I understand criticism. It's just that you folks are acting like Nexon stole the game and did a whole bunch of things they should not have done to something they had no right to touch; and it all seems very silly to me to think anyone would ever believe that line.

Save the harsh criticism for the people who actually develop the game and make development decisions. Not the people who publish the game. (When Stephen King writes a new book; you criticize him; not his publisher. ~ This is no different).

This is partially true, but Nexon OWNS Devcat, and can tell them exactly what to do. This is how it works for subsidies the main company orders you around. Look at monolith soft, and Nintendo they go to Nintendo and ask for permission, but Nintendo approves, gives them projects, change game names, or tell them to change how the game plays. There are plenty of others look at EA and the list of sub companies they own EA shut down studios firing everyone just cause they didn't like their work. All in all basically devcat reports to nexon for everything, and can be canned if Nexon feels like it.
    Devcat is to Nexon Korea as Nexon US is to Nexon Korea the main company calls all the shots so equating the dev to Nexon while technically inaccurate isn't far off the mark, and IMO acceptable.

Also plenty of publishers have forced changes on games to the dev's of games with threats that the game would never be published as most have to sign some form of contract where the dev would literally lose all cash put in, and possible go under without doing said changes. I remember on the Wii U one company wanted to release a Wii U game(and had it running), but EA said no as they signed some exclusive contract with EA for distribution so the game had the kibosh put on it.
  • SoraiteSoraite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited September 28, 2017
    I was really disappointed it came out as a separate game too, the devs or whoever that run their youtube channel keep saying that it'd complicate the mabi duel community if they were to make the PC version the same as App version... But dude, you don't have to open it as a whole new game. The app is already doing so well and has been out for years, if you just make it a PC version you don't have to change anything card wise and so many players from the app would join too. I have so many good cards i collected over the years and now they want me to redo all the storyline (which is a real pain) AND collect cards all over again? No thanks.

P.S I recommend you guys play the app though it's a really good TCG, i never enjoyed card games but mabi duel is actually fun and engaging. They give a ton of gems too you don't really spend money at all. Since it's open across the world you duel from people in Asia and Europe too!
    TheNyanCat
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Soraite wrote: »
    I was really disappointed it came out as a separate game too, the devs or whoever that run their youtube channel keep saying that it'd complicate the mabi duel community if they were to make the PC version the same as App version... But dude, you don't have to open it as a whole new game. The app is already doing so well and has been out for years, if you just make it a PC version you don't have to change anything card wise and so many players from the app would join too. I have so many good cards i collected over the years and now they want me to redo all the storyline (which is a real pain) AND collect cards all over again? No thanks.

P.S I recommend you guys play the app though it's a really good TCG, i never enjoyed card games but mabi duel is actually fun and engaging. They give a ton of gems too you don't really spend money at all. Since it's open across the world you duel from people in Asia and Europe too!

That's another issue with the PC client...the app went global and thus has a global playerbase. TMK Koreans have a webclient for the game that's not separate as well.

I'd play more if I could use my mobile account on PC. :C
    Everybody knows that wannabe rapper goblin killed Mabinogi Duel
    Devcat is the developer, but a subsidiary of Nexon Corporation.
    Whether Nexon has control over what their developer does, we don't know as we do not know their business operations nor would that information be publicly available.
    Are you talking about games developed by developers not owned by Nexon?
    Hmm, seems that we've run into quite a mess figuring this thing out.

Let me know if this helps explain what you're trying to explain.

Nexon Corp Online Game company

Owns: Publishing/Marketing subsidiaries (regional branches), Developers, etc.

Nexon Corp controls all.
    Publishing/Marketing (i.e Nexon North America) chooses what games to release to the market+management of available games, cannot control content development/release from developers (i.e. Devcat).
    Developer (Devcat) produces content for games (i.e Mabinogi). The decisions on content/game development are of their own organization. Parent company, Nexon Corp may make some decisions, but likely just supplies funding. Devcat presents new content/games. Nexon Corp chooses what content/games + timing will go to which publisher. Publisher makes final decisions on when/how to implement.

Let me know if I'm getting warmer or colder.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    A "publisher" is basically a marketing-pimp. The only decision rights they have is how to market the products they support. They do not retain development rights over products they do not develop (no matter what anyone feels is personally acceptable). This is why a game goes back to its developer when kicked to the curb. If you need an example; play Atlantica, Dragon Nest, or Dungeon Fighter in NA (all are still open). :smirk:

Dungeon Fighter Online is still owned and ran by Nexon.
    [Deleted User]